Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 01:00   #1
BHPian

Please help me choose between Swift and Getz Diesel

Hi guys,

I'm looking forward to upgrading my existing M800 to a hot hatch. I really love travelling places and hence highway travelling is one of my top concerns. I've shortlisted Swift and Getz Diesel. Please help me finalize.

This topic has been widely discussed and I've almost read all the threads regarding the same. The answers are subjective and I need help from you guys in making my decision based on my priorities.

I've driven my friends swift vdi extensively while I could get to TD a Getz CRDi. Although, I got a feel of the car in a petrol version and to get the feel of the engine I TDed Verna Crdi. Noticeable major differences IMO are

1. Engine wise: Swift diesel feels more refined but in Verna I could feel the acceleration right after 1.8 K till the red line however in Swift the engine dies after 3.5K.

2. Space wise: Getz is so much better. Just wish something could be done with the wood paneling.

Things said time and again

1. Performance : Getz with 110 bhp and 24kgm wins hands down over Swift
2. Handling : Swift is better but Getz is not bad either
3. Space and comfort : Getz is one up
4. FE : Not a concern
5. Build Quality : Again swift can't stand up
6. Braking : ?? Please let me know about the braking in Getz

Things I'm unsure about
1. Longetivity of Getz. I am looking to keep the car for 4 yrs (1,00,000 kms)
2. I'm looking for a car which is very good for highways. I'd doing highway trips quite often and is one of the major concerns. Is Getz better for highways.
3. How's the AC of Getz.
Is it effective in sweltering Delhi heat in noon?
I'm more inclined towards Getz Crdi. People in Faridabad, Noida please let me know about the best deals and reliable Hyundai showroom. Heard many stories about customer cars being used as TD cars.

4. What sort of freebies and discounts can be bargained for in case of Getz?

5. How long is the waiting period?

6. Should I take the plunge without TDing actual vehicle and is there specific advantage of getting Swift.

7. Do you think it would be worthwhile to wait for Punto or Jazz.

In normal scenario, I'd be booking Getz by the end of next week. Please suggest to help me finalize and feel free to write anything that comes to your mind.

Thanks a lot
Naman
Old 13th June 2008, 01:18   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's note: Thread Closed. Please use the search function for similar topics that have been discussed before.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks