Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 18:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

a second hand petrol car for mods

Guys ,
as i have found that mods on verna crdi is too much of a strain i have opted to go for a petrol car -second hand .the sole use would be mods i am planning to do like free flow vinyls,ice ,alloys,usize tyres etc.i would prefer a hatch back rether than a sedan as i am already owning one.its never a family car only me and my car use.what i had in mind was a swift vxi.as it dint come with alloys.so upgrade o alloys and tyres possible rather than an zxi.petrol so FFE has some audible effect.
please give your sugestions as i have to take a quick decission.

ram
Old 5th December 2007, 18:53   #2
BHPian

If you have decided on hatch back, then swift is the way to go. How about a sedan like Lancer? Like the one speedzak bought? Lancer with a MIVEC will be too good... :-)
Old 5th December 2007, 19:38   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hatchback for mods: Swift would be good and easy to find one in good shape as well! Plus, it lends itself to mods pretty well!

But, on the negative side: Modded swifts are becoming a common sight in trivandrum (if you intend to have it in trivandrum). So, you'd have to plan well to have some identity among the crowd.

If it is just light mods+ cosmetic mods that you plan to do, a used Palio 1.6 Sport could work out to be a cheaper (better?) option. That is, if you can find a good car in the used car market.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th December 2007 at 19:41.
Old 5th December 2007, 19:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

How about an E-Zen? Cheap and fast! Get a decent condition zen and do an esteem transplant. Will be way way faster than what a Swift VXi would be.
Old 5th December 2007, 19:48   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
How about an E-Zen? Cheap and fast! Get a decent condition zen and do an esteem transplant. Will be way way faster than what a Swift VXi would be.
not if its a b-swift.
Old 5th December 2007, 19:52   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Guys ,
as i have found that mods on verna crdi is too much of a strain i have opted to go for a petrol car -second hand .the sole use would be mods i am planning to do like free flow vinyls,ice ,alloys,usize tyres etc.i would prefer a hatch back rether than a sedan as i am already owning one.its never a family car only me and my car use.what i had in mind was a swift vxi.as it dint come with alloys.so upgrade o alloys and tyres possible rather than an zxi.petrol so FFE has some audible effect.
please give your sugestions as i have to take a quick decission.

ram
one basic question, by mods do you mean cosmetic and acoustic OR Performance mods? If combination to what extent?

from your post you are more looking at bling factor, for which swift is as good as it gets right now.
Old 5th December 2007, 20:06   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
not if its a b-swift.
actually not since the swift it heavy.
Old 5th December 2007, 20:24   #8
BHPian

i guess its still not very clear as to what you are looking for.....

u should give the MIVEC'd Lancers a shot. lotsa fun to drive......u can trash it on a track too. it has a nice BIG boot to load up with acoustics. you'd be flooded with options for body kits and vinyl designs.

e-zens are very straight forward. bug-sized...... performance to kill. but cant expect much in the handling of comfort front.

honda city with a nice b16a should fit bill too. 170 and odd bhp right out of the box. vtec wonder.

if ur looking for fun to drive on a budget..... u should check out the palio 1.6. with the car depreciating like a stone it makes a great second hand buy. 100bhp from the 1.6 is really something.
Old 5th December 2007, 20:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

Buy a Zen. Sell the engine and the gearbox. Buy Viper's OHC VTEC engine and gearbox. Simpul na!
Old 5th December 2007, 20:31   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
actually not since the swift it heavy.
i think itll be pretty close.

another option - put vipers vtec engine in a swift or a zen. its also modded. that will be a stonker. i think ive heard of some swifts running with vtec engines.

edit - shuvd. lol. we posted the same things at the same time.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 5th December 2007 at 20:32.
Old 5th December 2007, 20:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
mods i am planning to do like free flow vinyls,ice ,alloys,usize tyres etc.
Ram whatever you have mentioned except for vinyls is a common thingy these days on every t-bhp'ians car. Dint you know, that you need to get all these done once you own a car and you are on t-bhp ? FYI its mandatory .

As for the mods, I think the e-zen or the swift should suffice. Solely depends on how much you wanna blow doing up your car since its a bottom-less pit when it comes to mods and ICE.
Old 5th December 2007, 20:43   #12
BHPian

how about some thing more fun a ss80 or a starlet with a engine swap like a vtec or baleno engine.seeing you like vinyls and exterior also it sould be perfect car not many out there.would be fast really fast and work out cheap to.

some thing like this:

some thing like this would turn head for a car or non car lover to.
Old 5th December 2007, 21:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

guys,
great input from you all,palio was in my mind but since the model is not in production i was a little reluctant.i know vipers engine out for sale.that require a whole lot of time which i dont have now.have to get the whole job done in a week or two.i know tvm is full of modded swifts.i am in alleppey now so no probs.i had a picture of sx4 hatch sold in malaysia -i suppose.the work was done suzuki works.nice vinyl job and kitting.maybe that would be the theme.
ram
Old 5th December 2007, 23:11   #14
BHPian

If you want to get in 'mod' mode, don't get lost in a crowd... Stand Out! Go for an Amby or a Contessa. Big balloon alloys and a good paint job and a little bit of performance tweaks. This is my suggestion which aren't usually sane...
Old 6th December 2007, 01:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Go for an Amby or a Contessa.
That is if you want to make a Contessa look like a desi muscle car.

You can get a lot of cars for less if you try. I have been looking for a used petrol car for my friend. PM me, I know of a few cars in and around Bangalore (If you are interested, that is).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks