Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 14:26   #1
BHPian

Please suggest a new B+ car for me which gives max Lower Back seat support

Hi! Guys,
Have been reading this forum for last 6 months very regularly can say it has become second home. I've TD all vehicles in B+ except getz. Currently I own a Maruti 800 mpfi a problem free car. And I must say its best for zipping. But I've only one qualm driving it regularly is giving me lots of lower back pain. It has become unbearable now.
So, now i'm looking for a car which can provide me best driving comfort with good support of lower back.
My budget it 4.5lack max. Priority wise
1. Best seating comfort.
2. Mileage
3. Ample Leg space at rear passenger then boot space. (since its for family use)
4. Good After Sale service.
Will be ok for petrol/diesel both.
Parking is problem in our area so need car which can get in our streets and hence compromise for sedan.

Hope friends at BHP will be able to help me out by pointing which car gives best Seating comfort for long drives.
Old 26th November 2007, 14:36   #2
BHPian

Looking at your requirememt, i can think of two cars.

Getz 1.3 and Tata Indica Xeta.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:16   #3
BHPian

Try Fiat Palio stile 1.1, Might suit your requirement of
1. Driving comfort
2. FE
3. Good Leg room in the back seat
4. Good After Sales Service (I can vouch for this in Bangalore)

Have a TD & check it out for your self.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

if you can strech a bit go for the swift LDI.or else swift petrol is also ok.getz has lots of space but manouvering a getz through bylanes -if its congested -then its a problem.think of estilo and i10 too.

ram
Old 26th November 2007, 15:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Err, something I've realized since the last two weeks of severe lower back pain (almost slipped disc at base, and prolapsed 5th vertebra) - I am more comfortable on my bike than in car fwiw!

Alto is painful for me so I can relate to your pain. why not just look at a new seat with lumbar support? Don't throw money away without addressing the root cause?

or save the money lost in the txn and get a driver. put the 800 on cng, so running costs become one fourth, and no petrol theft either. go sleeping to office
Old 26th November 2007, 15:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Tata indica petrol/diesel fits the bill correctly as its got all the things you are looking for.
Other option is Getz 1.3 and Palio 1.1. Swift doesn't that spacious compared to others.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if the Mahidra-Renault Logan and Tata Indigo are avaliable in the price range of 4.5 lacs but do take a look at both of them. Logan, specially, is supposed to be very spacious and comfortable.
Old 26th November 2007, 16:36   #8
BHPian

Thanks for replies so far.
I've TD Palio 1.1 and 1.6 both would really say one of best car i TD in hatchback but it was just for 2-3 kms TD so can't comment about its comfort in everyday use. Same goes for Indicas.
My query is to those who are using these cars in everyday use and how much back ache if any they suffer while driving their cars in cities like delhi.
Old 26th November 2007, 19:34   #9
BHPian

I would suggest you the Getz 1.1. Obviously, you can go for the 1.3 if you are ready to stretch the budget. I myself own a Getz 1.1 GLE. The on-road price at Bangalore was aroung 4.48L at that time. I feel that the car is very comfortable and very spacious. I found the seating position to be much better compared to most of the other cars, including Swift. Palio would also be a good choice taking comfort into consideration. But I felt palio to be a bit underpowered, even compared to Getz 1.1.
Old 26th November 2007, 20:38   #10
BHPian

I have a Tata Indica 2007 jan model. Its been driven for 45000 kms and all on tough old delhi roads.

But still the car is going pretty good. No issues faced at all till now and the A.S.S has been good too.

According to me its the most spacious hatchback as i see 4 grownups in the rear seat and 2 in the fronts everyday and the whole boot filled with tiffin boxes and water campers. Still the ride quality is perfect.

FE is also nice but haven't calculated it till now, but i have heard that its going good till now.
Old 26th November 2007, 23:40   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Alto is painful for me so I can relate to your pain. why not just look at a new seat with lumbar support? Don't throw money away without addressing the root cause?
Hey can you provide me some more details about seats with Lumbar support. I'm hearing about it for first time. Can i see some pics or articles related to it somewhere?
Old 26th November 2007, 23:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I am not sure if the Mahidra-Renault Logan and Tata Indigo are avaliable in the price range of 4.5 lacs but do take a look at both of them. Logan, specially, is supposed to be very spacious and comfortable.
Hi! Amit, I had thought for these two sedans and they indeed are spacious but unfortunately our area streets are not much spacious to accommodate them.
Old 26th November 2007, 23:47   #13
Team-BHP Support

Santro and Getz have the best seats for back patients.
Indica has the problem of inadequate thigh support and is not very comfortable if you are shorter than 5"10
I would say get the getz
no idea about 1.1, but I did not find driving the Palio 1.2 comfortable on my back. The lumbar support is not very good, though much better than the low cars
Old 26th November 2007, 23:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

stile 1.1 .. my dad who has chronic back pain was fine with 1.2 which has the same seats but both zen and the low seats of 1.6 seem to aggravate his back.
Old 26th November 2007, 23:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Hey can you provide me some more details about seats with Lumbar support. I'm hearing about it for first time. Can i see some pics or articles related to it somewhere?

I'm sure there could be custom made seats or back belts for the same. I missed wearing my back belt to office and its been a horrendous evening so far. I've heard of belts that can be made to adjust to the car seat.

again, check out karol bagh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks