Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2008, 22:33   #1

aveo uva 2008?

Hi Friends,

After a very detailed research, i almost selected aveo uva as my first car. But some one told me, wait! the new uva is coming in 2008. and i got some pictures too!
http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmthehe...veo-u-va-2008/

Any one has any idea about this car? is it new uve exactly? expected when? and price?

Thanks a lot.
Old 9th June 2008, 09:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

John , We are hoping to see the New UVA soon on our roads. There is no info from GM about launch date. Im guessing it should be priced around the same level. One good thing would be that it might get the 1.3 MJD in it the same doing duty in Swift & Palio . Surpirsed GM hasnt launched a model for quite sometime. They seem to be trying to set up A** first.
Old 9th June 2008, 10:14   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

sjohn,
IMHO, unless you really need to buy the current Aveo UVA due to timing considerations, wait for the revised 2008 one. It looks stunning and if it comes with the 1.3MJD..........!!!
Old 9th June 2008, 11:19   #4

Thanks friends... actually i was planning to buy it within one month. or else i can wait untill novermber at most (need to get this before i get married ) Seeing the picture i think it worths waiting. Do you think it will role out before november? will it be same as the one abroad - as seen in picture? and is it a new modal or gonna upgrade the existing UVA?

Thanks a lot
s.John
Old 9th June 2008, 13:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjohn View Post
Thanks friends... actually i was planning to buy it within one month. or else i can wait untill novermber at most (need to get this before i get married ) Seeing the picture i think it worths waiting. Do you think it will role out before november? will it be same as the one abroad - as seen in picture? and is it a new modal or gonna upgrade the existing UVA?

Thanks a lot
s.John
John, We should surely get the same facelift as posted in the pics.
GM is quite tight lipped about any new launches or Facelifts so there is no concrete info on the launch date. Aveo sedan is also expected to get the 1.3 MJD. Hopefully by this year end they get the diesel in hatchback & sedan.
Old 17th June 2008, 19:08   #6

I cnfrmd this with the showroom guys that this will get released only in 2009 - i cant wait till :(

Any one there to support me if i purchase AVEO UVA now, disregarding those upgradtion coming in next 6 months? Or should i go for another car? - that is SWIFT.
Old 17th June 2008, 21:05   #7
BHPian

hey hey!!! wait a sec
I cudnt get that..just because you have an upgrade coming sometime in future of your favorite car makes it all the more undesirable? I am not comparing any cars over here, but I believe that your decision of buying Aveo UVA over other cars currently present in the market were based on some criteria which still holds good.. just rethink...I guess that will clear out your doubts..

PS: I didnt mean to confuse you.
Old 17th June 2008, 21:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for spacious hatch, its UVA. There may be some cosmetic changes in the next launch but I dont think it would be much different than the current one. But, there was talk on Diesel UVA shortly. Again this may just end up like usual rumour.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:00   #9
BHPian

You will find many many supporters for a SWIFT.
But you have to consider your needs. Is it going to be just you and your wifey-to-be travelling or will there be family members.
Dont mind swift is a great car.. but U-VA is definitely more spacious..I am personally a UVA owner.. so i can tell from experience..Of course Swift has that speed and zing in it but UVA is definitely a great ride too.Very comfortable.

So go through the posts here and check whats important for your needs.As Mjothi said there will probably just be cosmetic changes.or maybe a 1.3 engine upgrade but consider the case of hyundai getz 1.3 or 1.1 car .experts suggest the 1.1 over the 1.3 for better VFM. so consider the pros and cons with your future needs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks