Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:28   #1
BHPian

Getting AN ALTO VXi (1.1L) in Cochin

Guys, I have a budget of 1.5 lacs, and require a fun to drive car, second hand in Kerala.Car is exclusively for my use for the coming two years,after which I plan to sell it off, so resale is a priority. I also have a bike, which I use extensively, so average running of the car will be around 600 km per month max, so FE is not that big an issue. Should be good in the highways/ghats as i do plan to have one or two long trips in a quarter.Ice is not a priority. Size also do not matter much, but the two front seats should be comfortable. I'll be back in Kerala by Mid oct and I dont want to wait too much for the car.

I always had the Alto VXi in mind, but on enquiring with couple of friends and acquaintances back home, I am getting a feedback that it is difficult to get one,in good condition in Kerala.

I have my mind set on the car and really don't need advice on alternatives available however what I require is some input from the BHPians of Kerala,on whether I'd be able to get one in,say,a month's search, and also if i'd manage to get one with out exceeding the budget.

Also, if I cannot Get one from Kerala, what other options do I have, like sourcing from Chennai/Mumbai etc and Re-Registring it in KL?Will it work out within my budget? If it can, workout, which in which city should I search for one?

Thanking you all guys in anticipation for all your responses,

Aravind

Last edited by aravindwarrier : 3rd October 2008 at 11:28. Reason: Edited for legibility.
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Aravind,
Needless to say that 1.1 Alto is every penny worth investing as I am proud owner myself. Coming to your query contact our team bhpian "jacs" who recently purchased a 1.1 for his father in Kerala and he might be of help to you. All the best in your search endeavors and keep us posted.
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

HAve you tried the true value showrooms yet, I used to see a couple of them there, but there were the VX and not the VXi ones though.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:05   #4
BHPian

@ VJ: Thanks for the reference mate, I'll sure pm jacs once I reach home.
@JayD: I wanted to get a car thru friends/acquaintances rather than true value or brokers etc.But if that route proves futile, then TrueValue it is.
What do you guys think of the budget? Is it realistic? Any Idea abt the on-road price for an alto VXi in 2001?
Is there any reason for me to be worried abt the reliability and maintenance while buying a seven year old car?It is a definite concern, which I had missed in my first post, as I'd be jobless for the next two years :( , and the upkeep of the car should not eat up my savings.

Last edited by aravindwarrier : 3rd October 2008 at 13:12. Reason: typo
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Just have a look into the classifields of t-bhp. You may find some of the cars in your budget.
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Aravind! As Jay mentioned getting VXI will be a tricky one than VX variants and the link below is the thread started by Jacs when he was scouting for the same and maybe this could be of help regarding what you need to look into about pricing and all that stuff and the price you mentioned seems reasonable.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...o-vx-1-1l.html
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

It should be easy on the pocket as its just a Wagon R engine in an Alto and both are in production.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks