Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 18:07   #1
BHPian

Ford Fusion & accessories

Hey everyone. I have been a 'guest' reader of this forum for quite some time and recently decided to take the plunge and registered about a week or so back.

I have just sold my old car and am buying a new Black Ford Fusion. I will get delivery next week.

My only criteria (besides money) was that the vehicle should be different and not too common on the roads. Choice was between Fusion, SRV & San Storm.

Opted for the base model as I was not too keen on the standard alloys that come on the plus model. They look the same as the wheel caps!!

Have some queries and I hope someone can help:

Dealer is giving me a free Sony music system with 4 speakers. I plan to fix alloys later. The dealer does have some Ford branded alloys (good looking) but they cost 23,000 and the dealer is not ready to trade-in for the wheel rims even though I am willing to pay the difference.

1. Should I go for these or choose some after-market stuff? Any suggestions on the brand?
2. Which sun-film is good? And how dark is legal?
3. I read about the reverse parking sensor. Is this the one that makes that irritating music while reversing the vehicle? What other advantages?
4. Is an electrical ice cooler / heater box a good option? Has anyone used it?
5. Whats the biggest tyres/alloys this car can handle? Current ones are 15inchers. I dont want those skirts etc. as I want to keep the GC intact and maintain the SUVish look - hence I was looking for bigger tyres/alloys.

6. Any other external accessories anyone can suggest for the fusion? The other stuff that I am planning to fit are seat covers, sporty pedals for ABC and after market fog lamps.

Thanks guys
Old 1st October 2008, 10:51   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard, vroom666. Congrats on the Fusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
The dealer does have some Ford branded alloys (good looking) but they cost 23,000 and the dealer is not ready to trade-in for the wheel rims even though I am willing to pay the difference.
Even an after-market vendor will not pay you more than 100 bucks for the steel rims. Since you like the design of the OE alloys, I suggest you opt in on them. After-market alloys would cost you 19,000+.

Quote:
2. Which sun-film is good? And how dark is legal?
I am satisfied with Garware for economical applications and Vkool for premium. Look up this thread for more information.

Quote:
3. I read about the reverse parking sensor. Is this the one that makes that irritating music while reversing the vehicle? What other advantages?
That annoying music is from reverse horns, typically bundled with security systems. Reverse parking sensors are totally different. Their purpose is to assist the driver whilst parking / reversing by giving a visual / audio warning of the distance to another object. Refer to this thread

Quote:
4. Is an electrical ice cooler / heater box a good option? Has anyone used it?
For long trips, you bet it is! Nothing like a bottle of cold water / cola etc. on the highway.

Quote:
5. Whats the biggest tyres/alloys this car can handle?
The Fusion, even on stock rubber, has a stiff ride. I don't recommend larger alloys as it will only compromise the comfort levels. If you have to upgrade, do so only with the tyres and choose a soft compound.

Quote:
6. Any other external accessories anyone can suggest for the fusion?
Accessories
Old 1st October 2008, 18:10   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard, vroom666. Congrats on the Fusion.

Even an after-market vendor will not pay you more than 100 bucks for the steel rims. Since you like the design of the OE alloys, I suggest you opt in on them. After-market alloys would cost you 19,000+.
Thanks for the welcome and the advice GTO. Have been browsing through all the sections and threads ... got a lot of reading to do

just one more Q: The Ford branded alloys cost 23,000/- for 4 and not 5. Is that a good deal?
Old 1st October 2008, 18:41   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, it is a little on the expensive side. You could get a set of 5 for that money or less in the after-market. But as long as you like the design, go for it. OE alloys are generally priced higher for obvious reasons.
Old 3rd October 2008, 21:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it is a little on the expensive side. You could get a set of 5 for that money or less in the after-market. But as long as you like the design, go for it. OE alloys are generally priced higher for obvious reasons.
are ford OE alloys aura make? if so u can get it from accessories shop. aura is from Hindalco, birla company. as GTO mentioned, u will get 5rims for less price. anyhow u have to retain your steel rim, in that case take your own time to search for the alloys outside showroom. dont rush up to fix the alloys during delivery. reg. other accesories- does the fusion ORVMs comes with side indicator. if not try to replace with the indicator mirrors if warranty is not an issue.
Old 4th October 2008, 01:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post
are ford OE alloys aura make? if so u can get it from accessories shop. aura is from Hindalco, birla company. as GTO mentioned, u will get 5rims for less price. anyhow u have to retain your steel rim, in that case take your own time to search for the alloys outside showroom. dont rush up to fix the alloys during delivery. reg. other accesories- does the fusion ORVMs comes with side indicator. if not try to replace with the indicator mirrors if warranty is not an issue.
I am going to the showroom tomorrow so will check about the brand. The ORVM option too sounds real good - thanks benkey2

I want the car to give a very SUVish look. As GTO said its better to change tyres than alloys - any suggestions on the tyre brand and size to fit over those 15inchers (the bigger the better) ...
Old 4th October 2008, 02:09   #7
BHPian

Ford is a stickler on modifications - unfortunately so. I have been fighting for long to get 6-sensor parking sensors installed from after-market on my Fusion since they don't have an approved model, with no success. I don't want my 4-year warranty that I paid for to go useless.

So be cautious about any accessory and get it fitted only from the Ford dealer.
Old 4th October 2008, 02:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Ford is a stickler on modifications - unfortunately so. I have been fighting for long to get 6-sensor parking sensors installed from after-market on my Fusion since they don't have an approved model, with no success. I don't want my 4-year warranty that I paid for to go useless.

So be cautious about any accessory and get it fitted only from the Ford dealer.
thanks for the warning glass ... will mind it :-)
Old 6th October 2008, 00:34   #9
BHPian

@vroom666.
Great man !!! Did you took your delivery of your car. I too own a Fusion. Recently bought. Did you bought petrol/diesel version. Be specific to those showroom guys. Yday I was almost about to loose 3K becos of this confusion.
My car has a alloy (LENSO). I am also planning to put AL seat cover. I am in research phase in diff shop. Please let me know if you found one.
You can see on
Picasa Web Albums - Arindam - MyCars

I didnt upload the pic at T-Bhp site. As my account is not getting approved by moderator I am using my friend account.
--Arindam--
Old 6th October 2008, 18:05   #10
BHPian

Hey guys - took delivery of my Fusion today. Will post the whole story and experience soon ...

MODS - Should this thread can now be moved onto the modifications sections? If yes - please do
Old 7th October 2008, 00:30   #11
BHPian

Congrats vroom666!
And welcome to the world of Fusioners!!! Post some pics soon.
Old 7th October 2008, 13:12   #12
BHPian

Congrats vroom666 !!!
Welcome to Fusion Club. Let us update your first review.
By the way from which showroom did you bought ? Be careful while you do ICE/Extra fitting to your car.
--Arindam--
Old 8th October 2008, 15:12   #13
BHPian

Advice needed please - how good/bad/reliable are Momo alloys (Italian ) ... saw a neat pair and it looks awesome and is just the kind I wanted. But costs 35k for 5 - which is a lot.

Are Momos worth it? Are they on the higher end of the options in the market?

I just had Kool Tint sunfilm installed on my fusion windows. Is it a good brand? The heat reflection was about 70% & 30% visibility. Plan to fit Llumar for the front windscreen soon.

@Arindam - Hey thanks dude. Its a diesel one and bought it from Lathangi. Service has been good so far.

The dealer promised me Kenwood system with 4 speakers, teflon coating, mats, mudguards, car lighter, idol, freshner & 3rd year extended warranty as free options. All this over and above the corporate discount of 25K that I got.

When i went there in the morning for the delivery I saw that they had fitted base version of the system which I was not happy with. So I argued and had it changed to a higher spec one.

And before I took it out of the showroom I cross checked a list of all the stuff that is mentioned on one of the threads that advices what to look forwhen taking delivery of a new vehicle. Thanks to TBhp for that

The only good/bad thing was it started pouring cats n dogs just as I was pulling the vehicle out of the showroom and so had to drive back home in puddles and mus and water

The polishing was not so greatly done. But I didnt have too much time to spend there so took delivery. And anyways the rain played the spoiler for the shine.

Alloys and tints are all I am gonna do for the moment. Plan to fix some leather seat covers later in a month or so.

Guys please advice on Momo alloys as I have posted right at the beginning of this post. Thanks ...
Old 9th October 2008, 23:09   #14
BHPian

Good deal you got. When I asked Lathangi they was not willing to give any spl offer.
Let me know what ever you can find for leather seat covers.
Is this require for Llumar for the front windscreen ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks