Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 11:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering, how much extra is the sunroof?

cheers
Old 17th September 2009, 11:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Just wondering, how much extra is the sunroof?

cheers
well, from the hyundai website

Asta GLS(Metallic)481391
Asta WS GLS(Metallic)496390

so the sunroof sets you back by Rs. 14999/-
Old 17th September 2009, 15:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
@ SU47 (its called berkut right?)
Though snowfall shall be a miracle in Kolkata , ABS might be greatly useful in water soaked streets in monsoon, and dusty highways in summer/winter.
You know your planes well.. When it rains, we naturally start driving a little slower and are more careful. The killer situation is with the dust and sand on the roads which can appear anywhere even on nice highways.
Old 17th September 2009, 21:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAutobot View Post
After researching the car I want to buy I have finally decided to go with the Hyundai i10 Kappa. Within the available models I have shortlisted the Sportz and Asta. The key features that the Asta provides on top of the Sportz variant are Airbags and ABS. The overall price difference OTR in Pune is around 65K which is sizeable.

This will be my first car. Given the fact that my driving is likely to be 85% city and 15% highway I am unable to decide if Airbags and ABS and any other additional features that the Asta may provide are really necessary.

If anyone has already been through this process and has some insights please do share them with me. Also please advise on what accessories/upgrades should be bought along with the car.

My $0.02 - My personal belief is that Airbags are a must in any car. They are mandatory in most countries. It is a great shame that auto manufacturers in India (except Honda and Skoda) offer Airbags only in the top trim variants. If I want safety I must also apparently pay for minor luxuries like Auto A/Cs, tachometers and some useless features like outside temperatures. Even if you are driving 15% on the highway - why take a chance? Accidents don't happen everyday and hopefully they will never happen - but if they did - wouldn't you rather be relatively uninjured? 65k more translates to what - perhaps a 1000 bucks more than your usual EMI - that is like 4 movies tickets these days - aren't the lives of you and your family members worth the difference?
Old 20th September 2009, 09:46   #20
BHPian

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I have booked an i10 Asta (white) yesterday. Will open up a thread for buying and ownership experience once I receive the delivery.
Old 20th September 2009, 15:48   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I have booked an i10 Asta (white) yesterday. Will open up a thread for buying and ownership experience once I receive the delivery.
Congrats, even i have the i10 Kappa and in same color, it just looks swell.

What's the OTR price and is it M/T or A/T?
Old 20th September 2009, 18:17   #22
BHPian

Thank you mobike008. I have booked the manual shift version. The OTR price is 5.18 lakhs excluding insurance which I intend to do myself. This includes a cash discount of 10K, corporate discount of 4K. Additionally I am getting car seats and filming done from the dealer for free.
Old 20th September 2009, 19:10   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
i have i10 sportz AT. I did not consider asta mainly for money !!
I have no comments on the security aspects mainly ABS and airbags, but i personally did not feel like paying that much for that.
sportz is VFM. it has everything needed.. no need for any upgrade.

Also one suggestion on the tyre upgrade, it is a tricky situation.. u cannot upgrade to 175/70R13 on the stock rims. u need to buy alloys to upgrade the tyres. so it is an expensive proposition if money is the criteria. i have not upgraded the tyres and i am happy with it, no handling issues.
Ditto here. I got the Sportz AT two months back for my wife. No upgrades for me as well. Of whatsoever I have driven the car, no handling issues yet. I however got some of the corporate discount equivalent accessories. Sun films, PU seat covers and keyless entry. No fog-lamps and ABS/Airbags. But I am as well OK with it, as the car is driven almost always in the city.
Old 20th September 2009, 19:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ditto here. I got the Sportz AT two months back for my wife. No upgrades for me as well. Of whatsoever I have driven the car, no handling issues yet. I however got some of the corporate discount equivalent accessories. Sun films, PU seat covers and keyless entry. No fog-lamps and ABS/Airbags. But I am as well OK with it, as the car is driven almost always in the city.
Well I chose Asta, as my regular commute is through a state highway (jessore road for Kolkatans) filled with trucks and rash drivers, and another high speed bypass road (rajarhat bypass for Kolkatans) with speeds easily topping 100+ kmph. I know that these 2 roads have more than their fair share of accidents, and I did not want to take any chance. As i10 Asta A/T did fit into my budget, I looked no further.

For EXCLUSIVELY city commutes, I feel that though ABS is required, Airbags may be left out.

I wish that the sportz version had come with ABS.
Old 20th September 2009, 19:41   #25
Team-BHP Support

I wish the same. But I did not want to pay an additional 60-80K for ABS where rest of the features, were not needed.
Old 20th September 2009, 20:43   #26
BHPian

Yeah for me too I felt like I was paying a huge premium of ~80k just for the ABS as I wasn't interested in the airbags.I was excited by the Sunroof but eventually I realized all sunroofs are not equal and they can start leaking during rainy season.I said no to the sunroof but the sunroof is not optional in the Asta AT which was a total deal breaker.
I went for the Sportz AT btw and am expecting delivery in a couple of days.Money saved is going into tyres,seating and audio Yay!
Old 20th September 2009, 21:12   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I wish Hyundai had an option like Maruti where you could opt for a Sportz+ABS option.
I thought Sportz version was available with an optional ABS, no? I have seen couple of Magnas with an ABS badge.

Please clarify.
Old 20th September 2009, 21:25   #28
Team-BHP Support

Now that you say, even I remember seeing some Magna versions with ABS badge.

But the dealer did not speak about this at all and I sort of took it for granted that ABS is only available on Asta.
Old 20th September 2009, 21:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Now that you say, even I remember seeing some Magna versions with ABS badge.

But the dealer did not speak about this at all and I sort of took it for granted that ABS is only available on Asta.
Those are pre kappa irde magna versions with ABS.They also sport rear wipers if you have noticed it.

Hyundai really loves confusing its customers!
Old 20th September 2009, 21:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Those are pre kappa irde magna versions with ABS.They also sport rear wipers if you have noticed it.

Hyundai really loves confusing its customers!
Does it mean that ABS is optionally available with Magna irde and not with Manga or Sportz Kappa?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks