Team-BHP - Indigo or Getz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Indigo or Getz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/8943-indigo-getz.html)

Hi all,
We are planning to buy a new car. Narrowed it down to either Hyundai Getz or a Tata Indigo. I went to Advaith Hyundai and test drove the Getz, I liked everything about the car. I am planning to buy the GVS model which is about Rs. 5.28 lacs. They are throwing in a mp3 player and remote locking for this price, they said usually this is not included but some special going on this month. I haven't test driven or gone to a Tata Indigo dealer yet. We are looking to buy the petrol version of the Indigo LX model. I don't know the price on this, if it is too much above 5.3 lacs, we may not consider it. What I liked about Indigo better than Getz is that there is trunk space available.

Does anyone have comments on which to buy, Please give feedback on :
1. Fuel efficiency of Getz vs Indigo.
2. Maintenence costs.
3. Resale value.
4. Any issues in long term ownership of the two

Thanks.

JR

We have a Getz since Feb 05, done about 7000 km. No issues so far, all services have been free, incl. consumables. In fact I have taken the car only for recommended service, have not had to take it in otherwise. FE is abt 11.5 km/litre with AC and 60% city driving. It's a great car, and impeccable service from Hyundai.

1> FE of Getz and Indigo should be comparable or very slightly in favour of the Getz
2> Maintenance - I doubt if you stick to normal service etc any of the 2 give too many problems.
3> Resale I am not sure about
4> again none of them have been in the market longer than 3 years I guess so not much can be said.

Indigo is priced around 5.5 I think for the LX model.
I would recommend the Getz though if you are okay with not having the boot.

To me Getz seems to be a better choice than Indigo. Of course, personal preference differs among people, but still Getz is better in following aspects.

looks
higher seating position
better fuel ecomony
more space

etc. etc.

why don't you look at Ford Fiesta? It would be slightly above Getz, but you get a boot, and the mileage is also better (claimed by dealer). Plus its very quiet and not at all sluggish.

My Getz is 5 months old now.I'm mighty happy with it,although it could do with more power.Before I bought this,I test drove the indigo & was very impressed with the space,comfort ,ride etc,but not much with the gear shift & refinement.The moment I drove Getz,there was no looking back.Absolutely no comparision b/n the two as regards refinement,gear shift, handling , overall quality& driving experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simran
why don't you look at Ford Fiesta? It would be slightly above Getz, but you get a boot, and the mileage is also better (claimed by dealer). Plus its very quiet and not at all sluggish.

A Fiesta would be 6lac up on road.

If you're looking for a Petrol car, Getz it!

[SIZE=2]if you do not require a large boot the gets is the clear choice [/SIZE]

Indigo Petrol will have a very bad resale... i doubt if you can sell it easily also...

JOY RIDER: there is no comparision between these 2, the GETZ anyday is far more better in any terms like , quality, handling, Resale value, performance! FE might be same for both, i dont know FE of Indigo, but my Getz gives me 9kmpl.... okie..this is driven be my mom, so its driven in a very sober way, no draggin, no excessive pulling, but still, due to the city traffics in hyderabad, thats what i get. jus go for it! it will getz u!

CHANDAN: ever heard of the K&N Air filters??? i too thought the getz could use a lil more power, but after putting the K&N Air Filter, its superb now! shows how much a mere air filters makes such a difference to the engine power! for Getz it costs around Rs.3,700/- and well worth each penny spent!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil
ever heard of the K&N Air filters??? i too thought the getz could use a lil more power, but after putting the K&N Air Filter, its superb now! shows how much a mere air filters makes such a difference to the engine power! for Getz it costs around Rs.3,700/- and well worth each penny spent!

Whoa!..does it make such a big difference?..In that case i should get one for my getz too...the car is quite sluggish, and thats the only dissapointing thing about it..

CHANDAN: ever heard of the K&N Air filters??? i too thought the getz could use a lil more power, but after putting the K&N Air Filter, its superb now! shows how much a mere air filters makes such a difference to the engine power! for Getz it costs around Rs.3,700/- and well worth each penny spent![/quote]

Thanks Insane Devil,but are you talking about the drop in filter or the performance one ??
(conical/open pod or whatever )

CHANDAN:
Sidharth_1:

Go for the REPLACEMENT Filter...yea the dropin one... not hte performance one.... it costed me Rs.3,700/- with bill n warranty.

Believe me, u will be happy u spent that amount.! really did make a good difference in my Getz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbasak
but still Getz is better in following aspects.

more space

etc. etc.

Indigo wins hands down in terms of space comparison. Though I dont have the specs with me, traveled in both the cars & thats what I had felt.

In terms of Handling , Performance & finish Indigo cannot be compared with Getz.