Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 02:06   #1
BHPian

Getz 1.3 Gls vs Swift Zxi.

Thanks to member of Team bhp for helping me get an i10 for my dad in march. Now I need a car for myself I will buy it in another month as this time around, I want to do complete full and final research before going for it. I10 Magna we bought in hurry but we dont regret buying it in anyway.

For myself I have already shortlisted three models between Getz and Swift. But have been very confused lately. I was never so confused while buying i10. Please help me out guys.

1. Getz 1.3 GLS : Rs.5,17,462/-
Getz 1.3 GLS has all that I need in a car, the pricing is a high though.

2. Swift Zxi : Rs.5,62,413/
Swift Zxi Fully loaded model has more than what i need in a car with ABS, automatic airconditioning its thumbs up.
So the Difference between both the cars is of around 50K Which I really dont mind spending as I have to buy car like once in so many years.

But then here is the glitch!
3. Swift Vxi : Rs.4,73,639/-
Thats like woaaa Cheap. Though Stuff i dont get here that i would deeply regret not having is rear defogger and wiper.
Now i need to know is there anything more that am missing out on Swift VXI? I dont care about alloys, Music system, tyres, Have to get all of these aftermarket as it is. I dont care about ABS too. I am more bothered about stuff like Tachometer and all. and can i get optional rear deffoger and rear wiper on swift vxi from company itself?

Thanks guys. Have been going through other threads too but they dont quite help me or my prefrences. Kindly dont lock this thread. Please start pouring in advice and opinions. I reaalllly need you guys now. As this time its about me "My Car".

I havent added Fiat palio and Uva in my list as personally I dont like Palio's petrol version much and same goes for looks of Uva. (Though I love SRV's looks.) But its not a financial sound decision as far as fuel economy and resale is concerned.

Last edited by somebodystopme : 2nd May 2008 at 02:10.
Old 2nd May 2008, 08:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

these are some pros and cons -

swift -
nice revving engine
fun to drive
good handling
cheap quality interiors
lots of rattles

getz -
more torque therefore better at low revs. (could also be said better for city driving)
more space
better finished interiors (dont know about the ugly wood panel they give now)
better ride
handling not very far behind the swift
Old 2nd May 2008, 09:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

I'd vote for the getz. Its got more space, rides better, and personally dont like the all black interiors of the swift and the 'dead feeling' of the EPS.

I'm sure you would get some good discounts for your second hyundai. Negotiate with the dealer.

Please do take a test drive of the U-Va too. Its a really good car IMO. Looks GREAT in BLACK.

Last edited by gemithomas : 2nd May 2008 at 09:54.
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I'd vote for the getz. Its got more space, rides better, and personally dont like the all black interiors of the swift and the 'dead feeling' of the EPS.

I'm sure you would get some good discounts for your second hyundai. Negotiate with the dealer.

Please do take a test drive of the U-Va too. Its a really good car IMO. Looks GREAT in BLACK.
Thanks gemi I have heard that swift has better mileage than getz. I have EPS in i10 I dont mind driving with it. Infact, I drove a old getz of my friend & found the steering too hard.
Okay i'll visit chevy showroom too. Thanks for your advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
these are some pros and cons -

swift -
nice revving engine
fun to drive
good handling
cheap quality interiors
lots of rattles

getz -
more torque therefore better at low revs. (could also be said better for city driving)
more space
better finished interiors (dont know about the ugly wood panel they give now)
better ride
handling not very far behind the swift
I dont know abt lot of rattle issue of swift. Please put more light on it. but i do know about its interior quality. Infact this is a missconception most people have. Swift interiors are same as getz and in some ways even better.

Thanks guys for your reply. But the question that i asked hasnt been answered yet. I want to make one thing clear that I am not confused between swift and getz. I am confused between what model to buy. Persnally I am okay with both the cars. Its just the model.
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

A getz 1.3 GLS from my end,though a little costly but wont regrette the decesion,great driving pleasure + feels like a sedan,lots of goodies and the smoothest gear shifts of all and better heighted seats
Old 2nd May 2008, 22:26   #6
BHPian

I just read somewhere that getz will be phased out soon with release of i20. Is this true?
Old 2nd May 2008, 22:30   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's note: There are quite some Getz vs Swift threads around. Please search for those as this topic doesnt warrant another new thread.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks