Team-BHP - My very own first car - Ritz Zxi or i10 Asta? EDIT: Booked Ritz Zxi.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   My very own first car - Ritz Zxi or i10 Asta? EDIT: Booked Ritz Zxi. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/68951-my-very-own-first-car-ritz-zxi-i10-asta-edit-booked-ritz-zxi-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijaythacker (Post 1580719)
congratulations on your ritz zxi, hope ABS comes mandatory and airbags optionals in all variants.Which colour did you opted and whats the on road price for your car do share.I guess petrol ritz does not get any discounts as to diesels as petrol ones are more in demand with better FE and very near to diesel ones.

I have not yet booked the car. Still undecided on the dealer part stupid:. I will be booking Black color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 1580682)
I stay in whitefield and my office is on Richmond Road (will be moving to ORR - near Bellandur) from January. So Pratham is the closest from my house and future office.

Pratham is a decent agency (at least for the purpose of purchase).

But many forum members have expressed displeasure in the service department at Pratham. Do search the forum and read the horror stories before you give the vehicle for servicing.

Rohan,
Bangalore

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 1580729)
I have not yet booked the car. Still undecided on the dealer part stupid:. I will be booking Black color.

I hope you are fully aware of the pain package that comes free with a black car!lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 1580927)
I hope you are fully aware of the pain package that comes free with a black car!lol:

Yes I know. No other color seems to impress me. The color decided was always black irrespective of the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 1572184)
Well, it's 70:30 right now in favor of i10. I am waiting for Ritz owners to convince me for Ritz and tilt this balance towards Ritz.

Looks like ur wish came true(atleast resultwise)..:D
Congrats for zeroing on a decision.

I have been closely following this thread since few days as I am in quite a similar situation. Have to admit, I really liked ur persistence and method of judgement and this thread has been very useful also for me towards decision making for my would-be first car.

As an extension, few additional things I wanted to know about Ritz Variants:
1. ZXI comes with 180/70 R14 tyres whereas VXI comes with 165/80 R14. So, ZXI tyres are wider and thicker. Also ZXI has ABS and airbag which would be additional mass(a fact, no offence to safety factor they provide).
How much impact will this have on ZXI mileage as compared to VXI?

2. In ZXI, is it possible to exchange the default ICE(esp Speakers) and Alloys with ones of my choice at the dealership itself at some minimal additional cost?

Posting image of how the tyre/alloy for zxi looks like:

what I feel of your queries..

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool.aquarian (Post 1581674)
Looks like ur wish came true(atleast resultwise)..:D
Congrats for zeroing on a decision.

I have been closely following this thread since few days as I am in quite a similar situation. Have to admit, I really liked ur persistence and method of judgement and this thread has been very useful also for me towards decision making for my would-be first car.

1. ZXI comes with 180/70 R14 tyres whereas VXI comes with 165/80 R14. So, ZXI tyres are wider and thicker. Also ZXI has ABS and airbag which would be additional mass(a fact, no offence to safety factor they provide).

mileage impact would be minimal to non existent.

2. In ZXI, is it possible to exchange the default ICE(esp Speakers) and Alloys with ones of my choice at the dealership itself at some minimal additional cost?

Please try not to change alloys at the dealer's. They would often charge a ridiculous amount compared to after market stores. Get them changed from some good after market shop. Only make sure that the size/width (eg: 14" 6J) is correct.

I guess the Ritz zxi comes with on board ICE, and if you want to change that you require changing the whole console (by replacing with a lxi/vxi console). In that case you would have required dealer's assistance, but as you are only up to changing speakers - a good after market store can offer you more variety at reasonable pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool.aquarian (Post 1581674)

Thanks. I am glad that my thread has been of some help to you too.

Quote:

Negligible. Don't worry about it.

Quote:

Regarding ICE, I suggest you don't tamper with the HU. You can replace the speaker anytime and add some amp or woofers. I am not the right person though. Search the forums.

Regarding alloys, you can change them to your liking anytime. Don't go for the dealer's choice. Talk to some good tyre/alloy shop in your city, they will give you very good deal.

I plan to go to Mandovi, lavelle road today. Then will compare the deals between them and Pratham. Let's see how it goes. Plan to book the car this weekend itself.

Finally, I have booked my very own first car - A black Ritz Zxi :Cheering:. Expected delivery date is 10th December. Booked the car with Pratham. Basic accessories will be provided as free - Floor mats, dicky mat, mud flaps, ganesha idol, perfume. 10% discount on rest of the accessories and Rs 2000/- discount on the same. Mandovi did match the offer from Pratham, but with a constraint that I should buy accessories worth 10,000/-. As Pratham is very close to my house and my future office, went ahead with them.

Now, guys help me out with accessories I plan to do.
  1. Sun film - dealer quoted 3500 for side and rear glass. Brand is some - Nanolux 40 (he said sister concern of V-kool).
  2. Seat covers - dealer quoted 5500 for art leather and 7500 for luster (what is this luster, haven't heard about this before).
  3. Teflon coating (don't know if it's really required) - 4000, brand is Dupont
  4. Under chassis treatment - 4500, brand is Dupont again.
Please give suggestions for these accessories.

P.S. - There will be 10% discount + Rs 2000/- flat discount on the total bill on accessories.

Congratulations Friend. Can't go wrong with the RITZ. What's the on-road price??

Accessories part:

Nanolux?? (Never heard) see if he has other brands like Llumar, You can get it done with the dealer itself, As they are offering a good discount (same with the seat covers).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 1582973)
  1. Sun film - dealer quoted 3500 for side and rear glass. Brand is some - Nanolux 40 (he said sister concern of V-kool).
  2. Seat covers - dealer quoted 5500 for art leather and 7500 for luster (what is this luster, haven't heard about this before).
  3. Teflon coating (don't know if it's really required) - 4000, brand is Dupont
  4. Under chassis treatment - 4500, brand is Dupont again.
Please give suggestions for these accessories.

P.S. - There will be 10% discount + Rs 2000/- flat discount on the total bill on accessories.

Gandhi
First and foremost congrats on your new car.
1 & 2 : could I suggest that in car decor shops I know where in mumbai and Calcutta but not in Bangalore you can get a far better and a wider option of brands, varieties and costs to choose from. Typically say for example I got black leather seats with red pipings wherever I wanted. You know what I mean

3. I think Team-BHP does not support teflon coating cause if there's a scratch in the body then coating get removed and forms a local cell with accelerated corrosion process. (experts : do correct me if I'm wrong)

4. Under chassis treatment : go for it from the dealer. cause IMO that's the best option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhegde (Post 1583292)
Congratulations Friend. Can't go wrong with the RITZ. What's the on-road price??

Thanks. On-road price is 5,67,486/- including 3rd and 4th year extended warranty.

Quote:

As they are offering a good discount (same with the seat covers).
Actually there is a catch here too. They told me that they won't charge me the 12.5% tax on the bill (that's how they are claiming the discount) + 2000/-.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampire (Post 1583308)
Gandhi
First and foremost congrats on your new car.
1 & 2 : could I suggest that in car decor shops I know where in mumbai and Calcutta but not in Bangalore you can get a far better and a wider option of brands, varieties and costs to choose from. Typically say for example I got black leather seats with red pipings wherever I wanted. You know what I mean

Thanks. I am waiting for the Bangaloreans to suggest me reliable shops.

Quote:

3. I think Team-BHP does not support teflon coating cause if there's a scratch in the body then coating get removed and forms a local cell with accelerated corrosion process. (experts : do correct me if I'm wrong)
Yes, I have read that on the teflon coating thread. Still waiting for the gurus to answer. Does a black car need extra protection? I know about the maintaining part.

Quote:

4. Under chassis treatment : go for it from the dealer. cause IMO that's the best option.
Is 4500/- from Dupont a decent quote? I have absolutely no idea about these prices.

Congratulations on booking your own first car. :)

Zxi already comes fully loaded, very few accessories would be required additionally.

I would suggest only these accessories to be fitted at the dealer:
1. Gear lock
2. Under chassis treatment

Avoid the teflon coating, unless it is a freebie.

Sun film and seat covers would be cheaper if purchased outside the dealership.

Go for RTO approved sun film. Llumar and 3M are reputed brands. V-kool is the best for front windsheild.

Rohan,
Bangalore

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 1582973)
  1. Teflon coating (don't know if it's really required) - 4000, brand is Dupont

This is about Teflon coating. You can go for it without any problem, nothing serious on this. But make sure that the teflon coating is not applied on windscreen and the windows. This can lead to major problems. In our case, some over enthusiastic humans did teflon coating on all the car including front and rear windscreen and windows.

Problem there after is that its not very easy to clean the glass. I have tried every thing from potato stuff to newspaper to 3M glass cleaner, but none of them have helped. This is dangerous during night driving. Even after 4 years now, this has not gone fully.

Just take care that Teflon coating is not done on windscreen and windows.

Welcome to the Ritzee club.

You can view the MGA accessories for Ritz here .

I got the Anti-corrosive underbody coating done prior to the delivery of the vehicle by Sagar Automobiles for Rs.2481/75p. I presume they used the Regular listed in the MGA.

P.T.F.E acrylic paint protective Sealant coat was done by them during the first sevice after a month. For wagon-R, Omni, Swift and Ritz it costs Rs.3400/- with a three year warranty. Brand:Poliyon; Website: Poliyon; Manufactured by a Bangalore firm under licence.