Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 12:02   #1
BHPian

Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo

I have seen posts comparing the Figo with nearly every other small car such as Polo, Swift & Punto I guess. I'm surprised why no one has done a side by side comparison of a Figo with a vista.

So I thought, I may as well do it as this would be another dilemma that a lot of us commeners' like me would go through.

Why vista? Let me give a few reasons.

1. Ford Diesel 1.4 titanium and TATA vista aura+ are in the same price range. 6.22 vrs 6.2 respectively.
2. Both boast of good interior space and feel.
3. Both have very good engines and make sense to the buyer in this segment, thanks to their economy and comfort.
4. Both come loaded with ABS and airbags.
5. Both have similar tyre options and hence good road grip.
6. I presume that the maintainence should be comparable for both the vehicles. This again is an assumption at this stage.

With so many points being similar what are the differences. Here goes
1. Most obviously handling. Figo wins hands down
2. plastics and build. Figo wins again (I presume)
3. A.S.S. This is where TATA negates the other differences and turns the tide in its own favor.
4. Waiting period. A friend of mine just got his vista in 5 days flat and with Figo we have heard so many issues in delaying delivery. So again Vista wins again
5. Tata comes with rear power window as well, which the Figo doesn't

Though i'm still convinced, Figo is a better buy, i just want the opinion of other team-bhpians so that I confirm my doubts.

Mods, I have checked the forum and haven't found one on one comparison for both of there vehicles, hence started this post.
Old 24th May 2010, 16:43   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
1. Ford Diesel 1.4 titanium and TATA vista aura+ are in the same price range. 6.22 vrs 6.2 respectively.
2. Both boast of good interior space and feel.
3. Both have very good engines and make sense to the buyer in this segment, thanks to their economy and comfort.
4. Both come loaded with ABS and airbags.
5. Both have similar tyre options and hence good road grip.
6. I presume that the maintainence should be comparable for both the vehicles. This again is an assumption at this stage.

1. Most obviously handling. Figo wins hands down
3. A.S.S. This is where TATA negates the other differences and turns the tide in its own favor.
4. Waiting period. A friend of mine just got his vista in 5 days flat and with Figo we have heard so many issues in delaying delivery. So again Vista wins again
5. Tata comes with rear power window as well, which the Figo doesn't

Though i'm still convinced, Figo is a better buy, i just want the opinion of other team-bhpians so that I confirm my doubts.

Mods, I have checked the forum and haven't found one on one comparison for both of there vehicles, hence started this post.
Good Post!.. I was thinking along the same lines. Although, I am tilting in favor of Indica Vista.

Here is why,

Figo is noisy. It does not do proper sound proofing. Even the petrol engine noise seeps into the cabin. I am sure, you can hear diesel clatter along as well.

FIAT diesel engine in Indica (75 PS in 4000 RPM) is more powerful than FIGO(69PS at 4000 RPM).

With FIAT Drive train and engine, Vista's driveability has improved tremendously.

Both FIGO and Vista offer good rear seat comfort. But Vista leg room is better.

Plastic quality - except the interior door handles, I would say, Indica vista interiors are better than Figo. Just Go and see it for yourself.

Features - Vista is more feature packed than Ford (including the all important rear power windows).

For me, I would buy Vista over Ford.
Old 24th May 2010, 16:45   #3
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

My Vote goes to the Vista Aura +.

Better Features, and Better Space - than the Figo. Figo - yes better reliability and stability. All other things being equal would always choose the Indian car even at a slight premium. Fiat engine in the vista is the most proven engine in India, and car spares will be a breeze compared to any other car.
Old 24th May 2010, 16:59   #4
BHPian

Read the post by a Maruti fan who has switched to Indica.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...p-faith-2.html
Old 24th May 2010, 17:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Good comparison. One I think a lot of people will benefit from (including me). Waiting for some enlightenment from the owners, people who've test driven both cars, and of course, the Gurus.
Old 24th May 2010, 17:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen posts comparing the Figo with nearly every other small car such as Polo, Swift & Punto I guess. I'm surprised why no one has done a side by side comparison of a Figo with a vista.
I fully agree with you. The Vista has always been neglected in many comparisons, because I guess it is wrongly perceived to be a cheap ( read inferior) car which does not deserve a comparison with the biggies .
IMO the Vista is a better buy compared to the Figo, because it offers unmatched space and comfort , features, along with the proven Fiat engine.
Yes, it does suffer from reliability issues, but thankfully the cost of servicing is low. To sum up, there is no 'wow factor' with the car, but still it offers almost every thing that the typical hatchback owner would ask for.
Old 24th May 2010, 18:07   #7
BHPian

Vista is highly underrated car in India. I own Vista Aura QJD and have completed more than 43,000 kms in the span of 1.5 years. Still car feels new and drives like new.
If I compare it with Figo, Vista has better space and comfort. Tata A.S.S has improved considerably and I can assure you great treatment from the service centers. With Tata Service Edge program you will find at least one good person in TASS who is very technically sound in automobile sector.

Following are the points which makes Vista better
1) I think interior is better in Vista
2) Silent Diesel hatch
3) Fiat Heart
4) Tata Service
5) Spare parts are dirt cheap. Even cheaper than old Indica V2

Last edited by sushantr5 : 24th May 2010 at 18:11.
Old 24th May 2010, 19:45   #8
Team-BHP Support

One the space front, I thought Vista was way bigger than Figo.
Is it not so?

Its just the feel good factor of Ford, which may pull public towards them as compared to Tata.
Old 24th May 2010, 19:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankaranand View Post
Figo is noisy. I am sure, you can hear diesel clatter along as well.
I have to respectfully disagree. The Figo is quieter at 60 to 70 than the Manza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
One the space front, I thought Vista was way bigger than Figo.
Is it not so?
Yes. The passenger space is more in Vista. But the boot space in Figo is bigger. The Figo has a better balanced passenger / boot space utilisation.

Two test drives in Vista - the ride seemed inferior to the Figo's. Could be the particular cars, but could not convince my wife for the Vista.
Old 24th May 2010, 20:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Two test drives in Vista - the ride seemed inferior to the Figo's. Could be the particular cars, but could not convince my wife for the Vista.
May be the TD cars had some problems, but still, Iam surprised . The Vista is supposed to have the best ride among the hatch backs, after the Punto / Polo / Fabia.
Old 24th May 2010, 20:51   #11
BHPian

I'd give the Tata a miss for some more years before I'd consider getting them. They are getting better with every release.

So if you're putting your hard earned money on the line, better to go for the better brand.
Old 24th May 2010, 20:52   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Vista build is comparable equal if not better but plastics in Vista are much better. Figo plastics feel like the ones in Indica V2, hard and shiny.
But I agree that these two real VFM cars, you can't go wrong with either, you will surely save money over others and put to some good use
Old 24th May 2010, 20:55   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
May be the TD cars had some problems, but still, Iam surprised . The Vista is supposed to have the best ride among the hatch backs, after the Punto / Polo / Fabia.
well it is supposed to !

But it just doesn't cut the cake. i have driven 2 different vista aura TD vehicles and both the time i was extremely dissatisfied with the way the car handled as well as it felt at the steering.

some how i felt i was trying to manuevere a giant elephant through narrow bylanes of some megacity menace.

on the other hand, the FIGO just felt right at all the points.
the TDCI engine although not that good on paper, yet i was able to floor it to the max of 155kmph without the car breaking any sweat and me loosing its control.

as far as i am concerned, Vista might be a good car, but if compared to figo it just doesn`t cut it.

PS:
this views are just mine and mine, no offense is intended to anyone by the same

warm regards
Old 24th May 2010, 21:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Isn't TATA giving any discount on Vista?
I think they do, at least 25K if I'm not wrong.

I would pick up Vista Aura + over Figo as its comfortable enough for 5 adults and getting in and out is better then Figo.

IMO plastic quality is better then Figo but not the fit and finish.
Old 24th May 2010, 23:10   #15
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 25th May 2010 at 17:39.
mail.jaiswal is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks