Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 23:18   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Mithun, did/do you own a Palio D?
OR just making some baseless comments here?
Yes, I personally know of a Palio D owned by a family friend. He sold the vehicle at about 95,000 KMS only because he bought it at a higher cost. And, most of his time was spent on searching for spares !

And, he faced lots of engine problems during it's course. Although the vehicle was rattle free and I always felt that it was built like a tank !

Now, he drives a Verna Diesel.

PS : I'm a Fiat lover...But FIAT doesn't love Indians in return !

Last edited by mithun : 23rd February 2009 at 23:20.
Old 24th February 2009, 09:18   #17
BHPian

My friend finally took the Car for 1.7 Lakhs.

Thanks to all For valuable suggestions.

As most of you rightly said there is an A/C Problem and a problem with Accelarator.

Can you guys throw some light on the following mechanic Observations.

Some oil is coming from in the compressor

The accelator sensor is not functioning properly.Some times after I start the engine Pump symbol continue to glow and some times it's glowing while running tooo.When the symbol glows the accelarator is not functioning properly.

Please advise me
Old 24th February 2009, 09:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manne View Post
My friend finally took the Car for 1.7 Lakhs.

Thanks to all For valuable suggestions.

As most of you rightly said there is an A/C Problem and a problem with Accelarator.

Can you guys throw some light on the following mechanic Observations.

Some oil is coming from the compressor

The accelator sensor is not functioning properly.Some times after I start the engine Pump symbol continue to glow and some times it's glowing while running tooo.When the symbol glows the accelarator is not functioning properly.

Please advise me
Attached is the symbol glowing on the Instrument Cluster
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Palio-Symbol.bmp (576.1 KB, 624 views)
Old 24th February 2009, 10:17   #19
Team-BHP Support

Thats check engine light, there is some error code that the ECU has registered.
Old 28th February 2009, 23:19   #20

Palio 1.9D is a very good car specially for the traffic in Hyderabad. The car has very good torque that is a bonus in city traffic. However you should have access to an experienced PALIO mechanic. Driving a palio is one good thing.. Owning and maintaining one is the tough part. Please have the car checked on an ECU analyser and also thoroughly checked by an experienced mechanic. For a price of less than 2L you cant ask for a better car. Good Luck.

The
Quote:
Originally Posted by manne View Post
One of my friend is intrested in buying a Used Palio.I have seen a vehicle along with my friend on Saturday.

Vehicle Details: 2003 Model Black Clolor,53000 KM driven,New Tyres Direct Owner.

Exterior: Looks Good except gap at Bonnet and front bumber (Owner said Flower pot was fallen on the bonnet and the front mirror also replaced)

Interior: Maintained well

Engine & Drive: The test drive was good.I noticed that A/C is not effective.

Now I need your suggestons:

What should i check before going for the vehicle like the major service needs @ 55000 KM

What are the general Problems occur in Palio Diesel????

Is it a good bet at 1.9 Lakhs @ hyderabad??

Can i go for this vehicle keeping in mind the worst service of Palio??

Maintenance cost and Spare parts Availability??

We are planning to close the deal by to day.Please give your expert advices ASAP.
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:30   #21
BHPian

Hi Manne,

Like most posts here A/C and the fuel pump there have been the issues in my car(1.9D ELX,2003) too.

This fuel pump alarm clearly indictaes an issue with the fuel pump. I had the similar error when my vehicle had run about 35Ks. When this happen you can feel the car jerking as though it were going to stall. They replaced the Fuel pump.For some reason i had a free replacement of the fuel pump at Sundaram motors,Chennai. i think they were recaliberating the pumps due to fuel quality in India, and they put in a refurbished one. Have'nt had issues since then.

Just to pre-empt the a/c problem, my experience in rectifying the same.

After a replacement of the Cooling coil once (Rs.10K), i have subsequently replaced my AC Compressor with a Japanese? make available here locally "Sanden" ( This whole exercise cost me Rs.15k) I opted of this as the new compressor from Fiat would have costed Rs.25K. Since this was not the OEM Compressor, they had to fabricate special brackets to mount it. We could feel a drag in the engine for the first 100 odd Kms , then it loosened up. After six months, there was a problem with the a/c switch (Magnetti marreli ) since this was not available it has now been replaced with a local make (which seems to have failed again). My car has now done close to 90K.

Despite these issues when everything is working alright, it really is great car.esp on the highway.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:13   #22
BHPian

palio 1.9 D fuel pump

One of my friends bought a 2005 model palio D, a few weeks back. It was a flat exchange for his zen 2005 model. This car was having a problem with its fuel pump. For a replacement of the fuel pump an estimate of 45000 Rs was given by the local Tata-Fiat dealer. But he showed his car to a friends workshop and they got the fuel pump of a Lancer fixed in parallel to the existing fuel pump ( Thats what they told him.Don't know the deeper technical details of the fixation).Cost including labour charges was 950 Rs. Its working fine. I drove it too. I didn't feel any problem while driving it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks