Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 14:54   #1

Vista or Xeta?

Had a visit to BU Bhandari, wanted to show Indica Vista to my wife. She was pretty impressed with the space. But we were in for a shock when we sat in the Xeta and found that it has more legroom for the rear passengers.

I know now I have a monumental task ahead of me to convince my wife to avoid the Xeta. She is in no mood to listen.

Should I really avoid the Xeta and go for Vista. Or I ignore the numerous threads on Xeta and go ahead and please my wife.
Old 24th January 2010, 20:57   #2
BHPian

Hi amsang, I would go for a Vista (I guess you are looking for petrol car) anyday. Reasons -
first of all who says Xeta has more leg room than Vista? This is the stats -

Front leg room (max/min) - 1180/1015 mm (vista); 1080/915 (xeta)
Rear knee room (max/min) - 910/705 mm (vista); 750/640 (xeta)
L X W X H - 3795 X 1695 X 1550 mm (vista); 3675 X 1665 X 1485 mm (xeta)
Wheelbase - 2470 mm (vista); 2400 mm (xeta)
Head room (F/R) - 960/915 mm (vista); 910/955 mm (xeta)
Power - 71 PS (vista safire); 65 PS (xeta)
Torque - 135 Nm (vista safire); 102 Nm (xeta)
Look - Contemporary (vista); Indica Taxi image (xeta)

I guess now it will be easier to convince your better half for Vista. Invest your hard earned money in the best way.
Old 24th January 2010, 21:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

if your better half likes the xeta, try getting one second hand. they have next to zero resale
Old 24th January 2010, 21:29   #4

Thanks Gaddiwale, You can imagine my plight at the showroom. With all research done and all the reading of threads of BHPians, I had actually shortlisted Vista Saffire Aura. I think I should have a re visit to the showroom. Maybe, just maybe I might not have taken the Front seat all the way back. (I just hope) otherwise, I might just bulldoze my way through with Vista.

And thanks for you view greenhorn, I was hoping you might reply to my query. Second hand is out of question, since the only criteria of mine selecting a car is space and ofcourse the choice is between a Maruti or Tata. (more for the later). But I get the cue. Avoid the Xeta!

Last edited by amsang : 24th January 2010 at 21:49.
Old 25th January 2010, 13:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

amsang, its just that there are better options. I doubt if the numbers will make any difference to what the lady feels. Alternately, how about the getz prime ?
Or if she insists on the xeta, try talking her into buying the indigo CS petrol ( since the sedans hold resale much better), or try getting a significant ( 30K or more) discount. Else its just not worth it.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Just the numbers given by @gaddiwale is enough for you to go for Vista. Probably when your wife sat on vista the front seat was oulled back and that is the reason she found it small at the back. As @greenhorn says Xeta has a taxi image. But anyday it is Vista and it is a VFM car
Old 25th January 2010, 16:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
As @greenhorn says Xeta has a taxi image.
I never said that! In fact, I have the opposite view. I've spent pages of posts trying to fight exactly THAT idea!
Old 26th January 2010, 08:50   #8

I have managed to convince my wife, not to go for the Xeta. I also spoke to some works manager of Swati Autolink, Ahmedabad. He mentions that of all the Quadrajets they have sold, none have given problems whatsoever.
He also recommended me to go off the Xeta, since there are some problems going on in the factory. But says it is still value for money as I might get a Xeta for huge cash discounts.
I have yet to re-visit the showroom, but the works manager confirmed to me that there is indeed more space in the Xeta.

@ greenhorn ..Oh I would love to upgrade from the hatchback, but continue to resist the temptation, But if it is, it will only be going to be a Logan or Indigo Marina.
Old 26th January 2010, 09:43   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Points that will guaranteed work in convincing your wife:

1. "Vista has better ride quality, thus your mother will be more comfortable when she visits."

2. "Vista is a newer product, hence much safer, for our child (or soon-to-come)."

3. "Vista will enjoy more status. The Xeta is now used by cabbies "

Really, guaranteed results
Old 26th January 2010, 10:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Vista. Vista. Vista. Vista. Dont even think of the Xeta now. Though they might sound similar thats where the similarity ends. Vista has got
more space,
more comfortable on bad roads,
more better handling,
more better fixed together,
more modern engine,
more power to play with,
more newer car,
more modern looks,
more snob value,
more Value for Money...

..now if thats not a list enough to convince your wife i guess it should be a choice of wife against Vista but surely not Vista against Xeta. (just kidding)
Old 26th January 2010, 10:40   #11
BHPian

For me in first place there should not be a comparison between XETA and VISTA, unless for a CAB driver. VISTA is a technologically far superior product than XETA. Your wife might not be able to figure out externally, so you can blindly suppress your wife's views and go for VISTA, if you are the one who can handle the women fury.
Old 26th January 2010, 10:50   #12
Team-BHP Support

I have been driving an Indica Xeta(P) for past 15 days(no i don't own it) but the driving itself leaves a lot to be desired,
there is just no juice below 3500rpm and she is redlined at 5000rpm and post 4500rpm she doesn't like getting revved and is pretty vocal(not enthusiast mode but gruff)
gearbox too isn't that perfect slotting, reverse takes an effort

^^the car has barely done 1500kms and was brought by a guy who couldn't get an Alto financed(had advised him a santro/i10/Beat though)
though am a newbie but use revs more(shift @9000-10000rpm in motorcycles)

Last edited by Sheel : 26th January 2010 at 10:55.
Old 26th January 2010, 21:20   #13
BHPian

This is a no brainer according to me, it has to be the Vista, my brother's got one in the petrol varient, and it's fantastic.
Old 19th February 2010, 23:27   #14

I wish to thank everyone for their inputs. I have finally zeroed onto the Safire Aura.
I might sway a bit towards the Aqua TDi. Its a good VFM option. I would definitely prefer the homegrown TDi engine as compared to the foreign beauty, safire.
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

The Xeta is pretty poorly put together and I am speaking from personal experience as we have a sparingly used Xeta in our family. It not even 3 years old and looks at least 6-7 years old. If it has to be a TATA, I hope the new Vista is at least better in quality if not anything else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks