Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 10:49   #16
BHPian

we have a getz 1.3 in chennai.its damn spacious that could be compared with sedans(accent/ikon).Hyundais service in chennai is also pretty decent.With maintenece,i have spent nothing other than regular service and change of engine oils.Mileage is around 10-12 with a/c in chennai teaffic and on highways you can expect around 13-15 wit a/c.If you decide for a petrol car and if you can extend your budget a bit, getz would be worth the deal.
Old 11th April 2008, 12:41   #17
agm
BHPian

I got my Swift VDi yesterday,done around 70-80 odd Km,and really liked the car.before going for this one i TDrove almost every car U-VA,getz 1.1-1.3,palio mjd,i10...and trust me mate being honest here i liked palio to be the best amongst all the cars...i almost finalised palio mjd but then here fiat/tata service is pathetic to say the least,if you are looking for a diesel then i would suggest to TD palio mjd and i m pretty sure you are going to like it,or if petrol then getz 1.3,dont even think of 1.1 that car is seriously under powered especially with full load and you climbing that car starts crying,at the same time in such scenario A/c is just zero,please dont come hard at me i wrote what i felt with my cousin and friends car.

thanks
Old 11th April 2008, 15:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post

Here are my normal usage patterns.
1)My monthly usage will be about 1,000 kms.
2)Usage will mostly be restricted to city with an occasional drive on to the East Coast Road for about 60 to 100 kms up & down (maybe once a week)
3)I’m a very conservative driver & rarely exceed 80 or 100 kmph. I also don’t rev the engine beyond 3000 rpm. I have a smooth driving style & always accelerate & decelerate smoothly.

My requirements:
1)I want a car that is fuel efficient & economical to use.
2)I plant to keep the car for 4 to 5 years.
3)Decent interior space – shouldn’t be too cramped. Should at least be on par with the Fiat Palio.
4)Good resale value – not too much of a constraint though as I intend keeping the car for 4 to 5 years.
5)Petrol or Diesel?
For your running you should go for a petrol.

For your requirements (1), (2) & (4) Swift, i10 and Getz 1.1 fits perfectly.
For requirement (3) - everything fails except Getz 1.1
Plus Getz gives you a better ride and peaceful 5 years (being rattle free).

Recommend Getz.
Old 11th April 2008, 20:41   #19
BHPian

Thanks an10, agm & sathya for your replies.

I've decided to go for the Getz Prime 1.3 GLS. I felt 1.1 was underpowered & the AC was the deciding factor. Could hardly feel the AC effect in the 1.1. Hope to get my car in 10 days. Finalizing the finance part. Will post pictures after I get it.

regards

Krishnan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks