Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 16:07   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
20 kmpl in city, but good roads. Almost Chandigarh like. All my 34k kms have been done in Delhi and NCR, save a trip to Neemrana and Yamuna Nagar.

LDI has no Tacho and no power windows. While the former is nothing to miss really, PW do make life a little more comfortable. Other features and bells and whistles like seat belt warning etc. Central locking is also missing but that can be compensated to a large extent by using an Autocop system. Wheel caps and black body pillars will not cost you more than a couple of hundred bucks.

The major disadvantage with the LDi would be no option of ABS.

Edit:
There are rattles in the car. But the combination of power and economy of the car offset this advantage in my point of view and hence I went ahead and got it.
Also, what is your definition of build quality ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-quality.html

What is your monthly running ?

PS: I have not driven or sat in an i10 and am no way recommending the Swift over it. Just giving you my opinion of the car I have experienced.
Thanks for sharing your views with us. My daily drive is around 50-70km and on weekends it is above 100km drive.

I think swift Ldi has Power Windows in front seats?

By build quality I mean is paint quality, plastic quality, fabric used on the seat quality and so on.

Last edited by tarunmadhok : 25th November 2008 at 16:14.
Old 25th November 2008, 16:13   #17
BHPian

go for Swift.. best option to take test ride and whichever you enjoy most go for it. I did not like the i10 kappa for its no driving pleasure.
Old 25th November 2008, 20:12   #18
BHPian

If you are gonna drive less than 20-30kms per day then go for the i10 kapps, if more than 50 then go for the Swift Vdi and not the Ldi ie if ur ready to wait for 2-3 months, or you have any links in MUL or the dealer.

All said the Kappa is also a great car to drive as its the World car frm Hyundai and the quality and fit-finish is above the Swift. Hyundai is also good for the A S S and the i10 is currently the best seller from that stable plus no wait periods and some freebies and discount too for the Hyundai.

THink it over and i am sure you know best wots good for you. Best of Luck on ur Buy.
Old 25th November 2008, 23:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
If you are gonna drive less than 20-30kms per day then go for the i10 kapps, if more than 50 then go for the Swift Vdi and not the Ldi ie if ur ready to wait for 2-3 months, or you have any links in MUL or the dealer.

All said the Kappa is also a great car to drive as its the World car frm Hyundai and the quality and fit-finish is above the Swift. Hyundai is also good for the A S S and the i10 is currently the best seller from that stable plus no wait periods and some freebies and discount too for the Hyundai.

THink it over and i am sure you know best wots good for you. Best of Luck on ur Buy.
If I am to buy a Swift, why to buy a Vdi and why not a Ldi. Could you explain a bit more about the major difference between the 2? as Swift LDi is for Rs 4,81,965 and Vdi is for Rs 5,16,921 (Ex SR price Chandigarh) which means around 35k difference.
Old 25th November 2008, 23:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

I suggest the Swift DDiS for your usage. The i10 is a great car as well, but Swift D is better in terms of fuel economy. That said, don't go by the 20kmpl as quoted elsewhere on the internet. You can expect 14-16kmpl in the city if driven sensibly and and 17-19kmpl on the highway. This is my experience with my Swift VDi for the last 18 months and ~24K Kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
If I am to buy a Swift, why to buy a Vdi and why not a Ldi. Could you explain a bit more about the major difference between the 2? as Swift LDi is for Rs 4,81,965 and Vdi is for Rs 5,16,921 (Ex SR price Chandigarh) which means around 35k difference.
Maruti Swift - Variants Diesel
LDi doesn't have:
  • Front electric windows
  • Rear electric windows
  • Central door locking
  • Tachometer
  • Light-off/key reminder
  • Driver's seatbelt warning lamp
  • Door ajar warning lamp
  • Clock
  • Vanity mirrors (sunvisor co-driver side)
  • Day/night rearview mirror
  • Head restraints (rear seat)
  • Fabric accented door trims
  • Front seat back pocket (driver and passenger side)
  • 12V accessory socket in central console
  • Silver painted door garnish inside door opener
  • Coloured outside door mirror cowls
  • Coloured outside door handles
  • Front fog lamps
  • Black coloured A- and B-pillars
  • 165/80 R14 steel wheels with cap (tubeless)
  • Key not removed warning buzzer
IMO, that 35K extra for the VDi is well worth it.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 26th November 2008 at 00:01.
Old 26th November 2008, 00:10   #21
BHPian

Hi Tarun
I was also considering to buy i10 for my dad but the discount you are getting is way too less what i am getting here in punjab.
some details about the i10 kappa sportz are as follows:

ex-showroom price-Rs.439693.00(metallic)and it includes the following:
1.Registration
2.Insurance
3.Mat Flaps
4.Nr. Plates
5.Body cover
6.Seat cover art leather
7.wax coating
8.Anti rust
9.3 rd year extended warranty
10.Car perfume
11.Free temp. nr.
12.Alloy wheels

and the best part is if you can give RC papers for your old car(either you sell it or transfer in another family member's name) you will get 20k extra discount which will be refunded to you after 90 days of purchasing the car.

The above deal holds true for i10 kappa magna too incl. mp3 player which retails at Rs.415059.00
Old 26th November 2008, 07:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
Hi Tarun
I was also considering to buy i10 for my dad but the discount you are getting is way too less what i am getting here in punjab.
some details about the i10 kappa sportz are as follows:

ex-showroom price-Rs.439693.00(metallic)and it includes the following:
1.Registration
2.Insurance
3.Mat Flaps
4.Nr. Plates
5.Body cover
6.Seat cover art leather
7.wax coating
8.Anti rust
9.3 rd year extended warranty
10.Car perfume
11.Free temp. nr.
12.Alloy wheels

and the best part is if you can give RC papers for your old car(either you sell it or transfer in another family member's name) you will get 20k extra discount which will be refunded to you after 90 days of purchasing the car.

The above deal holds true for i10 kappa magna too incl. mp3 player which retails at Rs.415059.00
Are you sure? I am just in the process of closing my i10 deal and surprised to see Alloy wheels, Seat cover art leather etc for the sportz version. And the ex-showroom price is Rs.439693.00(metallic) and it includes Registration and Insurance. I think you are kidding.

AFAIK, Sportz on road - bangalore is 5,02,000 for non-metallic and 5,06,000 for the metallic. Offers: 15000 cash discount + 150000 exchange bonus + floor mats, mudflaps, car freshner - Thats all about the offer. Magna doesn't have mp3 player as standard fitment.
Old 26th November 2008, 09:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Are you sure? I am just in the process of closing my i10 deal and surprised to see Alloy wheels, Seat cover art leather etc for the sportz version. And the ex-showroom price is Rs.439693.00(metallic) and it includes Registration and Insurance. I think you are kidding.

AFAIK, Sportz on road - bangalore is 5,02,000 for non-metallic and 5,06,000 for the metallic. Offers: 15000 cash discount + 150000 exchange bonus + floor mats, mudflaps, car freshner - Thats all about the offer. Magna doesn't have mp3 player as standard fitment.
Registration and insurance in ex showroom price?? I had a tough time getting the 20k discount that I did for my verna from hyundai. They wouldnt even give me a car cover free with it, but I had decided on the verna and this was my better deal amongst other dealers. So not sure if you have your facts spot on.
I suggest you check the details you have received, bug your sales person to give you a detailed list on what is free and what your paying for.
Now coming to choice, to be honest I think there are too many swifts on the roads. The car is overpriced for the kind of bland and cramped interiors it offers. I didnt even bother getting into details of what other features it offers when I went to see it at the showroom. The only reason why you would buy the swift is if you want very good mileage (subject to a lot of conditions such as good driving and maintenace, else it will plummet as is with every car) and because it has a fantastic engine + the value of it being a maruti which is a big deal in our country. But the flipside of a maruti is the waiting period, and excess demand means lots of possible manufacturing defects, not sure about service quality, and all the rattling.
The i10 on the other hand is equally small, but its far more sporty and I've seen the kind of seats and stuff they offer and to be honest most of the i10s look amazing both inside and outside. And I do believe that the new kappa engine is far far better then th eolder i10. Then again, why not you consider waiting for the i20? When you get something better, why be in a rush when you've waited so long? Considering the success of the i10 I dont think theres any doubt of its potential success though we have no detals regarding pricing.
Personally, only for an excellent engine and mileage go for the swift. For all other reasons i10, or preferrably wait for the i20 and then finalize depending on your time constraint. Someone had asked you to consider the indica vista. Its a good option, although again I doubt the reliability of tata and their service quality.
Old 26th November 2008, 10:18   #24
BHPian

yes friends i'm sure.We have two hyundai dealers and both of them are giving the same deal.As for i10 kappa magna you also get mp3 cd player.
Old 26th November 2008, 10:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Personally, only for an excellent engine and mileage go for the swift. For all other reasons i10, or preferrably wait for the i20 and then finalize depending on your time constraint. Someone had asked you to consider the indica vista. Its a good option, although again I doubt the reliability of tata and their service quality.
Thanks for the reply, I think i20 would be priced much then 5.50-6L. I do not want to go for Vista, i personally think the quality is a bit low as compared to other car brand in the market. I know the engine is excellent (same as swift/Palio).
Old 26th November 2008, 11:26   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I think i20 would be priced much then 5.50-6L. I do not want to go for Vista, i personally think the quality is a bit low as compared to other car brand in the market. I know the engine is excellent (same as swift/Palio).
tarun don't cut out the vista with out doing some research on it. If need be take a test drive. Your not losing anything. While i do agree that tata has reliability and service quality issues, the car might still be up to the mark. Check out a few threads and weigh the pros and cons. And yes, the i20 might be a slightly higher priced car. But consider this fact: the i20 is being launched primarliy keeping the export market in mind. This being the case, you might find it to be of proper international standard and a lot better then many other cars which are launched specially for the indian markets requirements. Yes thi may or may not mean a higher price tag, but if its worth pushing your budget up a bit for a car of fantastic quality, then why not?? Your car is going to be with you for the next 3 to 5 years at least. I dont think you should regret for NOT spending another 50k to 1lakh should the i20 turn out to be mindblowing.
And to be honest, wouldnt you like to spend maybe 6.5lakhs on a cars thats good on both the inside and the outside, then almost 6 on a swift diesel that every single person in india has, and the saving grace only being the engine and mileage. Your anyway going to be put into a frustrating queuing list of 3 ormroe months for the swift. Wait till jan for the i20! Till then have a blast and test drive every car you can and gain some good knowledge that you can share on teambhp cheers:
Old 26th November 2008, 11:40   #27

hi

Quote:
Hi,

As my waiting for the launch of A-Star is over and I am not interested in buying a A-Star anymore now.

I have 2 cars in my final list and I need BHP guy’s advice on which one to go for.

Please advice me as I need to book any one of them ASAP. My daily run would be around 50-70 km and on weekends would be above 100 km
  • i10 Magna (Kappa) = Price = 405970 less 13k(discount)= 392970 (Ex SR Chandigarh)
  • Swift LDI = Price = 487016 (Ex SR Chandigarh) (No discount on it and waiting period is around 3 months now).
Also I would like to know how much average does both cars gives in city and on highway.

Thanks in advance.
Hi tarun
is that 13K discount the insurance amount that they are giving ?
And where are u buying it from?
KLG?
i am also from chandigarh and planning to buy an i 10

thanks
Old 26th November 2008, 16:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haneet22 View Post
Hi tarun
is that 13K discount the insurance amount that they are giving ?
And where are u buying it from?
KLG?
i am also from chandigarh and planning to buy an i 10

thanks
13k is the cash discount + mats + mud flaps etc they are giving, I had been to the Ind area Sr. The one which is near TVS SR. I don't remember the name of the showroom. Insurance you have to pay extra (or you can use this 13k for Insurance). This discount is on Ex SR price of the car.

Which more are you going for? As different i10 models have different discounts
Old 26th November 2008, 23:25   #29
BHPian

What is the difference between a factory fitted central lock (like in swift vdi) and remote like autocop which we can fix for swift LDI.

Also is it possoble to fix rear head rest in Swift Ldi. One sales guy told me its possible but I am not sure about that.
Old 26th November 2008, 23:48   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Hi,

As my waiting for the launch of A-Star is over and I am not interested in buying a A-Star anymore now.

I have 2 cars in my final list and I need BHP guy’s advice on which one to go for.

Please advice me as I need to book any one of them ASAP. My daily run would be around 50-70 km and on weekends would be above 100 km
  • i10 Magna (Kappa) = Price = 405970 less 13k(discount)= 392970 (Ex SR Chandigarh)
  • Swift LDI = Price = 487016 (Ex SR Chandigarh) (No discount on it and waiting period is around 3 months now).
Also I would like to know how much average does both cars gives in city and on highway.

Thanks in advance.
Hi tarun,

Going by your travel,i would suggest you to go for swift diesel.if you are not ready for diesel then itis i10.

Trust me the swift is no different from a petrol car,infact its better is pickup,mileage,sound ect.

Decision is yours

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks