Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2005, 10:45   #1

Need advise on Palio 1.6 sport

Hi all,

I am interested in buying a Palio 1.6 sport (well, atleast that I have decided ). Guys, please advise me whether I should buy a brand new or a second hand ? As I am at Bangalore, can any one tell me where is RAC .?.. I saw in threads palio owners going there for servicing. Also, where can I get a turbo charger and bottom neon lights fitted on it in Blr? Any other suggestions for increasing performance are heartily welcome. ..

Thanks...

Last edited by Dippy : 29th December 2005 at 14:15.
Old 29th December 2005, 10:54   #2
BHPian

Is the Sport 1.6 version still manufactured ? Am not too sure about that. Other members might comment on that.

I am fairly new to Bangalore, but have seen a Fiat showroom on 80 feet road at Koramangala. You may check out that place.
Old 29th December 2005, 11:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Palio 1.6 Sport is back in production.
According to me, if you have enough money, go for the new one; else go for the used one and then you can beef up the car with whatever you want, something like K&N, turbo if you like, etc. I guess the value of 1.6 in the used car market is less than 1.2. So, you can get a good deal for Palio in the used market.
Old 29th December 2005, 11:41   #4
BHPian

DID I HEAR IT RIGHT...
PALIA 1.6 IS FOR 1.2L...
if any please let me know if any avelable in bangalore...
Old 29th December 2005, 11:49   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
DID I HEAR IT RIGHT...
PALIA 1.6 IS FOR 1.2L...
if any please let me know if any avelable in bangalore...
Hey...Deepak meant Palio 1.2 not 1.2 L
Old 29th December 2005, 12:28   #6
Joz
BHPian

Since secondhand palio's come at really attractive prices (close to 3 lakh depriciation for 25K km), i think it makes a lot of sense to go for a used 1.6. And use all the money you save for the mods and fuel.

RAC is in Koramangala. Think TBHPian Anoops gets his Palio done here. You could contact him on this.
Old 29th December 2005, 12:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

1.2 for 1.6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
Palio 1.6 Sport is back in production.
According to me, if you have enough money, go for the new one; else go for the used one and then you can beef up the car with whatever you want, something like K&N, turbo if you like, etc. I guess the value of 1.6 in the used car market is less than 1.2. So, you can get a good deal for Palio in the used market.
Hai Deepak,

The price of 1.2 for an old 1.6 palio looks too good to be true. If its true...... I'd like to pick up one.. can you give me some pointers. Tnx.

-- Ramky.

==========================================
Old 29th December 2005, 13:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Let me clarify here. I didn't mean 1.2 lakh. I meant that the resale value of Palio 1.6 is less than that of Palio 1.2.
Old 29th December 2005, 14:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Piyush, are you serious on your mods for performance? You are putting underbody neons and turbocharging in the same sentence!!! A good turbo setup for the 1.6 Palio will do wonders, and kick some RS arse easily, but you need to get it done right. And in that case, it makes more sense to buy a second hand Palio for under 3 lakhs and spend the savings on the turbo setup.
Old 29th December 2005, 14:15   #10
BHPian

OOPS!!!!!!!!
Sorry that was a very nice offer...lol
Old 29th December 2005, 14:19   #11
BHPian

A good used GTX when available can be bought for between 2.5 & 3.0 lacs, depending on model year, mileage and condition.

If I were you, I'd buy new if I could and worry about putting money aside for mods later. However, if operating on a tight budget, it may make sense to buy a good used car and spruce it up as you go.

Keep in mind that it isn't often that a good used GTX is available though.
Old 29th December 2005, 14:20   #12

Thanks guys for your posts......Ya..I m serious abt mods for performance....Viper, I also think that I shud get a second hand palio.. Do you know any gud and well kept Palio 1.6 ? If its reasonable then I will go for it...Also, ny more info on turbo charger like brand, specs,cost, where to get..etc...
keep posting guys...
Old 29th December 2005, 15:34   #13
BHPian

Go for the used 1.6 GTX for the time being and later buy a new one when Fiat launches it's face lifted Palio
Old 29th December 2005, 22:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Piyush, just pick a good Palio up. Scout around, there should be some, though I don't know any as of now. Once you're ready with the finances, just post for a turbo on TBHP and someone will guide you through the whole process.
Old 30th December 2005, 01:55   #15
BHPian

Neon lites...

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyushjain80
Thanks guys for your posts......Ya..I m serious abt mods for performance....Viper, I also think that I shud get a second hand palio.. Do you know any gud and well kept Palio 1.6 ? If its reasonable then I will go for it...Also, ny more info on turbo charger like brand, specs,cost, where to get..etc...
keep posting guys...
Turbo charging... I think I have heard that term somewhere....
Turbo Charging a palio, sounds like a great idea...
As far as i know, psycho is the person to handle it...

If you are really lookin at underbody neons lites and want something thats entirely different from what people have in bangalore... I can get you one... PM me for more details regarding the same...

I am currently using a palio 1.2.... awesome car... But really i can feel that 1.2 aint gud enuf to do the job.. but its still gud enuff for india...
1.6 will kick some serious u know where...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks