Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:13   #16
BHPian

Agree with the others on the Sonata Embera here, it is a high quality car with a lot of space. I'm not sure about its budget, but since yours is stretchable, I say do take a test drive and ride in the back seat as well.
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
My vote goes to Cedia.Have just completed a TD and its a real value for moeny..2.0L engine is awesome and it comes straight out of a Rally car pedigree
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:21   #18
BHPian

RE: Budget 14L

Option 1, You should try the Cedia. it should satisfy most of your requirements if not all. Rear seat may be an issue only on long drives if you are very tall. From the driver's seat this is one of the most sorted car around at that price point.

Option 2, Since you are getting chauffered most of the time, Innova actually does suit your requirement to a large extent.
Unless vehicle size is a problem for you which was in my case and my wife was also vehement that the image of this vehicle is more of a call centre cab (true for Delhi/NCR).

No option, Civic! is overpriced and user complaints have increased for this vehicle.

---------------
Palio GTX; Cedia Sports
Old 23rd October 2007, 23:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

One question - why don't I see seat belts for the seats? Isn't that a huge safety compromise?
Old 24th October 2007, 01:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
One question - why don't I see seat belts for the seats? Isn't that a huge safety compromise?
How many people in India have you actually seen sitting in the back seat & wearing seatbelts?

Not mocking you, I know where you're coming from on this but point is in our country people hardly ever use the back seat seatbelts (Unless they are my friends who put theirs on immediately when they sense that I'm in the mood for a fun drive!!).

Last edited by iraghava : 24th October 2007 at 01:12.
Old 24th October 2007, 01:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
How many people in India have you actually seen sitting in the back seat & wearing seatbelts?

Not mocking you, I know where you're coming from on this but point is in our country people hardly ever use the back seat seatbelts (Unless they are my friends who put theirs on immediately when they sense that I'm in the mood for a fun drive!!).
I agree Ishan, but I just happened to notice. In a vehicle like Innova, you generally expect people to travel 1000+ of kilometers a month and very often long drives - so, I was wondering about that aspect. Sorry if my question was not phrased properly.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 24th October 2007 at 01:33.
Old 24th October 2007, 01:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

No, no problem Raghu, I understood your question. But the problem is most consumers protest when you put seatbelts in the rear seat of normal cars & crib about it as they think that it's some kind of mandatory requirement to wear the seatbelt rather than thinking of their own safety. This is even more exaggerated when someone is getting the rear seats of his car modded, so most of the time the customers themselves ask for the belts/belt buckles to be removed completely as it makes the seats "uncomfortable".

Hence, their absence in this case.

Last edited by iraghava : 24th October 2007 at 01:44.
Old 24th October 2007, 10:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Anyone actually TRIED OUT those modified seats?
They LOOK mighty uncomfortable.
Aren't the stock seats of the Innova better?
Old 24th October 2007, 10:09   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Anyone actually TRIED OUT those modified seats?
They LOOK mighty uncomfortable.
Aren't the stock seats of the Innova better?
. in all these modded innovas they use the 3rd row seats. instead they should use the 2nd rows captain chairs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks