Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 17:23   #1
BHPian

Please advise - i10 1.2 (Magna) Automatic

Hi All,

I would be buying an i10 1.2 (Magna) AT in the next few days and would like your comments on the below quote from MGF Hyundai. This is the best I have got after the first day's bargaining and I pretty much doubt if they would throw in any more freebies.
The car will mostly be used for city driving.

i10 Magna 1.2L Kappa (Solid)
Ex-showroom price: 436,386
Road tax: 26,290
Logistic and handling charges: 3,000

Offers (Free)
Insurance: 11,786
Exchange Bonus: 15,000
Corporate Discount: 4,000
Extended Warranty (3rd Year): 2,500
Sunfilm (Garware)
Under Body Anti-Corrosion coating
Teflon coating
Basic accessories (Mud flap, Floor mats)
* Hyundai central locking available instead of Extended Warranty and Sunfilm

I do have a few queries,
1) We have decided on the colour white, however this is non metallic. Should this be of concern?
2) What all documents would be needed to avail the exchange bonus other than the copy of the RC book?
3) MGF had mentioned that they do have tie ups with most of the insurance companies. Which one should I opt for? After going through some of the threads, it seems like folks here suggest Bajaj and Tata AIG.
4) Which security system is recommended for i10? (Autocop/Nippon?) I would not require any of the high end features. Please mention the model number.
5) I am planning on getting the tyres changed and the wheels upgraded to alloys. Dealer has mentioned that he can provide Bridgestone/MRF/Apollo as the stock tyres.
a) How much should I expect for the stock tyres?
b) Should I upgrade to 175/60/R13 or 175/70/R13? Will there be any reduction in the mileage?
c) Which alloys and tyres do you recommend?

Many thanks,
Binoy
Old 5th March 2009, 19:16   #2
BHPian

Few Comments To your queries:

1. i10 White Non-metallic. No concern at all. Infact IMO i10 looks best in white. Just go for it.

2.Nothing except the RC book.

3.Yes, the current flavour of the season are TataAIG and Bajaj, but others are equally good.

4. I would suggest AutoCop. Better performance , better service backup.

5. If the dealer gives you a choice for the brand, go for Bridgestone. It will fetch you the best money when you go in for an exchange.

6. All depends on you negotiation skills. But, if you want the best price just head straight to the tyre wala asa you take delivery of your vehicle. You can opt for the change at the dealership also.

7. IMO, 175/60 R13 would be the correct upsize. Yes, there will be a mild reduction in mileage and a slightly heavy steering, but what you will gain is much better grip levels, ride comfort and improved braking performance.

8. Alloys- Avoid chinese makes. You can go for Indian makes like Neo and Aura, or Taiwanese Make HR. HR being my favourite and have used them in different cars in the past 10 years.

Tires- Flavour of the season - Yokohama's and Michelin's. But avoid them if you drive on rough roads. You can find more info on Tires and Alloys Section on this Forum.
Old 6th March 2009, 11:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

You can go for Hyundai's original security system with engine immobiliser. It is very nice and if any issues can be sorted out by them during services.
Old 6th March 2009, 13:43   #4
BHPian

Pls see replies in-line

Quote:
Originally Posted by psynaps3 View Post
I do have a few queries,
4) Which security system is recommended for i10? (Autocop/Nippon?) I would not require any of the high end features. Please mention the model number.
Autocop base model should be good enough

5) I am planning on getting the tyres changed and the wheels upgraded to alloys. Dealer has mentioned that he can provide Bridgestone/MRF/Apollo as the stock tyres.

a) How much should I expect for the stock tyres? - Tyres+rimes should fetch you atleast Rs 1,500 as buy back

b) Should I upgrade to 175/60/R13 or 175/70/R13? Will there be any reduction in the mileage?
175/70/R13 should be the correct upgrade. I have this on my i10 and there is no drop in mileage

c) Which alloys and tyres do you recommend?
I have league alloys and Michelin XM1+ tyres on my i10. Found the tyre to be good, but it might be a bit on the softer side.

Many thanks,
Binoy
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:05   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Binoy, so what did you finally decide?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks