Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 16:07   #46
Senior - BHPian

Older daewoos were pretty good quality wise - and hyundai / daewoo are both korean companies, so one can expect almost the same quality.
Old 14th January 2010, 11:37   #47
BHPian

I would suggest you go with the below 3 cars as of today:
1. i10
2. A-star
3. Spark

You TD these 3 cars with your family and then take a decision based on your preferences. I am suggesting A-star as it has Maruti's A** and you can get the top-end version with ABS & Airbags under your budget. Don't compromise on security features IMO and go for a car which has ABS and Airbags.

One more reason why I would prefer A-star is because it has a much more futuristic design as compared to a i10 or a Spark.

Cheers!
Old 17th January 2010, 06:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

For most of the things you mentioned, the Beat seems to have the bases covered. You can have the top of the line Beat within your budget.
Old 17th January 2010, 07:59   #49
BHPian

Ritz is my recco!

If your family members don't mind the design, I would recommend the Ritz. Its tallboy design is suited for the elders in your family and is very easy to drive. Both the engines (petrol and diesel) are fantastic and you shouldn't have a problem with that!!!
Old 17th January 2010, 08:43   #50
BHPian

Chevy Beat = Your new car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
For most of the things you mentioned, the Beat seems to have the bases covered. You can have the top of the line Beat within your budget.
I agree completely. The Beat sounds like exactly what you want.
The car is sturdy, well built, will give great mileage, is small so its great for in city driving as well as parking. And from what most reviewers have mentioned, the engine is peppy as well. Add to it the funky good looks of the car & you have a winner.

Further, the top end is within your budget, comes with ABS & Airbags like you want, heck, you even get climate control & a great maintenance package from Chevy which gives you piece of mind for 3 years & no further expenses apart from fuel.

The only thing that is debatable is whether everyone in your family will like the bike like instrument cluster. Else, the car is a godsend for you
Old 17th January 2010, 10:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
The only thing that is debatable is whether everyone in your family will like the bike like instrument cluster. Else, the car is a godsend for you
Is this a thing to worry about? With my experience I doubt if my mom, wifey any one even have bothered to look into the speedo and instrument console other than me. So I guess it should be left to the drivers liking, he finds it confortable its
Old 17th January 2010, 10:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
agree completely. The Beat sounds like exactly what you want.
The car is sturdy, well built, will give great mileage, is small so its great for in city driving as well as parking. And from what most reviewers have mentioned, the engine is peppy as well. Add to it the funky good looks of the car & you have a winner.

Further, the top end is within your budget, comes with ABS & Airbags like you want, heck, you even get climate control & a great maintenance package from Chevy which gives you piece of mind for 3 years & no further expenses apart from fuel.

that was exactly what i was thinking

I had requested for TD 1 week before from sundaram motors and i am yet to hear from them again
Old 18th January 2010, 11:30   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
that was exactly what i was thinking
I had requested for TD 1 week before from sundaram motors and i am yet to hear from them again
Give them a call again or ask another dealer for a test drive. Some dealers are not that thorough with a follow up. As in most cases in India, the customer has to run behind the seller to get the sale instead of the other way around
Old 18th January 2010, 15:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am in the same boat all of a sudden and I am yet to start TD. I was thinking should I wait for Figo?

The car is for my Mum and that she herself drives and is chauffeur driven sometimes. She does not like the shape of Ritz; As for i10 she sat in someone's car and complained of bouncy ride. :( I still have asked for TD of Ritz/i10/Beat/Swift with K series engine.

The car's monthly run will be 1000 km in city and highway 50:50.
Old 23rd January 2010, 01:48   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Guys I am in the same boat all of a sudden and I am yet to start TD. I was thinking should I wait for Figo?

The car is for my Mum and that she herself drives and is chauffeur driven sometimes. She does not like the shape of Ritz; As for i10 she sat in someone's car and complained of bouncy ride. :( I still have asked for TD of Ritz/i10/Beat/Swift with K series engine.

The car's monthly run will be 1000 km in city and highway 50:50.
The new swift would be a good buy.
Old 26th January 2010, 07:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

After GTO's review of the Figo, I would say wait for it's launch. If the pricing is good, I would rate it higher than the Beat (I recommended the Beat earlier).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks