Maruti A.S.S
Bigger Engine
Oomph factor of swift
Be a member of big swift fan club
Old 25th May 2008, 03:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
looking at this thread one post is from 2007, another from 2008 and another from 2006. I am assuming the car is bought by now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I guess he has checked the Join Date of the Members
That was a good one
Old 25th May 2008, 17:04   #18
BHPian

Cartech, the Swift isn't the best built...sure. But the rattles should not be reason enough to avoid the car altogether!! I'd choose a Swift over the 1.2 Fabia 10 times out of 10.
Old 26th May 2008, 15:12   #19
BHPian

@hydra how were you able to fix rattles in your swift. How much did the whole procedure cost you? What was the cause of rattling.
Old 27th May 2008, 09:44   #20
BHPian

Hey Guys
Yesterday i saw an ad in Hindustan Times. Swift's anniversary celebration. Swift now comes with ABS, EBD and 2 Airbags, Also it has in-dash CD changer and steering mounted audio controls now.
Pls check out at the dealer to confirm this. If this is at a good price tag, Fabia is killed.
About the rattles i can say that if you play a stereo in your car then you won't hear any rattles.I believe everyone wants to listen to music in the car. fabia is grossly overpriced and the after sales is no where around Maruti. My Wagon-E had a paint blistering problem on the spoiler. It was changed free of cost for me, painted by Maruti itself.Also they gave me Wagon-R 16 Valve MPFI door stickers - MGP worth Rs 1600 as a goodwill gesture. All i did was fill the after service report properly.
Old 28th May 2008, 17:03   #21

[quote=zoom_vroom;843816]Hey Guys
Yesterday i saw an ad in Hindustan Times. Swift's anniversary celebration. Swift now comes with ABS, EBD and 2 Airbags, Also it has in-dash CD changer and steering mounted audio controls now.
quote]

brotha,

You sure you saw something like that...may be I need to check for something similar in TOI. Although, I guess the only addition here is the steering mounted audio controls... rest everything was already there in the ZXI.. !!
Old 28th May 2008, 22:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Hey Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnujJain View Post
brotha,

You sure you saw something like that...may be I need to check for something similar in TOI. Although, I guess the only addition here is the steering mounted audio controls... rest everything was already there in the ZXI.. !!
I think the new ZXi has steering mounted audio controls.
Old 28th May 2008, 23:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Hey Guys
Pls check out at the dealer to confirm this. If this is at a good price tag, Fabia is killed.
About the rattles i can say that if you play a stereo in your car then you won't hear any rattles.I believe everyone wants to listen to music in the car. fabia is grossly overpriced and the after sales is no where around Maruti. My Wagon-E had a paint blistering problem on the spoiler. It was changed free of cost for me, painted by Maruti itself.Also they gave me Wagon-R 16 Valve MPFI door stickers - MGP worth Rs 1600 as a goodwill gesture. All i did was fill the after service report properly.

This ad just refers to the 2008 Swift ZXI, nothing new!
Old 29th May 2008, 19:02   #24
BHPian

Tilt Steering for Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
The Swift gets a Tilt steering also along with the indash CD changer and steering mounted audio controls.

Swift ZXI din't come with an audio system earlier.
Old 29th May 2008, 21:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs
Exactly. That's the way companies advertise their products, especially car companies (oof, we should all know this by now). They highlight the best features with a * on it. The * means - available only in ZXi/ZDi, or something like that. This fools people (but not T-Bhpians) into thinking all variants carry the same features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa
Swift ZXI din't come with an audio system earlier.
Really? So the steering mounted controls were there to control what? Of course the ZXi has always come with a pre-installed audio system.

To get back to cartech's question, please go ahead and book the ZXi, and don't worry about the rattles. I don't think they exist anymore, at least it does not in my year-old VXi. And, what's the waiting period they are quoting?
Old 29th May 2008, 21:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really? So the steering mounted controls were there to control what? Of course the ZXi has always come with a pre-installed audio system.
Yes, The ZXi only came with stereo & Steering control when The Swift range was renewed with Clear lens tail lamps & Internal dash clock. The previous ZXi did not sport a stereo
Old 5th June 2008, 14:34   #27
BHPian

Cartech, I owned a Swift ZXi for a year then sold it and had to downgrade for some reasons to Swift Vxi which am owning for the past 2 months, and what is that rattles you are speaking of? I don't know, there was absolutely no rattling in my previous Zxi as well as in my Vxi now, my house is located in a place where I need to take it on rough roads for 2 kms and the car takes me without any fuss, Swift rocks but doens' rattle
Fabia is definetly overpriced and I didn't like the looks compared to Swift, so when it comes to owning a car it's defiently Swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks