Team-BHP - Which used (peppy) car ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Which used (peppy) car ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/4400-used-peppy-car.html)

hello everybody,
I posted my intro yesterday only although I joined long back (lurker !). This is going to be my first car and I'm a first timer for 4 wheeler. All the experience I have in driving a car is limited to driving my uncle's 800 in a town.
I'll be buying this on loan only as I didn't save a penny so far (Owned a RD 350 for some time :) ). I would like have a affordable zippy car and the first thing comes to my mind is Zen MPFi.
But I read on the forum that Alto VXi is also a very good car. Although I would like to own a Palio GTX , couldn't dare as I'm first timer.
Which one is better (performance and build wise ) Alto VXi or Zen MPFi ?

skid

alto 1.1 was a good car. but i think the alto vxi is availabe with the 800cc engine. So in this comparison the zen wins hands down. The zen is a little outdated though and the new looks may not go down well with everyone...i personally prefer the old look zen. The alto is more solidly built than the zen because its a generation ahead of the zen. But as far as performance is concerned...its the zen i'd take everytime in this comparision.

Drifter

Oh im sorry i just saw you were talking about a used car....
in that case...alto 1.1 vx is the one to go for.

Drifter

hey dude id advice the zen old look mpfi is the best choice its the best with performance,service,fe,ownership cost its a personal favourite take a test drive of both the cars and see whic suits u and ure budget bye
choose wisely...

i feel you should go for the zen vxi.... makes more sense ....mileage handling and with four adults seated more or less comfortably...... whereas in an alto the seating is really really cramped....performance wise its a marvel though with that 1.1 l engine....also till my knowledge permits alto vxi is not in prodn anymore...in that case the zen is better choice or otherwise go for a secondhand 5 sp 800

If your buget allows,go all out and get an Old Honda City.It does'nt really matter if it's a 1.3 or the Real McCoy VTEC.They're all great cars in their own right.If not,go for the Old shape Zen MPFi.The Alto's not even on the same planet.And Fiat's service is in another galaxy altogether.

the zen mpfi wins outright.
u could also look at the xing.

if FE is not a concern ,then you can look at the mpfi esteem which will be available at almost similar rates as the zen.with the esteem u will also have slightly more space inside alsong with boot space.

go for the mpfi esteem

yeah dude....
whose gonna be using the car....
only u.....
or family......
i would suggest the zen mpfi for speed......
but on space the esteem mpfi....
definately......
hope u make the right choice....
i bought the zen mpfi 5 months back.....
for myself.....
but after goin to pick my dad up once from the airport.....
i definitely thought i should i have bought an esteem.....

Dude go for the zen.
In that buget however get a palio 1.6 GTX.
Its only a bit tough in the firstfew days but as you get used to it, you will enjoy the car.
Its very good, both as a personal and family car.

Thanks guys for all those replies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloneljasi
If your buget allows,go all out and get an Old Honda City

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya
go for the mpfi esteem

Although I would like have any of those right decided not to go for a Sedan. Parking and wading through will be easier with a hatch. Also I have no whatsoever driving exp' in City like Hyd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoLyn
whose gonna be using the car..

I'll be using the car most of the time. Weekends will be with friends and cousins. So need a bit of space there.

I read on the forum that Alto (1.1) has better brakes and better suspension than zen. How do they compare performance wise ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
In that buget however get a palio 1.6 GTX.

I guess you are suggesting me to go for a GTX if possible. But do you think for first timer (to cars) is it advisable ?

skid

one thing about the gtx is its the mid range which really is strong. i drive my gtx very sedately at 2.5k rpm and it feels just like any other car. it svery mild mannered and docile.

but floor the throttle and let the revs hit 4k rpm... the car rockets forward. thatz when a new comer might have a scary moment. but as its said its all in your hands. if you are a responsible driver you should not have any problem with it.

its a lovely car. very solid and stable. awsome torque which makes city driving easy. and unlike the city it does not stall if you move the car at low revs.

about fe now i am getting around 12 in the city and 15+ consistently on the highway. i use speed.

you should get a good car for about 2.5L!!! imageine!!!

Thanks Harrie, but when I said for a first timer, I meant headaches with A.S.S of Fiat not with that Rocket. Obviously I would like to drive a kick a$$ car like GTX. I should prob'ly enquire about Fiat A.S.S in Hyderabad.

Oops! sorry about that dude! but what i do nowadays is take the car to a multi brand servicing centre like tvs cars here for regular maintenance stuff. when i need to get something changed, i leave the car there blast those guys about their service and come back. viola! a day later the car is ready to be picked up. thatz my experience. but dont let the fiat delaers rob you of the pleasure of driving a GTX!!!

if not the authorized dealer, check around there must be atleast one really good mechanic who can do most of the stuff for the car. only for stuff related to the engine and others i take to fiat dealer.

Hey skid,
Ask some people from hyderabad ho0wthey like their service.
In bombay it is very good.

Hey Skidrock,

Fiat ASS is not bad in Hyderabad. Though they are not excellent, they are good. Anuroop in Hyd is owned by the same guys who own the Anuroop in Mumbai. I drive Palio D and get it serviced at Anuroop. They are like any service center of Maruti and other similar ones.

If you require any further info, pm me.

Regards
Satish