Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 10:19   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

How about the Fusion D?
It is over your budget but has excellent FE, good GC, good looks, all the features except Alloys. Over time, I am sure the FE will make up for the extra cost.
Another option is Getz.
Old 19th February 2008, 10:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
How come you are compromising on the most vital part of your requirement, the GC ? like someone suggested, get a palio adventure, it has all the works.
Isn't Adventure discontinued?
Old 19th February 2008, 11:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

like every one said, you need to compromise on some of your requirements. it makes sense to look at ur requirements and see which one can be compromised

FE - given your low driving per month - there is no significant difference if u go for a car with 2-3kmpl lower mileage also
price- i dont think many compromise on that
GC - a few 10mms here or there is not a big concern.
alloys, PS,sexy looks , AC- looks is subjective - dont compromise on PS, AC . but alloys u can do without - maybe once u get a salary hike u can upgrade
boot space - do u really need 500lits is the question. do u undertake long trips regularly ? doesnt look it bcos u say u drive in a 50km radius from where u live - so u can compromise on that too

i hope with these compromises u can narrow down on some car easily
Old 19th February 2008, 11:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
like every one said, you need to compromise on some of your requirements. it makes sense to look at ur requirements and see which one can be compromised

FE - given your low driving per month - there is no significant difference if u go for a car with 2-3kmpl lower mileage also
price- i dont think many compromise on that
GC - a few 10mms here or there is not a big concern.
alloys, PS,sexy looks , AC- looks is subjective - dont compromise on PS, AC . but alloys u can do without - maybe once u get a salary hike u can upgrade
boot space - do u really need 500lits is the question. do u undertake long trips regularly ? doesnt look it bcos u say u drive in a 50km radius from where u live - so u can compromise on that too

i hope with these compromises u can narrow down on some car easily
After reading your comment, I got a car picture in my mind... That is 'Aveo-U-VA"....I will wait for new 2008 aveo....
Old 19th February 2008, 11:42   #35
BHPian

Go for Fusion D. It has the ground clearance, FE and boot space you are looking for but will be above your budget. Getz D is another option. You can go for pertol variants if your usage is going to be aroung 30-40 kms a day.
Old 19th February 2008, 16:13   #36
BHPian

joshdrive, lamborghini, Fusion D, good one....but above 5 lac which is impossible for me ......and about getz, Ground clearance is 160 mm ? which is less then my old swift.
Old 19th February 2008, 16:18   #37
Team-BHP Support

Thats what this thread has become.

you cannot get a car that matches this particular set of constraints
period
Old 19th February 2008, 17:11   #38
BHPian

How much is an ST bus?

Ground clearance - Hah!
Fe - Just fill up at the govt. fuel depot, they don't charge buses for it.
Boot Space - whatever you want it to be, and you can fit your whole family in it too ;-)
Alloys, a/c, pwsteerng, Looks - OK. You miiiiiight have to ignore that for a while, but I'm sure you could let it grow on you...

Just my 1/2anna..
Old 19th February 2008, 20:33   #39
BHPian

bblost, aveek, .....Right now I'm settled between TATA Indigo CS GLS and Aveo-U-VA. any comment on that?
Old 19th February 2008, 21:13   #40
BHPian

I see so many complaints about the Endeavour here but still "The best cars on India roads" thread here in this forum has Endeavours mentioned many times on almost all the 35+ pages on that thread
Old 21st February 2008, 09:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

man, deadman, why dont you think of an used SX4 ? has most of what you are looking for, right ?
Old 21st February 2008, 09:25   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
man, deadman, why dont you think of an used SX4 ? has most of what you are looking for, right ?
I like it for sure!!!.....But bad news is Very hard to get it in my area....( from udupi - mangalore )
Old 21st February 2008, 09:33   #43
Team-BHP Support

The title of the thread and the progress of the thread so far reminds of the quote from the famous Soup Nazi, in other words No Car For You!

Unfortunately, you are asking for features beyond your current budget, at least in the Indian scenerio. When you ask for features that is not usually expected in your budget segment, well, you won't find it.

Your next steps should be:
1) Raise the budget to fit your requirements.
2) Lower the requirements to fit the current budget.
3) Look at used cars that fit in your budget.

Unless you pick one of the above options, you will wait for a very long time. Basically, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
I like it for sure!!!.....But bad news is Very hard to get it in my area....( from udupi - mangalore )
Just noticed you are from my area, now I understand your high GC requirement. I had to switch from Baleno to a SUV after a very loooong search.

Last edited by Samurai : 21st February 2008 at 09:35.
Old 21st February 2008, 09:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Just noticed you are from my area, now I understand your high GC requirement. I had to switch from Baleno to a SUV after a very loooong search.
I shifted from mumbai to here about 15km from udupi... at first i had swift, after driving it for about 10-11 month i found the problem, that is we need good ground clearance. Swift had 170mm so I'm doing so much research. found only one so far....that is Aveo U-VA.....this one having 188mm ground clearance, plus good space inside... In that problem is we don't have service center over here...only TATA and Maruti is here in udupi. I think i have to drive my car to mangalore to service this car (if i buy it) ....
Old 21st February 2008, 09:51   #45
Team-BHP Support

Don't forget Hyundai showroom which is within half KM of both Maruti and Tata showroom.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks