Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 19:03   #16
BHPian

I think you should also add good all-round visibility and drive-ability to your selection criteria. I wouldn't recommend the Ritz in most cases, but for this requirement I don't see any alternative other than an i10.
Old 18th June 2010, 19:20   #17
BHPian

u_chill-i found the I10 too cramped and over priced which is why it isn't part of my shortlisted cars
Old 18th June 2010, 22:34   #18
BANNED

Since its for elders i suggest you go for the sapcious India Vista or Wagon R.

Though this is not in your list it is worth considering (diesel one)

Figo and Ritz dont have a good seating position in back.
Old 18th June 2010, 23:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
I did take a drive of the wagonR but found the ride quality to be rather prone to bounce. Should I try a different test vehicle?

tata vehicles are not being considered because I don't want service hassles later. this is their car, I don't want to be responsible for the maintenance.

the wagonR high varient is about 4.5 on road whereas the ritz is 5.5,the figo 4.75.

I have read through all your comments again,keeping these in mind I will take another look at the wagonR.

meanwhile,pick between the figo and the wagonR,the price difference is about 30k.
The next time you test drive the Wagon R do ensure that
1. It is the new version with the bluish headlamps & the extended wheelbase
2. Get the tire pressure checked from a good tire shop even if you have to tip the tire guy. Usually the test drive vehicles have tires inflated beyond belief.

Having said that between the Wagon R and the Figo, the Figo has the better ride because of a better suspension. Also since now you have shortlisted the two final cars, so this brings us to the last point.

3. Get the two test drive cars home, get your grandparents to ride in the back and take the car on a couple of routes that they would drive on in everyday life, to the local temple, market, bank, club, office etc etc. You can never go wrong with this test and they will appreciate the gesture.

Last edited by khoj : 18th June 2010 at 23:45.
Old 19th June 2010, 01:11   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

@sukrit - How about a nearly new Honda Jazz?
I saw an ad for one in Mumbai for Rs. 6,55,000 done only 11,000km! This is without bargaining. I am sure that in Delhi that since used car prices are lower, you might find one within your budget. The car is a tall boy, with a fuel efficient engine, honda reliability, fully loaded with safety features, and much bigger than the other cars.
Frankly speaking I am 6'2" and was not very impressed with the leg space in the Ritz. I am sure it will be the same for the Figo, as in the fiesta with me driving, and an average height friend in the back, I could feel his knees!
However, if you want only new, the Ritz would be a better choice. Reason being tall boy design.

I was not very impressed with the WagonR and felt that the Ritz offered more value than the WagonR as it has a better engine, more space, and feels much more upmarket.
Old 19th June 2010, 14:15   #21
BHPian

@khoj- Drove a WagonR again, just don't find the drive impressive and it's rather expensive, I think it's better to put in 50k more and get the ritz.

I've taken all the cars to my grandparents house and they've liked the ritz the most.

@lambo- Agreed, I too wasn't very impressed by the WagonR.
Don't want to risk a second hand car, I want their experience to be absolutely trouble free.
Have decided on the Ritz.

Final price, 5.05, on road delhi.
Old 19th June 2010, 14:53   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on the decision, Sukrit! Best wishes to your grandparents for a long and enjoyable ownership.

Comfort is a very personal thing and if they are happy with the Ritz, that's what counts.

I had checked the WagonR and the Ritz back to back and found the Ritz better overall (Ride and build quality, premium feel) although the WagonR is a good package at that price.
Old 19th June 2010, 15:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats sukrit! Good choice

So which model did you zoom in on?
Old 19th June 2010, 16:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@khoj- Drove a WagonR again, just don't find the drive impressive and it's rather expensive, I think it's better to put in 50k more and get the ritz.

I've taken all the cars to my grandparents house and they've liked the ritz the most.

Hey Congratulations, do post pictures once you have the car.

Ciao.
Old 19th June 2010, 17:59   #25
BHPian

Thanku guys.
it's a silver zxi.

the waiting period is 1 month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks