Team-BHP - Best Station Wagon in India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Best Station Wagon in India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/9183-best-station-wagon-india.html)

What is/are the best Station Wagon/s in India (either new or used)?

Could you please post your opinions?

I also wonder why some of the earlier cars were withdrawn!

Opel Swing - I always fascinated this nice looking car (surprisingly I couldn't find a comprehensive review of this car in team-bhp)

Fiat Siena Weekend - not much seen on road

Indigo Marina - how'z it?

Baleno estate - looks bulky

Tata Estate - probably India's 1st estate car, just crap now :)

Suggest one more addition to the list (latest one actually)

Skoda Octavia Combi

There arent too many but I think the Marina is quite good.
If your budget is higher I guess the Octavia Combi should be great too but I have never seen any on the roads yet.

Have seen 1/2 Adventures and they look good too.

the earlier models were withdrawn cos Estates have always been a flop in India. None of these models sold in numbers as expected by the manufacturer. Manufacturer's were just toying with the idea of opening up a new segment. It closed as fast as it opened.

Two practical choices, Indigo Marina and Octavia Combi. But the latter costs almost 2.5 times the former. Marina is similar to indigo in almost all respects except for stiffer suspension and slightly better interiors.

Just to be on record, Fiat Adventure 1.6 is still available. (It's different matter that not many are buying it). Great looker and performer!

Indigo Marina Diesel. Nothing interesting about it but, serves the purpose.

Shan2nu

Don't forget the Forestor, probably the best Estate car ever to be launched here.

And before someone says it, No, I don't consider it a softroader.

Any idea why Opel Swing was withdrawn?

One possible reason for Station Wagons' low popularitiy in India is that people tend to prefer SUV/MUV (eg. Qualis, Sumo etc.) over them.

while its not reall a station wagon, I would prefer the forester above all those anyday.

marina comes second as it is the best value for money estate in India currently.

Based on my analysis a couple of months back, the Fiat Adventure is far and away the best station wagon - if you are looking for a station wagon's space with 'almost sport' utility characteristics. The front bull bar, side cladding and the 100 BHP engine apart, there is an indescribable tough, butch look that the Innova can never match. Of course the Innova overmatches the Adventure in other more important areas... The Adventure comes at 558,000 exshowroom price in Chennai.

But if you are looking at just the interior space offered, then the Marina LX (diesel version) is a better buy - what with the new Turbo charged engine with intercooler in the BSIII version.

I understand that Fiat is not having the best of business days presently. So, if you are looking beyond the Adventure and your budget is sub 6 lakhs, go for the Marina. If your budget is between 6 and 8 lakhs, go for the Baleno Altura - its a good looking and powerful estate. The Innova too can fit into this budget comfortably and is arguably the best value for money among the players here. Of course if your pocket allows for it, the Skoda Combi is supposed to be the stuff of legends in the Indian estate segment.

Fusion ?? is it a hatch, estate or an SUV. Even Ford is not sure?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Fusion ?? is it a hatch, estate or an SUV. Even Ford is not sure?

Best described as C o n F u s i o n !

Quote:

Best described as C o n F u s i o n !
HOLY rl: ROTFLMFAO

Thats priceless, msprabhakar

GTO

Lets make this short...
Best station wagon in India?
Here goes

Skoda Octavia Combi L&K - Best stationwagon available.

Indigo Marina Diesel - Most suited stationwagon to Indian conditions.

Skoda Octavia Combi RS - Most Desirable stationwagon.

Drifter