- i20 (1.2 Asta)
- Punto (1.2/1.4/diesel)
- Beat (petrol)
- Figo (petrol/diesel)
- Polo (petrol)
- Vista (petrol/diesel)
- Manza (petrol)
- Fiesta (petrol)
If uniqueness ans smart looks are the priority, i10 is clearly not the bet, IMO. Its uniqueness has gone, seeing too many on the roads. Even the good-at-first-sight i20 seems boring nowadays. This is a general problem of Hyundai cars, IMO.

Polo and Figo looks plain for me. Beat looks quirky, but Punto is the best bet, considering its looks and sales.
Old 12th March 2010, 15:56   #32
BHPian

Moradabad has following authorised service center.
Hyundai
Tata
Maruti
I have seen people coming down to Delhi/NCR Region for servicing as its only 150 km distance.
Old 13th March 2010, 10:40   #33
Team-BHP Support

First ask your friend to find out who are the dealers available in his area? Based on that lets make a suggestion. Else it will lead to nowhere. For that price range, Jazz/i20 would be nice, but again subject to condition that you get a dealer and service.

Last edited by ampere : 13th March 2010 at 10:43.
Old 13th March 2010, 20:15   #34
BHPian

Based on requirements: +1 vote for the i20 Asta 1.2.

Have one, love the interiors and feature set, no problems whatsoever, great for driving around in the city and sufficiently quick for the occasional highway run.
Old 14th March 2010, 08:42   #35
BHPian

Bhpian friend,
I would recommend you Hyundai-I20asta.
I have finished 11000kms smooth & silk drive in it.
Old 14th March 2010, 09:32   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Update

My friend went to the Hyundai dealer for a TD of the i20 Automatic. The dealer has apparently never had one in his showroom ever, and the sales advisor tried his hardest to convince my friend not to buy this car. He is waiting to come to Delhi and TD one in the near future, convinced by the overwhelmingly positive response on this forum towards it.

He has also taken a look at the Punto at Moradabad. Liked it, but he is now inclined towards the Automatic i20 Petrol 1.4L because his wife feels she might be more comfortable driving it too.

I presume a Punto Auto is not in the pipeline somewhere?
Old 14th March 2010, 10:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Motor plaza, mathura road has a TD car of the i20 automatic in berry red colour. and they also have one model on display inside the showroom in leaf green colour, the same model that was showcased at the auto expo.
Old 14th March 2010, 10:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

I'd choose the below cars at 7.5 Lacs - In no order of importance - just my choice -

i20 - all variants - depending on what he wants

VW Polo - Have not driven one yet BUT looks so good !

Fiesta Petrol 1.6 - Nice engine and fun to drive. Sedan in Hatch money. Obviously a base variant. As top end Model would cost 8 Lacs and above I think.
Old 14th March 2010, 11:50   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Hyundai Motor plaza, mathura road has a TD car of the i20 automatic...
Thanks for the info, Sid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I'd choose the below cars at 7.5 Lacs - In no order of importance - just my choice -
Quote:
i20 - all variants - depending on what he wants

That is under active consideration

Quote:
VW Polo - Have not driven one yet BUT looks so good !

Since one of the issues has been dealer/service availability in Moradabad, VW has been ruled out. With the nearest A$$ in Delhi, over 4 hours away, and the car not likely to be put to anything more than intra-city use in Moradabad, the need is for manufacturers with a presence in Moradabad. Hyundai and Fiat-Tata fit the bill (apart from Maruti - which he is not so keen on) - so the choice between i20 and Punto.

Quote:
Fiesta Petrol 1.6 - Nice engine and fun to drive. Sedan in Hatch money. Obviously a base variant. As top end Model would cost 8 Lacs and above I think

Again, no dealers in Moradabad or the Figo would have been a contender. The Fiesta is dated, and the friend specifically wants something that looks smart (read: modern and not so common), so the Fiesta is out by a long distance.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 14th March 2010 at 11:51.
Old 19th March 2010, 23:35   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The dealer has apparently never had one in his showroom ever, and the sales advisor tried his hardest to convince my friend not to buy this car.
Met up with the friend, and it appears that the SA at the Hyundai Moradabad dealership practically warned him not to buy the i20 Automatic because there are no trained personnel or equipment in their workshop to service the model, and that he would have to take it to Delhi to get it serviced.

How far can this be true? Is Hyundai selling a car which its dealer(s) is/are not equipped or trained to service? Can any dealer of any car not be so equipped and trained? Can you think of any other examples? And what should be done - would writing to HMIL help or just make matters worse?

The friend is definitely interested in an automatic, but has become very apprehensive of future service availability nearby because of the SA's comment.
Old 19th March 2010, 23:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

i-20/Santro autos have a good reputation for reliability. I would'nt worry about frequent service of any kind other than checking fluild. I think first fluid change comes up in 2-3 years.

In a small town (low traffic) you can even expect good FE.

Quote:
Met up with the friend, and it appears that the SA at the Hyundai Moradabad dealership practically warned him not to buy the i20 Automatic because there are no trained personnel or equipment in their workshop to service the model, and that he would have to take it to Delhi to get it serviced.

How far can this be true? Is Hyundai selling a car which its dealer(s) is/are not equipped or trained to service? Can any dealer of any car not be so equipped and trained? Can you think of any other examples? And what should be done - would writing to HMIL help or just make matters worse?

The friend is definitely interested in an automatic, but has become very apprehensive of future service availability nearby because of the SA's comment.
Old 20th March 2010, 00:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Best example : Maruti and the early 3-speed A/T gearbox.

Quote:
Don't be so apprehensive. Automatics really aren't that much of a hassle.
Old 20th March 2010, 01:40   #43
BHPian

i20! A great mix of all that is your friends priority. We booked one based on the same requirements. Look at my thread....
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ns-choice.html
Old 20th March 2010, 02:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Well the SA may have a point. If you check Hyundai website, they list Arjun Vasu Hyundai as only a "emergency road service" centre, but not as a "Authorised Service Centre". So there may be a difference in training to service personnel for different kind of service centres.
Old 20th March 2010, 02:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

Similarly, I also checked FIAT website. They do not list Shree Balaji Autowheels as a dealer or a service provider. So you may want to confirm with the company who you are actually dealing with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks