Used Zen - 98 model 16 48.48%
Used Zen Auto - 97 model 1 3.03%
Other - Please suggest 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2005, 20:39   #16
BANNED

Is your sister learning to drive or she already has a license. If she is learning to drive then i wont recomment an Auto.

p.s you are yet to post your lancer pics.
Old 3rd May 2005, 21:30   #17
Team-BHP Support

Lambo, you're pretty informed about Indian car market. Why do you have to consult every time when buying a car? By this time you should be knowing which is the right car for your sister!
I'm sorry if I'm sounding crude but really I just don't understand this.
Old 4th May 2005, 00:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

dude a zen will be the best bet for her.
ts small fuel eff good service provided by maruti and easy to drive around the city.

rev
Old 4th May 2005, 10:53   #19
BHPian

useful too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Lambo, you're pretty informed about Indian car market. Why do you have to consult every time when buying a car? By this time you should be knowing which is the right car for your sister!
I'm sorry if I'm sounding crude but really I just don't understand this.
why close it? Find it useful
Roughshodding, is it?
Infact, i have been in a similar dilema, trying to pick a car for my wife and I am actively reading this thread.
Old 4th May 2005, 11:58   #20
BHPian

Hey Lambo,

While going for a used car? Go for a later version of the vehicle and also the one which has less number of miles on it. The vehicle must have been well maintained. I would suggest that the M800 DX would be a best bet for long term ownership and resale as well. You won't find much problems with this car for your sister.

But if your sister is not planning to retain the vehicle for a long time go for the zen.

Daewoo Matiz is a good option but it all depends on GM's plans to unviel the chevy spark so that would be a gamble.
Old 4th May 2005, 12:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Lambo

if i remember right in some thread you had mentioned that a 2 wheeler was more dangerous than a 4 wheeler . hope im right but the cars you are considering are almost as dangerous as a 2 wheeler in case of an accident.

if thats the prority , ( im guessing it is) then the Matiz is the safest bet. its also the cutest for a girl to drive , pretty fuel effcient and peppy ......as for the spares dont worry you get everything here only thing is you have to look around a bit.

hope that helps.

and yeah i agree with Rudra about Lambo's penchant for conducting polls everytime while buying a new car or a used one. besides we here have covered most of the polls and options for buying a car...just using the search option will throw up 4-5 threads on each query.

only thing is that we are too lazy to use it ...instead its better to start a new thread and watch the replies come in. hope we use the search option from now and surf the site a little bit more sensibly. that helps in avoiding duplicating of the threads ...and also makes the jobs of the mods a bit easier.

phew...ive been lecturing ...thats enuf from me.....

cheers
Old 4th May 2005, 13:32   #22
BHPian

go for the zen if she is bad at gears shift to auto
Old 4th May 2005, 14:07   #23
BHPian

hey dude
i would say you go for a zen as it will be nice for your sister to drive. In 1.25 lacs u will get a 95 or 97 zen lx. I tell u i also bought a zen lx 97 model for 1.57 lacs and used it for 2 months and sold it for 1.40 lacs and i tell you it had no maintenance costs
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks