Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 10:12   #16
BHPian

kousikorama, go ahead with the i20 , i think its more reliable than Vista. Its really a comfortable car with lots of space and a good design.
Old 6th March 2009, 11:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

you are going to buy in april, so my suggestion would be wait for fiat's GP to arrive, check that out before making your decision. Within your shortlist if you want diesel, go for vista which is a gr8 package with that price on offer and loads of space along with, if its petrol and you can spare that price go for i20 which has some cool goodies firstly offered on a hatchback, also diesel i20 might be launched within this year itself, if you can wait have a look and then decide.
Old 6th March 2009, 12:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
If you considering the i20 magna and the Vista qjd aura the on road price is the same. i20 will give you an FE of about 10 at best(because i10 with same engine gives 12) and compare that with the QJD that will give you atleast 15-16. So even if you drive say 1000 kms a month you will save about 2300 Rs every month on fuel costs.
Nitin
You are spot on mate.

Quadrajet is good enough to compete with the i20 Kappa engine and it's a proven engine. when there is no difference in the price between the two, and based on the service interval of 10000 Kms for Vista you would easily save more on the vista.

the niggling issues is there in Tata's vehicle and I dont think this would let you stranded in the middle of the road. (atleast I never had any issues with my indica V2 2003 Model 70+Kms done on odo and still going strong)

also a word of advice, if you are using the vehicle in city roads you are bound to get scratches and dents on your vehicle by our friendly neighbourwood bikers / auto wallahs and if you have a tata vehicle the tinkerers at the service station would remove the dent and paint it back. but at hyundai they just insist on replacing the whole panel.

- the reason I know about the hyundai and Tata is because I have a 2002 Santro and 2003 Indica V2 in my family.

- Cheers
Old 6th March 2009, 13:43   #19
BANNED

When it comes to TATA's people talk about issues, majorly non TATA owners only. I dont understand why talk without experience

Vista has the Fiat engine, that too a better and refined engine that what we get in Swift.

Vista is more Value For Money car, i20 is well designed car and it suits your kind of driving nature.

For a small family who's interested in maybe a weekend trip and 2000 kms per month the Vista Quadrajet still should be an ideal car to buy, atleast fuel bills can be kept minimal.
Old 6th March 2009, 17:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
When it comes to TATA's people talk about issues, majorly non TATA owners only. I dont understand why talk without experience

Vista has the Fiat engine, that too a better and refined engine that what we get in Swift.

Vista is more Value For Money car, i20 is well designed car and it suits your kind of driving nature.

For a small family who's interested in maybe a weekend trip and 2000 kms per month the Vista Quadrajet still should be an ideal car to buy, atleast fuel bills can be kept minimal.
Pawan,

Why is it necessary to do 2000 kms per month for the QJD to be the ideal car?
Even at 1000kms it is the ideal car unless the i20 cost was 1 lac less than the Vista QJD
Old 6th March 2009, 17:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

REVHAPPY makes a valid point and adding to that - your assessment of monthly running might dramatically change with time. Remember - ur keeping the car for 5 YEARS. do you think u would still be driving 600-1000kms per month all through ? with improvement in roads, lifestyle, you might drive around more..
AT THAT TIME NO POINT IN REGRETTING BUYING A PETROL

CTRLALTDEL - also makes a valid point which is the VISTA PETROL version - but then - that is IF YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE you want only a PETROL

otherwise I think VISTA QUADJET makes a much better buy and I have a feeling it would have a better resale compared to i20
Old 6th March 2009, 21:26   #22
BHPian

Hey Everybody,
I have what I believe is a pertinent Q from the long-term perspective - will (or are) the I-20's 1.4 or 1.6 L diesel powerplant (whenever and if one or both these engine variants are launched in the country) - being made in India or are the engines being imported for assembly at their plant near Chennai?
Old 8th March 2009, 15:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Rigid Rotor, well hyundai are sourcing to manufacturer their diesel plants in india.
Regarding the new buy i still feel that 1.2 kappa engine would be underpowered after occupancy and few bags in your boot, so if you dont want to wait, best deal is to go for quadrajet engine in vista.
Old 18th March 2009, 01:19   #24
BHPian

First make clear whethr you want to go for petrol or diesel. Diesel means a costlier car but you can sav a lot on fuel (diesel is cheaper and mileage of diesel cars is better than petrol cars). If you want a petrol car dont compare i20 with Tata Diesel, compare with Safire. In case you want to go for diesel no point thinking about i20.

Its obvious that the Koreans have a better finish quality than Indian car manufacturer's, but lot of people claim Indica Vista is as good as any foreign car. Make clear what you want and buy accordingly.
Old 11th June 2009, 09:30   #25
BHPian

Hi guys

Sorry for digging this one out but since this one was already running related to i20, so found no point in starting a new thread.

So, the scene is I live abroad and looking to buy a nice hatch in India. i20 took my fancy, for obvious reasons. It has the largest chessis in its kind (that's what I was initially inclined to). I liked this set of wheels even more after doing a bit of research on its specs and features.its got safety features, nice interiors and spacious. I know the engine is 1.2 which is small ofcourse. But am neither a hoon who like doing doughnuts or burn-outs nor a rallyracer who'd try to zip through traffic or always try to get ahead on traffic signals.
I like relaxed and smooth driving. Most of the time I'd be travelling with family (at times to the capacity of car). I won't be able to TD cars as I'd be on a very limited vacation and a tight schedule. So experienced owners and test drivers please help me out on this one.I've been reading posts where people commenting in its favor and often against it too. (In one of the threads frankmehta has mentioned "it's not got an anaemic engine, but its not exciting either"). Now, I am in a state of mind where my confusion is leading me no where.

Initially thought about Skoda fabia but thats going a bit out of budget. Moreover read some stories about bad owner experiences, dodgy dealers and inferior A.S.S. (Honestly speaking if I go for Fabia or so, (due to budget) I'd have to live up with stock ICE and alloys. And that would be my worst nightmare)

Don't want to wait for any upcoming cars i.e Honda Jazz etc as I might visit india during last quater of this year and want to make firm decision by then. (More over read in the news today that Honda Jazz failed to meet 5 star safety rating here in Australia, I believe if you are concerned about road safety then the current model here "which might be the one coming to india soon" should be a big NO NO)

More over once this dilemma is over, I'd be bugging you guys for ICE and shoe selection. Waiting for inputs. All ideas welcome.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:30   #26
BHPian

Punzabi, i20 is the car for you. Its NCAP 5 star, its the best looking hatch in the country, its spacious, its boot is nice and engine is kappa. 1.2 L, 80 bhp just enough for the type of driving you had mentioned.
Old 11th June 2009, 13:05   #27
BHPian

Since your requirement doesn't include "Mileage" factor in it then the obivous choice is i20. I think it has fabulous looks, good engine, nice interiors and comfy as well.
Don't go for vista, the plastics used in the interior are not so good my man.

(Why is that vista's are all always dissapointing? Speaking of windows vista as well..)
Old 12th June 2009, 09:06   #28
BHPian

Thanks guys for your suggestions. Well yeah I don't drive like a crazy but need a car that can carry passengers on all its seats, happily without dramas. I have seem people strictly condemning i20 and that was my main reason of concerns. Even if this car is heavy on juice, I am least concerned about it. As far it keeps me happy, I'll keep feeding it....

@ Dante: Yeah Vista does sounds like a cursed word. where ever it goes, bad luck follows it. Microsoft tried to sell Vista to my company but we actively refused it and said we are much happier with XP....
Old 12th June 2009, 10:07   #29
BHPian

Looking at all reply hope you have picked up i20. It is class apart compared to Vista. Go with i20, Jazz only launched and price is quite high compared to i20.
Old 12th June 2009, 14:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

we always tend to visit the car showrooms to drool over the new cars parked there and resist or fall for them.

but we never visit a service centre to see how or in what condition is it? is it a chaos and over crowded or organised and prfessional.

one should always meet the service advisors and see the way a customer is handled or a car taken car off. learn about the duration of booking a car for the service, what are the costs of minor and major service, how a car is delivered to its customer after the service.

why im writing this because we visit the showroom just once to buy the car, but visit the service centre for every service, so we need to see what kind of after sales service is offered by the dealer.

how far the service centre is from your house, do they open even on sunday, do they have road assistance, are they customer friendly, do they call to check after your service, whats their CSI (customer satisfaction index)!

but we never do that, and just test drive a car and buy it and then niggle about the bad after sales service!

well thats what i saw in the service centre of TATA/FIAT...total chaos and utter confusion!

hyundai service centre was in much better shape and since we already have an accent 1.6 in the family, it was an easier choice to narrow down on i20 asta as the small car super mini hatch compared to Vista, Jazz, Palio, Ritz, Fabia.

i20 has a decent 80 ps 1.2 ltr petrol engine and the car comes loaded with safety like ABS and dual airbags and loads of other features.

my choice i20 over Vista! (diesel is for tractors)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks