Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2005, 22:06   #1
BHPian

Corsa Sail as a used car.

Always like the opel cars in india. Somehow ended up buying the NHC a year ago.

Trying to see if can go for a Smaller used car. How would you rate the Sail as an overall package..I know tha fact that GM cars cost more on spares..

But, i feel it might be a good car for bangalore!!

Any idea how much a 1-2 year sail would cost... Open to other comments/suggestions.
Old 5th November 2005, 23:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

u can get a 1.4 sail for around 2.6 in good condition ...bit more for the 1.6...
its a great car to own .. pleasure to drive ..
but with the New Aveo coming ..i think they will stop the sail/corsa production...
Old 5th November 2005, 23:36   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel
But, i feel it might be a good car for bangalore!!
Yeah, now with all those new pot holes, the car suits this city more than ever...
Old 6th November 2005, 06:17   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey i heard navins(tbhp mod and our resident audio guru) friends sail is up for sale..so if its not a big hassle why dont u PM him and check it out..though the car is registered in bombay but i heard its very well maintained..
Old 6th November 2005, 23:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
but with the New Aveo coming ..i think they will stop the sail/corsa production...
hey man i bought a new corsa this dassera - asked showroom guys in pune about dis-continuation of corsa - they said the production will be stopped but spares will be available without any problems - i guess there's some rule stating that company has to keep spares for 7 years minimum - dont know in details about it - but then spares wont be a problem i guess
Old 7th November 2005, 00:00   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
hey i heard navins(tbhp mod and our resident audio guru) friends sail is up for sale..so if its not a big hassle why dont u PM him and check it out..though the car is registered in bombay but i heard its very well maintained..
my wife's sail is not for sale. wont be for a while. my astra will go first as soon as skoda's fabia becomes available locally.

besides being well maintained it has infinity speakers with modded XO in the front driven by a bridged velocity amp. the sound is soo smooooth!

A coconut fell on it a few weeks back so it got a dent on the roof but that will be fixed by jan 1st (we will be on holiday dec 15-jan 5th). I keep records of such things so the future buyer is aware.

funny but my wife wanted a car smaller than the NHC and wanted her to have a car larger than a zen (in fact I wanted her to get an NHC CVT) so she got the sail (other option at the time were the Palio and Indica). Then she drove my nephew's NHC CVT and loved it so much she wished she could reverse her decision.

Last edited by navin : 7th November 2005 at 00:02.
Old 8th November 2005, 10:10   #7
BHPian

Sail is a nice car to own solid and well built
FE about 8-9 and you are right my friend GM cost higher on spares..
not a pleasure to drive like the 1.6 palio (closest competitor for sail)

you should get a 2 year model for 2.40 Lakhs and upwards ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks