Team-BHP - Help Required Indica Vista Safire or Indica Vista TDI
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Help Required Indica Vista Safire or Indica Vista TDI (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/51283-help-required-indica-vista-safire-indica-vista-tdi-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 1446456)
I agree with all you have said, but reports say that this changes with a load of 5 people and the AC on. I haven't tested it that way myself, and maybe the reports are wrong. But certainly they point to a need to be careful on this count. If the Safire had a little more grunt, it would be the car to buy.

I have driven with 5 onboard, and the Saffire is not too bad on this count too. Before buying the Saffire, the test drives too were done with 4 onboard on both the Saffire and the TDI and the Saffire was more driveable. The biggest problem with the TDI is the initial lag and then a sudden boost, which is not to my likeing at all, and will be a pain is stop go city traffic. If I were to drive only on the Highway, then probally I would take the TDI. Also the Saffire is very very silent compared to the TDI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanaman (Post 1446464)
I have driven with 5 onboard, and the Saffire is not too bad on this count too. Before buying the Saffire, the test drives too were done with 4 onboard on both the Saffire and the TDI and the Saffire was more driveable. The biggest problem with the TDI is the initial lag and then a sudden boost, which is not to my likeing at all, and will be a pain is stop go city traffic. If I were to drive only on the Highway, then probally I would take the TDI. Also the Saffire is very very silent compared to the TDI.

If the Safire works well fully loaded, it is the car to buy. There is no doubt about that. Personally, I have never understood the mania in India about diesels in small city cars, but hey, stupid:. The first diesel that had some chance in my mind for this application was the Fiat engine, but the Indian love affair for small car diesels started a lot before that. It will take the resetting the pricing distortion for diesel/petrol to correct this state of affairs, I imagine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanagg1 (Post 1359975)
@logical
dear are you still waiting for reccession to be over OR you have bought a baby(car) "n" we are left waitingf or info
pls share with us
cheers

have put off purchasing decision till next year :( but have saved some more and am now inclined towards the qjet

Dear,

I have been Vista Saffire since Sep 2009. The car is absolutely fine and i dont have any complaint about it.

The milage suggested by sales guy is correct and i have comfortably got above 16 on highways and between 12 to 14 in city with AC. A lot will also depend on your driving habits.

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockysays (Post 1445515)
Hi all, although I am a team-bhp member for a long time now. This is my first post.. Need some guidance/sugestions from fellow team-bhpians.

I am planning to buy my first car. I have driven a family owned santro for a whle now but this is going to be my first self purchased car :)

My profile: Am a very regular jobber.. currently based in gurgaon. will use my car mainly for home to work commute 15 kms to and fro .. and occassional trips.. on an average I feel I wont drive for more than 600 km in a month.

My budget is little constrained.3.5-4 lacs. I had gone through several cars. Test driven a few and have finally reached in the Tata Camp . I haven't yet test driven vista and indigo cs but I am sold over their looks and the features and I feel currently Tatas are offering the most VFM cars in the market.

BUT I am at a crossroad and very confused as to which path to take.

1. First should I go for Vista or Indigo CS ??
I have almost made up my mind on this (for Vista) but still need a second opinion here from the Gurus.
The reasons favoring Vista are:
a+: my budget 3.5 .. (stretchable to 4lacs max)
a. New Technology
b. Better engine SAFIRE vs tata petrol.. TDI is common in both of them
Question: whats the difference between indigo cs gls engine and fiat safire engine and which one is better ?
c. better security features.. now thats what the tata sales guy introduced.. says tubeless tyres and the vista design is more safer than Indigo CS.. I personally used to think both of them have equal security features (and issues :))

2. Vista TDI or Vista Safire
Have read almost all posts on this forum regarding tdi and Safire and has made me more confused. If I were having a few more bucks to spare, I would have gone for quadrajet without second thoughts. But my budget constraint has left me to choose between TDi and Safire. My concern for safire is mileage. The tata sales guy says 12-13+ in city and 15+ on highways. But I find that hard to digest. Currently my heart is tilting towards TDi but let me see if that remains the same after the test drive.

Also, the sales guy is pitching a lot for safire over TDI, saying safire is new and Tdi is old and noisy. I am suspicious over this, is safire really better and the sales guy is trying to help me or is it just that safire is selling less and he wants to clear the safire stock !!

Btw, I am being offered vista safire aqua at 3.72 lac on road (abs motors, gurgaon). Is that a reasonable price !!

PS: This is my first post, spare me if I haven't followed some of the guidelines of this forum !!