Team-BHP - New Car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   New Car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/3065-new-car.html)

Hi,

I stay in Pune. Looking to buy a new car. My budget is 3 - 5 lacs.

The catch is my height. Its 6 feet 4 inches.

So I m looking for a car with leg space, Fuel effieciency, performance, decent look.

Thanks in advance,
cthulhu

hey there,

i think the santro xing would be perfect for you, the second choice wagon r.

overall i think the xing is more of a practical car than the wagon r, because it can accomodate 5 people, whereas in a wagon r only 4 people can sit n the fifth passenger might make things too intimate for comfort *

though the wagon r edges the santro out in terms of fuel consumption (the difference is very marginal, for manual variants).
Both come in automatic versions....the xing is far better mainly because of an extra 4th gear which makes it better in city traffic than the wagon r which comes with only 3 forward speeds. (The xing auto is more fuel efficient than wagon r auto because of its 4th gear).

Performance wise, i've driven both the wagon r n the xing, n found the wagon r to be a little more peppier than the xing.

Looking at your height, both these cars should be good for you. N i think the xing still looks better than the wagon r. Both maruti n hyundai are known for good aftersales service. After all is said n done i still prefer the xing to the wagon r, but make sure u test drive both the vehicles n the automatics as well. n go in for the model which has power steering....its a great deal of help especially when parallel parking. Hope all this helps. *

do you need the rear seat. you can tear it out and adjust the front seat to slide even further back. seriously though unless u are considering 2nd hand the Wngr and Xng are about all you can choose from. the Zen is way too low unless you can make the above seat mod and the petra might be just outside the 5L budget on road. what about the Getz GL? it might come in just under 5L if you dont have to pay for octroi and it is larger than the Xng.

Dude go for the WagonR... i am 5,11 and find no probs with it.. still i dont know what to do with that space above my head... and second choice would be Santro... but dude.. the pedal position of santro can be quite awkward for first time drivers... and not to forget the hard seats... WagonR is the tallest car in this segment i think...

thx ppl for ur advice.

well
as others said you can consider the wagonR
even try the versa.
if not these then it will be the getz and santro up for u

Close your eyes and head to a FIAT dealer and book yourself a Petra.

i would suggest you look in for 2nd hand cars were u can get cars in ur budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ported_head @ Sep. 25 2004,13:37)]Close your eyes and head to a FIAT dealer and book yourself a Petra.

I was just wondering why no one was suggesting the Petra...

does petra comes within 5 lacs onroad ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]does petra comes within 5 lacs onroad ??

Uptil the 30th of Sept, Bombay price is 5.04 - inclusive of tax and registration.

GTO

WagonR has more front leg room (much more than Santro)

As per Delhi Prices Petra is for 4.77 onroad. till 30th sep only. well even after that.. i don't see it going over 5.

then see this... I think petra is anyday better than Getz (5.02 onroad) even if hyundai gives u a santro free along with it

GO for the Petra. since u have till 5L ... no use even considering these tiny things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GreenHex @ Sep. 25 2004,17:06)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ported_head @ Sep. 25 2004,13:37)]Close your eyes and head to a FIAT dealer and book yourself a Petra.

I was just wondering why no one was suggesting the Petra...

i think it was done read the earlier posts. post 3 mentioned the petra was just outside 5L.

Test drive the Getz and check for yrself , whether u fit in comfortaby or not
The Getz GL will be approx 4.97 on road Pune.

Petra is a good rock solid car, but its efficiency figures are too low.
there is a new look Siena 1.6( or Petra ) in my bldg .It returns just 7 kmpl
and assuming in Pune it is bumper to bumper traffic, it would affect the FE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 25 2004,18:52)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]does petra comes within 5 lacs onroad ??

Uptil the 30th of Sept, Bombay price is 5.04 - inclusive of tax and registration.

GTO

Yes..but you have to have the car financed for 5years. NC told me this.