Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:12   #16
BHPian

Can anyone really confirm if the new fiesta is coming out in june? I was going to book mine today evening, i don't know if i should wait or not. Ford is giving massive cash discount on fiesta till may end, they have also stopped delivering fresh stock to dealers till june. So this might all be a prelude to the new version.
If I order right now i'll save about 30k cash discount and 15k loyalty benefit. Will the new car be worth more than this? I'm really confused!
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'll tell you what you should do; buy a used Palio 1.6. They go cheap, and I much prefer the older 1.6's to the newer. The Palio 1.6 fetches anywhere between 1.5 - 2.5 lakhs in the second hand bazaar. Think about it.....you are paying 30 - 50% for a car which still has about 80% of its useful life ahead.

Soup it up a bit, high revv her and have a blast. When you get married, buy a new sedan.
Good suggestion GTO! I am giving it serious thought. I think I agree with you that
1. A used palio makes more sense than a new one
2. And I liked the old palio more than the new stile

But I have just sold a car that I bought second hand and I spent a fortune and a lot of time visiting workshops and keeping it running over the last few months(The good thing is that I learnt a bit about cars in general and what's under the hood). Unfortunately I hadn't come across team-bhp when I bought it two years ago otherwise I would've known a lot more about buying a used car.

That was the first car I bought from my own money. I have never owned a new car(We've had new cars in the family but something just for myself) so it will be nice to get a new car and pamper myself a bit.

So now I'm narrowing my choice down to the following
1. A used GTX in good condition (if I can find one in good condition. And I have about a month to look for it till the upgraded fiesta comes out)
2. A brand new fiesta (The car feels just like home and something I could keep for a reasonable amount of time.)

Quote:
Your wife will do the talking then.
Lol! OT but I'm madly in love with someone and I taught her how to drive and now if we ever meet she does the driving and I only get to sit on the passenger side holding the handle above the seat with one hand. So it's already started
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsinghal View Post
Can anyone really confirm if the new fiesta is coming out in june? I was going to book mine today evening, i don't know if i should wait or not. Ford is giving massive cash discount on fiesta till may end, they have also stopped delivering fresh stock to dealers till june. So this might all be a prelude to the new version.
If I order right now i'll save about 30k cash discount and 15k loyalty benefit. Will the new car be worth more than this? I'm really confused!

You can have a look at this thread where there is more detailed discussion on this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...acelift-7.html

I'd suggest you wait till first week of June. If a dealer has an old fiesta in stock you might get even a bigger discount or you could buy a newer version though it's likely to be slightly more expensive than right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi
I too find the S10 Model of the Palio 1.6 a lot better looking than the current Stiles.
BTW, are you sure the Fiesta is coming with a new version as soon as June? If so, it may be worth waiting.
From what I've heard it's not the new fiesta that is sold in Europe but the same car with slight changes in the exteriors and the interiors. Maybe some superficial add-ons to match the sx4.
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:01   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Sooper Suggestion GTO!! Reminds me of what I had done... had bought an M800, my wife had a Zen, got married, sold both, moved on to a Safari!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
Good suggestion GTO! I am giving it serious thought. I think I agree with you that
1. A used palio makes more sense than a new one
Another reason why this makes sense is that someone else takes the depreciation hit. If you buy a new Palio 1.6, in 3 years you will stand to lose about 3 lakh rupees. Remember....Resale Value is the silent killer (Click for Ajmat's awesome thread (Resale Value - The Killer opportunity).
Old 23rd May 2008, 19:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Another reason why this makes sense is that someone else takes the depreciation hit. If you buy a new Palio 1.6, in 3 years you will stand to lose about 3 lakh rupees. Remember....Resale Value is the silent killer (Click for Ajmat's awesome thread (Resale Value - The Killer opportunity).
Thanks GTO this thread was useful and practical too.

But I've just gotten out of a bad experience with a second hand car so I'm not feeling very comfortable going for another one. I want my car to be as close to perfect as possible. It would be great to buy an S10 and restore it to near brand new condition but time is always shrinking and the demands of a tough IT job in a fast paced(not traffic wise) city mean I cannot spare much time on this right now.

High revving and driving pleasure is fine but I wont be able to do justice to the car and give it the attention it deserves. So I'm back to where I started from.

The logical choice seems to be to go for the fiesta. And I think I will stick to it. Now I think things are getting clearer but not quite. I got a call today from the ford dealer. They are willing to give me 35-40K discount.

Now the question is should I buy a fiesta with 40k discount knowing that a new model is around the corner? I don't think there will be any discounts on the new one, at least for some time. If it's a superficial facelift of the exteriors I wouldn't care much but although unlikely what if they are making a major change

And it's coming in the 3rd week of June so that's still some time to go .
Old 24th May 2008, 10:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I'll tell you what you should do; buy a used Palio 1.6. They go cheap, and I much prefer the older 1.6's to the newer. The Palio 1.6 fetches anywhere between 1.5 - 2.5 lakhs in the second hand bazaar. Think about it.....you are paying 30 - 50% for a car which still has about 80% of its useful life ahead.

Soup it up a bit, high revv her and have a blast. When you get married, buy a new sedan. Your wife will do the talking then.
That is indeed a sensible choice to go over a used Palio 1.6. But as you too are a mumbaite, you know how hard is to find a well maintained Palio 1.6, be it at the used car dealers or someone you know!

I myself in a look out for a used Palio 1.6 Sports but unable to find a good one :( The Dealers when asked sell at a exorbitant rates, which does not justify the value of the car w.r.t the model, year, and maintained condition!

But the search is still on....hoping a good Palio will land up in my hands someday soon

Truly going for a second hand car is something I too agree, if you are more of a driver who wants pleasure from the car in terms of driving...and let the car drive you!

In the end its one owns choice...is respected!

Cheers~
Old 24th May 2008, 13:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
That is indeed a sensible choice to go over a used Palio 1.6. But as you too are a mumbaite, you know how hard is to find a well maintained Palio 1.6, be it at the used car dealers or someone you know!
Same is the case here in Delhi. Very difficult to find a good car. I spent a lot of time yesterday calling up people who had listed their cars on car websites and even went to a couple of dealers. The dealer network in south delhi is so well connected that I went to a couple of dealers in different places and they both showed me the same car.

Quote:
But the search is still on....hoping a good Palio will land up in my hands someday soon
All the best to you in finding your machine.
Old 24th May 2008, 14:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Truly going for a second hand car is something I too agree, if you are more of a driver who wants pleasure from the car in terms of driving...and let the car drive you!

In the end its one owns choice...is respected!

Cheers~
Edit: Thats only in case for Palio 1.6

Cheers~
Old 24th May 2008, 18:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Edit: Thats only in case for Palio 1.6

Cheers~
I was only looking for a palio 1.6. For what other car you think multiple dealers will only have 1 car to show
Old 24th May 2008, 23:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Zuch,

I am around your height and drive an SX4. The driver's seat is height adjustable and as you sit high in the car, the visibility is ok except while reversing( you can go in for sensors). The car is well built and please do not arrive at a conclusion based on the condition of the TD cars which are abused day in and day out. Moreover a lot of comments about the SX4's quality are by people who do not own the vehicle. All the owners I know( close to 10) are pretty satisfied with the car. Pity you have old your car or you could have availed of the SX4 anniversary exchane offer.
Old 25th May 2008, 00:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Zuch,

I am around your height and drive an SX4. The driver's seat is height adjustable and as you sit high in the car, the visibility is ok except while reversing( you can go in for sensors). The car is well built and please do not arrive at a conclusion based on the condition of the TD cars which are abused day in and day out. Moreover a lot of comments about the SX4's quality are by people who do not own the vehicle. All the owners I know( close to 10) are pretty satisfied with the car. Pity you have old your car or you could have availed of the SX4 anniversary exchane offer.

Rajneeesh,

I was seriously considering the sx4 till some time back. I am aware that they are offering a 25K exchange bonus. Even got my car evaluated by maruti just to see how much they offer. I tried two showrooms and they both offered me about 12,000 - 15,000 less than what the ford dealer was giving me. So effectively it was just a bonus of 10,000 which they give anyhow.

I have nothing in particular against the sx4. Since my first post I have taken another test drive and this time the test car was in much better shape. I am just inclined towards the fiesta due to personal preference.
Old 25th May 2008, 17:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have TD'd the sx4 but I found too many small glitches that I could not ignore. The EPS seemed a little unreliable and I thought it favored a certain direction.
Thank you! Finally, someone that thinks like me! I totally agree with you on that and let me tell you it's not limited to TD cars.

Though I haven't driven the Fiesta, I understand it's a brilliant driver's car. Why not wait for a month or so for the new Fiesta.
Old 26th May 2008, 12:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Thank you! Finally, someone that thinks like me! I totally agree with you on that and let me tell you it's not limited to TD cars.
The sx4 has been discussed at length all around the forum. My impression was based on my observations and I still think the car is great value for money and I can see how it will make sense to a lot of people. For me the fiesta clicked more than the sx4 did.

About the EPS I really don't know what to compare it with since I've never owned a car that has an EPS. I'm used to the hydraulic power steerings of the santro and the accent. But during a couple of TDs both times I was a little unnerved with the light steering, maybe it's a question of getting used to it. One TD car definitely had uneven feedback, the other one felt more consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Though I haven't driven the Fiesta, I understand it's a brilliant driver's car. Why not wait for a month or so for the new Fiesta.
Yes I am eagerly awaiting the upgraded fiesta. In the meantime I am also looking for a used palio 1.6 if I can find one in good condition.
Old 26th May 2008, 14:40   #29
BHPian

Bro,
Wait for the New Fiesta even if it is minor facelift. It may not bother you now. But once you get the car. And say after a Year you see someone else who bought the new fiesta around the same time you did. You will ask yourself Why I didnt wait. Moreover it will definately affect the resale value of the car.

Same happened to me when MPFI esteem launched in 1998. And I had already bought the older one few months back as I could wait to get my hands on the car.
Robin
Old 27th May 2008, 10:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I was only looking for a palio 1.6. For what other car you think multiple dealers will only have 1 car to show
Aey Aey Sir

What I found is the facelift for the Fiesta is average, also the advent of Mahindra – Renault Logan affected the legacy of Fiesta significantly. The new Fiesta has to be aggressively priced since an equally competitive car Mahindra - Renault Logan is available at very cheap price.

The main change of Fiesta 2008 is design of the front and intern. Inside also the new Fiesta it is only the cosmetic changes done.

“As the idea it was to renew the car without investing in such a way, we concentrate our attention in the front”, said Luciola Almeida, manager of product of the Ford.

(Not to delude your views on ur love for new Fiesta but just my 2 cents)

Thanks and Good luck for your Palio finding too...

Cheers~

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks