Team-BHP - Punto MJD Emotion Regular v/s Emotion Pack
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Punto MJD Emotion Regular v/s Emotion Pack (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/61974-punto-mjd-emotion-regular-v-s-emotion-pack.html)

Hey there. I'm a newbie and this is my first post.

I have been waiting for the launch of GP for a long time now.
And though, after reading the reviews, I have some concerns especially things like the turning radius, rear legroom and the NVH, I might still go for the GP MJD.
My problem is that I'm not sure whether to spend the extra 60k for the MJD Emotion Pack as compared to the regular Emotion.
Neither the alloys nor Blue & Me are important to me (USB support would have been nice).
What is important to me though are the airbags. But the OTR of E+ is a bit beyond my budget.
Now I know it is said that there is no price for safety, but actually there always is.

In light of this, I wonder if E+ is really VFM.
Also, does anybody have any idea about the re-fitment cost of airbags for the GP.

Thanks guys.
Psmith

Quote:

Originally Posted by psmith (Post 1391195)
What is important to me though are the airbags. But the OTR of E+ is a bit beyond my budget.
Now I know it is said that there is no price for safety, but actually there always is.
In light of this, I wonder if E+ is really VFM.
Also, does anybody have any idea about the re-fitment cost of airbags for the GP.

Avoid fitting the airbags after purchasing the car. Airbags are safety equipment and best if they come as OEM fitment. Repairing a car with Airbags and adding them entire from the beginning in a car not equipped with them in the first place is not recommended. Also the issue will be quality of the job done if anybody undertakes such a work.

If affordable, go for the car with airbags, but dont installed them after buying the car.

You cannot retrofit Airbags. Just go for the lower model as per your budget. Airbags are good but not essential.

well if you really want to feel safe with the airbags spend that money. I think it will be VFM considering the goodies you will get. If you can live without airbags save the money. Do you travel a lot on highways.?

No one can say if you would ever need an airbag. It has to be your call based on your comfort levels.

Go for the Emotion PK. Reasons:

- Airbags. I know you say there is a price for safety but the additional 60K you spend will only add about 1,300 to your monthly EMI.

- 5 years from now when you want to sell your car, airbags will give you that extra on the resale front. Think about it. 5 years from now, all cars will have airbags. Probably even the Alto!

Ok Psmith, as someone who bought the Emotion Pk, let me try to help.

1. The alloys look awesome. If looks matter to you, go for it!
2. The steering mounted controls are really useful, especially if you are in the habit of listening to music and surfing FM channels like I do. The Blue&Me is useful for taking calls, though you can also get a separate bluetooth in-car accessory, so this is a matter of personal taste.
3. The airbags are useful - though if you ever have to use them, unfortunately, you will have to replace the entire dash to get them back in their place again.
4. The turning radius is not that bad - if you've driven a sedan, you won't have a problem. And seriously, if it was that big a deal, you would only see Altos, Sparks and Santros on the road.
5. Rear legroom is OK. Not great but unless everyone you know is 5 8 or taller, you shouldn't have a problem.

If I were you, i would stretch my budget to somehow get the E+. For the price of a Tire + Alloy upgrade on the normal Emo, you get goodies like Airbags, blue n me, steering controls etc, which are not possible to retrofit, plus 15" wheels and more. On the whole, the E+ is the Best VFM in the punto stable.

[quote=MitzYeah;1393073]Ok Psmith, as someone who bought the Emotion Pk, let me try to help.
3. The airbags are useful - though if you ever have to use them, unfortunately, you will have to replace the entire dash to get them back in their place again.

5. Rear legroom is OK. Not great but unless everyone you know is 5 8 or taller, you shouldn't have a problem.[/quote]

I just wanted to know if airbags are covered in insurance or you have to pay entirely from your own pocket and how much is the cost anyways?

I am 6.1 and rear legroom was fine for me so that may not be a problem.

I'm hearing some compelling arguments for E+ :)

[quote=harry10;1393231]
Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzYeah (Post 1393073)
Ok Psmith, as someone who bought the Emotion Pk, let me try to help.

5. Rear legroom is OK. Not great but unless everyone you know is 5 8 or taller, you shouldn't have a problem.[/quote]

I just wanted to know if airbags are covered in insurance or you have to pay entirely from your own pocket and how much is the cost anyways?

I am 6.1 and rear legroom was fine for me so that may not be a problem.

thank you harry for your support, if you are six foot and had no problem in rear then i can safely proceed with this car as this was one problem that the reviews were talking about.

This may be of interest for those grappling with this decision.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1449799-post33.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by psmith (Post 1391195)
My problem is that I'm not sure whether to spend the extra 60k for the MJD Emotion Pack as compared to the regular Emotion.
Neither the alloys nor Blue & Me are important to me (USB support would have been nice).

I had the exact confusion as you. I wanted Airbags and all other features of EPack were not so important for me. But 60k more than Emotion were like a mental block.
I posted the same question to a group of friends and their reply just made my decision easier. "Do you think 60k is more valuable than the life of your dear ones?".

Not that I want anyone to come across a situation where they will need to use the airbags but in those unfortunate moments I would like to have all the safety measure I could have bough to be there to protect us. Hence, I just stretched my budget a bit more and went for EPack.

Emotion pack is worth the money we pay, reasons are:

1. Each alloy in Linea / Punto is around 10k, so out of 60K extra compared to the Emotion we are getting 40 k here itself plus additonally around 5k for broader tires.
2. now we are left with 15k difference and in this we get the Airbags, Blue & me (which is a great feature), USB playback and the rear defogger.
Lets try breaking the charges for these features, for a device equlivalent to blue and me & USB support we need to pay around 8-10k atleast, and rear defogger would cost anywhere around 4k. and we need to completely forget about the airbags.

Even my DAD was like "In India we dont need ABS and Airbags", but the fact is ABS makes a huge difference atleast on a rainy day compared to regular brakes. No one of us would buy a car equipped with Airbags to test the airbags, its just that in case of an unfortunate incident its always better to have everything that we could have got initailly.

I can understand the issues with the extra cost but if this is managable then go for the Emotion Pack. The 60K will be worth a lot if it can save a life of your dear ones in the unfortunate incidents

Emotion Pack is even better VFM in the Punto then the Emotion variant. The Goodies that you get are worth the addtional cost.

Stearing mounted controls and blue and me are by themselves safety tools, broader tyres, defogger, Airbags are all safety tools.

Suggest you go for the emotion pack else the Vista Aura itself (which is more spacious) should do why go for the Puno.

I have finally bought the MJD Emotion Pk.
Haven't driven much...but I really like it.

Thank you all for your contributions to this thread.