Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 12:36   #1
BHPian

Swift Diesel - Any Enhancements in the offing?

Dear All,
I am planning to go for Swift Diesel by Jan 09. Would any of you know if Maruti is planning any enhancement to the current version of Swift diesel next year?

I have read all the umpteen posts on Swift diesel ownership and experiences thanks to team BHP. Would you suggest me to go for it or should I wait for some more time? May be wait for the Punto by mid next year?

Any insight on this will be highly appreciated.
Old 19th December 2008, 00:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Please read the Linea release postpoooooooooooooooned thread and you will realise how futile it would be to wait for a FIAT product. If you want to get old in the process, sure, keep waiting.

Swift already got a facelift in 2008, so what enhancements are you expecting? Waiting can be endless, question is - Do you need a car now? If the answer is yes, go buy it and do not be bothered about version x.y released months after.
Old 19th December 2008, 09:07   #3
BHPian

maruti has just launched A* and now must be preparing the ground for Splash. I dont think they'll bother to give Swift a facelift considering that its not lost its popularity.
Old 19th December 2008, 10:48   #4
BHPian

Thanks for the replies. I understand the fact that Punto will be released only by mid next year. This will be my third car and hence do not mind waiting for 6 months just to check out the Punto if need be, given the fact that Maruti's build quality is flimsy. As far as my perception is concerned, the swift needs a major uplift in terms of the build quality and hence the question to team BHPians. Looks like nobody has any insight on this.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:44   #5
BHPian

Did you evaluate the Ford iKon Flair 1.4 TDCi? You get a full saloon for a little more than a Swift VDi. iKon is sheer VFM IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Dear All,
I am planning to go for Swift Diesel by Jan 09. Would any of you know if Maruti is planning any enhancement to the current version of Swift diesel next year?

I have read all the umpteen posts on Swift diesel ownership and experiences thanks to team BHP. Would you suggest me to go for it or should I wait for some more time? May be wait for the Punto by mid next year?

Old 23rd December 2008, 16:15   #6
BHPian

There is a talk of Suzuki Splash making its way into India early '09. Believe, its based on the same Swift platform yet bigger than the Swift. However, it might be initially offered in the petrol trim. I feel it could be worth its wait.
Old 24th December 2008, 12:10   #7
BHPian

Thanks for the information.
I have not checked out the Ford TDCi, reason being it's a bit dated now while it may still be VFM.

The suzuki splash or the Ritz as it might be called in India, is based on a smaller version of the swift platform, so not sure how spacious the car might be.

That probably leaves out only the Punto and we never are sure with Fiat and their strategies, are we??
Old 30th December 2008, 11:44   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Dear All,

well, swift is beauty of a car but believe me, no facelift is coming. they wont offer any discounts to you. if u love the engine, keep vista qjd and palio mjd in loop. I bought vista qjd and got the dely just 4 days back. swift has been my ever fav though. i was let down by the dealer and company as such. I just felt that the deal was not enough vfm for me. my budget constraints too weighed down my desire for swift. but if budget aint a problem for u and u are ready to buy "The Bare Minimum Accessories" they sell, then swift VDi is the car for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks