Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2008, 14:21   #1

ZEN ESTILO Vxi for3.40 lacs with insurance. Opinion?

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time out to format your posts correctly. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users. Also, do avoid using excessive dots.......like.........this......

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

hey all,
how is the deal for Zen ESTILO Vxi, 3.40 lacs w insurance....... reasle not on the mind..... family of 4... usage between average and low.....
the looks part is quite subjective but we are kind of ok with them....... main reason for me asking this question is because the estilo VXI is reallly turning out to be a value for money option with the kind of features offered ....... agreeed that it does have a reallly bad gearbox but i think thats a problem with most of the suzukis around............ pitch in guys as to wat u think....... and yes this is going to be our first car so maruti A.S.S is also a big advantage ......
THANKS...... my first post so, MODS excuse me for the initial mistakes

Last edited by GTO : 16th June 2008 at 10:47.
Old 15th June 2008, 15:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

Is it a new car or second hand?

A new Zen Estilo costs only 3.4 lakhs with insurance? What are the discounts you are getting? The price sounds real sweet!
Old 15th June 2008, 15:53   #3

BRAND new...... getting 35000 direct cash discount + 2000 corporate...... it really compells me because we need a city car (90 % city running), power steering is just a breeze and too many features ( all power windows + defogger + keyless entry + electrically adjustable mirrors etc etc)
Old 15th June 2008, 16:39   #4
BHPian

My opinion - don't buy it. It has the same issues as in the Wagon R - noisy engine, rubbery gear-shift, higher NVH levels and pulling power goes down with the AC on. The Spark at 3.6 lakhs OTR is a much better choice. Besides, Wagon R or the Estilo or both might be phased out once the Suzuki Splash is launched.
Old 15th June 2008, 19:52   #5
BHPian

Reasons for not buying Estilo: Looks, lack of power with AC (important for Chandigarh), Old Zen nostalgia

Reasons for:
Power windows+real defogger - important in cars with heavy AC use.

I agree with crazy driver. The price sounds very good indeed.

The brochure mentions ABS+airbags. Are they available?
Old 15th June 2008, 20:53   #6

Thanx for your views guys. well about the splash, no official word is out as to when its coming but if it does come, i dont think its going to fit my budget
ARE both of them ie. wagon r and estilo going to be phased out wen THE SPLASH does arrive
Now at the business end of it..... is the ESTILO worth buying especially taking into consideration the humangous discounts that are on offer.....
Old 16th June 2008, 10:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

I say go for a WagonR instead of the Estilo. It too is selling at similar discounts. I don't think its getting phased out anytime soon (till atleast next 1.5 years). Its selling well these days too.
Old 16th June 2008, 10:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

I would agree with DCEite. I just heard that there is ~40K discount (or price cut?) on WagonR in Bangalore.

Also look at other options available, say the ones from Hyundai. IMO, better choose the vehicle you like, than going for discount. After all "pehli gaadi hai"

Good luck
Old 16th June 2008, 10:47   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I say go for a WagonR instead of the Estilo.
Is there anything to choose between WagonR/ Estilo? I couldnt spot much differences except cosmetics!
Old 16th June 2008, 11:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is there anything to choose between WagonR/ Estilo? I couldnt spot much differences except cosmetics!
Allegedly its got worse handling and build quality than the WR.
Also, the boot space and headroom is lesser.

Besides that, i dont like the name Estilo
Old 16th June 2008, 17:25   #11

The discounts offered on the WR is around 30000 at the moment thus costing us around 3.52 lacks (Vxi). Well now we are just 20 k short for an I10 ERA
I think when comparing an I10 to a Wagon R or ESTILO, the I10 wins hands down !!

Wagon R is not very well liked in the family. and another point is we basically need a city car, car wont be on the highway much ( where estilo really struggles )

Took the test drive of the ESTILO a couple of days back, found the pickup acceptable with AC but then again i have just learnt to drive so maybe am not a very good judge of it, the gears i feel were notchy and the gearbox is a let down, fronts seats are quite comfortable, all in all a real VFM option i think

wats keeping us at bay from not buying an I10 is round about 40 k of cash is saved which is quite a thing and extra features are an add on.
Old 16th June 2008, 17:44   #12
BHPian

Disagree to this point.
The Zen and Esteem had great gearshifts. The M800 gearshift is not too bad as well. The SX4's gearshift is not butter smooth, but is sporty with short gear throws (or was it not smooth because the one I drove was a demo car?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitmahi View Post
agreeed that it does have a reallly bad gearbox but i think thats a problem with most of the suzukis around
Old 16th June 2008, 17:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

WagonR is better than estilo and there is huge discount going on for both. but i suggest Spark because its perfect City and highway car as well.

Estilo's drawbacks: Seats more cramped than WagonR and are not comfortable.
Estilo is selling just because of discounts. WagonR is selling because of brand name!, not smooth gearshift. not so nice interiors.
anyday WagonR is better than Estilo and Spark is better than WagonR and Santro. Seat design in Estilo is not good from which you get body pain. Resale value of WagonR wil be more anyday compared with Estilo and Spark. Except for resale value from which you might loose 15000/- Spark wins in all other department.

Positive point: Huge discount, MUL brand name in India (the way company is heading from last couple of years I feel they will start loosing market share very soon).

Spark has excellant space for 4 people, its boot is small but has excellant ride quality and decent FE (13 in city and 17 in highway) too. Chevrolet service promise is interesting as well, I guess still offer is going on. They way GM is acting is too good, They did lot of mistakes with pricing/features. They looked like they learnt and started moving with +ve things.

Visit GM showroom and see if Spark will suit your requirement, I suggest put 5 ltr petrol and have long Test drive to see which you like.

Check out i10 too it has got excellant interiors, but I didn't like its ride quality. Had they come up with better ride like Getz I would have baught i10 already. Among smal cars for city use I suggest Spark which is all rounder.

Test drive and see which you like and take a call!

All the best.

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 16th June 2008 at 18:02.
Old 16th June 2008, 18:33   #14
BHPian

If price is a constraint, I don't think you will get a better car at this price. Estilo VXi has a lot of goodies which you do not get at this price. Spark is good as well, but I am put off because of GM's pricing flip flops and *** after the initial 3 year period.
Old 16th June 2008, 19:10   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitmahi View Post
BRAND new...... getting 35000 direct cash discount + 2000 corporate...... it really compells me because we need a city car (90 % city running), power steering is just a breeze and too many features ( all power windows + defogger + keyless entry + electrically adjustable mirrors etc etc)

So they are clearing the inventory, We can expect spash any time now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks