Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 21:26   #1

Had decide on Santro GLS. Now Pa ?

Hi ,

I am planning to buy my first car. Am also a new driver. (Am currently learning to drive.)
Have almost finalised to buy a Santro GLS. (Family consists of 3 adults).
The on road price after the discounts is coming to 4.04 lakhs.
Wanted some advise from the Team-BHP on the following points.

1. Will Santro be phased out because of Pa ?
2. Will there be any price reduction for Santro soon?
3. What all accessories are usually given along with the car?
4. All dealers in Hyderabad are giving the same offer (Free insurance. 4000/- off as corporate bonus. Free mp3 player). The dealer said that he cannot give cash discount. Can I bargain for anything more ?
5. Is it the right trim model to choose ?( My minimum requirements are AC and power steering)
6. Any special things to take care during registration/delivery.

Have even got the car loan approved. So am currently in the final lap.

Please send your views. And thanks in advance.

Regards
Old 1st November 2007, 09:18   #2
BHPian

Generally dealers do not give extra cash discounts.
But they do give out a few accessories. you can bargain on that.
Consider, sunfilms, autocop central locking, foot mats etc, gear lock, body cover, leather stearing cover, leather gear know cover.
Since you are already getting MP3 player +4speakers(assuming), go to one of the hyundi showroom and check out what all various brands of HU+speakers they have. Find out what brand are they providing you, and then bargain for a better model.

P.S: for any freebiee accessory, do get a confirmation on what brand/model will they be providing. Generally later on dealers will try to cut the corners by providing lower end models.

go thru
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Very nicely written thread...will give the sales person an impression that you are not navie

Regards,
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:59   #3
BHPian

Santro is gradually becoming an outdated vehicle right now. I10 (pa) is much more stylish than Santro. Also the new iRDE engine should give better performance (66.7 bhp while Santro gives around 63 bhp). The new electric power steering facilitates better fuel economy. Interiors are much better than Santro. I10 comes with tubeless tyres (for all variants)
The Santro might not get phased out immediately. There might be more offers coming up with Santro. So if you have budget constraints, go for Santro. If budget is not a constraint and you are interested in a better vehicle go for I10 Era or Magnum. But if you can strech your budget a bit more, look for Getz since it is much more spacious and comfortable compared to I10 and Santro.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks