Team-BHP - Wagon R Or Hyundai Getz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Wagon R Or Hyundai Getz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/3988-wagon-r-hyundai-getz.html)

Hello ...people... as i am plannin to sell of my m- 800
i am looking forward buy a new one
my budget is 5 lacs
which are the other possibilities... other than the wagon-R and getz

is the new wagon- r euro III out with srs bags and abs?

Wad Do YOull
Suggest Wagon-R or Getz ?
or is there any other car which would fit my budget... ( Not Planning to buy a Second hand)

Please post your suggestions
Regards

choices are good for sure. if u can get a getz its a gr8 buy. plus of the getz are that its new i guess its bigger than most hatches. looks good in red white and black. its a hyundai and we all know how good they are in india right. it is the best small car i think in the uk for 2 yrs. engine dont think will have issues till 5 yrs or 100000 kms. i guess that covers it. wagor R is good though way to dated. no juice at all

Quote:

i am looking forward buy a new one
my budget is 5 lacs
Would you be able to get a new Getz for this price? I don't think so.

if u getting the getz at this price then go for it without a second thought otherwise than go for a wagonR rather than going for the santro . i have a wagonR which has clocked 65k on the odo and in rough use and has not given me any major issue .....
hey why dont u try for an esteem its a value for money car and also an up segment car than getz and wagonR

Even I would suggest you to go for the Getz, its a great car with lots of space, decent performance and good looks too.

Wait till May, witnh the swift out, there will be a lot of price matching !

Go for the Getz. The GLS and GTX are available with 3 years interest free loan or 32000 cash off in chandigarh/Punjab. Dont know wether such offers are there in mumbai? Recently bought a getz back home and it is probable the only hatch after indica where i can sit behind a tall driver. Interior space is more than the accent/esteem with only the boot not there. If you are willing to put in another 1lac you could check out the fusion though the handling of getz is much better than fusion according to autocar.

Overall Getz is a great buy, even without the ABS model.

i suggest you wait for the swift which will be launched very soon .after that u have the option of choosing between the getz and the swift which will be similar except that the swift will also have the 1.6l engine.
i think the wagon r and the getz are totally differnt cars.u xcan get the wagon r without abs and air bags in E-3 at about 4.5 lacs in mumbai.the getz version higher than the base but lower than the top end costs about 5.20 lacs .

the swift may see a further reduction of prices of the getz.
so why dont you wait.

and if you are really desperate ,then i vote for the wagon -r vxi without air bags but all other goodies

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Go for the Getz. The GLS and GTX are available with 3 years interest free loan or 32000 cash off in chandigarh/Punjab. Dont know wether such offers are there in mumbai? Recently bought a getz back home and it is probable the only hatch after indica where i can sit behind a tall driver. Interior space is more than the accent/esteem with only the boot not there. If you are willing to put in another 1lac you could check out the fusion though the handling of getz is much better than fusion according to autocar.

Overall Getz is a great buy, even without the ABS model.

I think you have mistaken in the handling part, fusion handles much better than Getz and also ACI gave an award for Fusion as BEST DRIVER'S CAR.

Palio, or even Petra??? A little too risky, but I'm sure many other members will recommend one.......

Getz is an excellent bet, Its a very rounded package, the safe choice.

I think the lowest version of the 1.3 Ikon is avalible on the road for a little over 5 lakhs.

Dont consider the Wagon-R, its outdated.

Hey, just remembered, how about waiting a little for the Swift? That promises to be a good package.

hey ppl 5 lacs as in ... 5-6 i could chip of thousands to get the best variant of getz o something ... budget can be flexed a little though... well i think getzz .....can b a good option...keep it comin

If you are fanatic about resale value, ignore rest of the post.

I read somewhere else that we can now recommend Fiat products, future doesn't seem all bleak now :) So, let me recommend Petra. (I own one if you have any doubts if I am out of my mind). It rocks.

Getz, Wangon-R and all those are just no match. Test drive Getz and Petra both. You should be able to quickly make a decision.

From the choice given,

i'd pick up the getz, the wagon r although with airbags n abs is narrow n outdated.
Whereas in the getz 5 people can sit in reasonable comfort but the same thing in the wagon r will make things too intimate for comfort for the people sitting in the back because of its narrow width.
Overall, getz is a much better more modern car, and with hyundai you get really good after sales service as well.

Drifter

And in given choices, I'll vote for Getz.

Cheatingdeath, i would like to warn you about buying Getz.
I have read several reviews on Mouthshut.com and other websites by people who have bought this car.
And the reviews aren't any good. One of the Major problems with Getz is its AC. Come summer, and you will know what i mean to say. There is going to be a huge uproar about its AC which takes ages to cool and is way too bad even compared to Santro's AC.
2nd point is about its Boring engine. Though the gearshift is great, the engine is the same old boring Accent one, and with that much weight, the car is too sluggish.

A WagonR would be a good value for money. I own one, and i manage to leave everybody behing (except skodas and ikons) on signals, and the car is very peppy and practical for a tall guy like me. Dont be concerned about its bad exterior looks (dabba thing). Get inside it and just turn your head upwards, you will learn the meaning of "space". Santro is too low in height compared to WagonR and its a Korean engine so its sucks big time anyway.

WagonR with ABS+AIRBAGS is a good combination of FE+Performance+Saftey+VFM..
go for it...
or else look for a Ford Ikon or Tata Indigo.

cheers