Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2008, 11:52   #1
BHPian

is it possible to buy old palio 1.6 gtx

I have read on couple of threads that old discontinued models of the 1.6 litre version of the palio can be procured from Fiat, how is this done and is there any person who has tried doing this.. will buying an old version mean that the price is set lower, will the warranty conditions differ in any way.

I have tried calling up bhandari and pandit auto in Pune, who in turn have gotten in touch with the fiat godwon ( Where I do not know) and they told me that no such model is available..
Old 13th October 2008, 12:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you just go in for Stile 1.6??

any particular reason you want the older GTX?
Old 13th October 2008, 12:23   #3
BHPian

Figured it might save me some money, other than that no particular reason, I did drive the newer stile version, it was very good, it did feel a little underpowered, but ut was very smooth compared to the other older palio's that i had driven. The proce for a new stile after all of the discounts is 4.65 oon road pune, where as the older version sell for less than 3.5, now that is saving which equals my fuel bill for 2 years..
Old 13th October 2008, 14:33   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fiat dealers always have old stock lying around. Look around not only in Pune but also in Mumbai. However, even if you do find one, I'd recommend a used buy. Simply because cars are built to run. A Palio that has been lying in the same spot for 2 years is going to have its own set of issues.

Plus, you'd get a used GTX for a steal!
Old 20th October 2008, 10:49   #5
BHPian

Palio GTX is cheap in after market, but check the car properly. Mainly sensor issues, and if possible wheel alignment. AFAIK one who has the problem will only sell a palio, rather they want to keep it as an alternative car. while upgrading.

Try looking at GTX SP PS, thats the only model with ABS, and EBD.
Old 20th October 2008, 11:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
Palio GTX is cheap in after market, but check the car properly. Mainly sensor issues, and if possible wheel alignment. AFAIK one who has the problem will only sell a palio, rather they want to keep it as an alternative car. while upgrading.

Most of the palios in India i think are in Mumbai, Pune and other cities have so very few of them that finding a good used variety has become very difficult, now that the prices in the second hand car market have dropped for palios they are also sought after.
Old 20th October 2008, 12:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
they are more rare than even the S10. Very very difficult to find one (forget the condition). There were hardly any of these sold.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks