Team-BHP - Vista Aura Plus quadrajet or Figo TDCi titanium or Micra XV Premium Diesel?? HELP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Vista Aura Plus quadrajet or Figo TDCi titanium or Micra XV Premium Diesel?? HELP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/97395-vista-aura-plus-quadrajet-figo-tdci-titanium-micra-xv-premium-diesel-help.html)

hey guys,

been contemplating adding a diesel hatch to my garage for a while now (with the weekly petrol price hikes :Frustrati ), but cant put a finger on any one yet, but did manage to narrow down the list to the vista quadrajet, figo tdci titanium and the micra diesel Xv premium. ruled out the swift/ritz vdi for personal reasons and dint enjoy driving the 3 pot polo diesel.
the vista and figo are pretty much similarly priced though the vista has more discounts on offer. the micra costs about 60 more than these 2.
love the space in the vista and the engine doesnt sound as harsh as the figos. loved the figo because of the torque, the ride and handling. and the micra honestly surprised me with its overall refinement and supple ride, almost agreed to give up on driving dynamics from the figo for the same.
so if u guys could drop in a few lines, it would help me make a decision a lot simpler.
thanks
riz

Quote:

Originally Posted by riziali (Post 2262245)
hey guys,

been contemplating adding a diesel hatch to my garage for a while now (with the weekly petrol price hikes :Frustrati ), but cant put a finger on any one yet, but did manage to narrow down the list to the vista quadrajet, figo tdci titanium and the micra diesel Xv premium. ruled out the swift/ritz vdi for personal reasons and dint enjoy driving the 3 pot polo diesel.
the vista and figo are pretty much similarly priced though the vista has more discounts on offer. the micra costs about 60 more than these 2.
love the space in the vista and the engine doesnt sound as harsh as the figos. loved the figo because of the torque, the ride and handling. and the micra honestly surprised me with its overall refinement and supple ride, almost agreed to give up on driving dynamics from the figo for the same.
so if u guys could drop in a few lines, it would help me make a decision a lot simpler.
thanks
riz

You have not mentioned your preferences in this post. Also looks like you are ready to shell out / extend the budget to accommodate a 60K for the Micra. From what I read, you are basically looking for a good refined engine and nothing more I guess. If you can accomodate Nissan, I dont find a reason why you should not! After all its premium and have the exclusivity since there are not many Micras on the road like the Vista / Figo. But I guess the spare prices also will carry that premium when it comes to service of Micra.

By the way your thread is in the wrong place. It should ideally be under "What Car" thread! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2262435)
If you can accomodate Nissan, I dont find a reason why you should not!

The top end Nissan Micra diesel come without ABS and without a passenger side airbag. The steering feel is not up to the mark and it is not as involving to drive as the Figo. Add to that a higher price tag. :Frustrati The after sales support is not widespread and definately not proven. In my view that is reason enough not to go for the Micra.

I would recommend the Figo as it has got almost everything one needs and at a very good price point, It is not car of the year for no reason. :)

That said between the three you shortlisted, The overall package offered by the Figo makes it a very compelling buy.

I own a Figo and was in a similar dilemma 3 months ago.
Bought the Figo because of it VFM pricing, safety features for Titanium (2 Airbags + ABS), space (seating and boot), dynamics and handling, bluetooth and good system and other features.
On the flip side, the rear windows roll only half way and Figo does not have all 4 power windows which for me is a non-issue. It does not have steering mounted controls too.

Dint go for Micra because of lack of safety features and high pricing. Its not a great looker either IMO. There was no important point where it scored above the Figo.

Indica is a worthy competitor for Figo and matches Figo on most points. But it was ruled out mainly for its Taxi image and the dashboard placement (its at the centre).

Hope this helps.

I would suggest the Vista first and then Figo. Firstly, the Vista is extremely spacious. You never fall short of space, though the boot is quite cramped. The QJD engine on the Vista is proven and Tata, Maruti and Fiat all are using the same engine on their diesel cars.

Also, Vista Aura Plus is fully loaded compared to Figo Titanium, for instance, all 4 power windows, ABD with EBD, etc.

In favour of Figo would be the killing price tag, better A.S.S. of Ford than Tata and driveability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2263453)
You never fall short of space, though the boot is quite cramped.

The Vista boot is surprisingly small for a car of it's size. Tata philosophy maybe maximum passenger room, for everything else, you have the carrier on top :D
On a serious note, it depends on what your requirement is. Vista has come a long way from the Indica days and you cannot go wrong with the Fiat engine under the hood. If you need a spacious passenger cabin, go for Vista (Figo is nowhere cramped, but I think Vista is better) If you want to have an involving drive, go for the Figo.

It certainly is a tough choice between the two.I have just bought a Vista Aqua DT4 Quadrajet and i am loving it.The space it offers is unparalleled. At least for me, i dont feel much of the turbo lag as compared to the Maruti's DDIS or Fiats Multijet engines.This i believe is bcos of the drive by wire tech used in the current vista's.I have also read that there is not much difference in the quality of interior plastics as compared between the two,but the fit is better in the Figo.Having said that the plastic quality has improved in comparison to the older vistas and the beige/black interiors is pleasing and makes the already huge interiors look even more roomier.The Vista is not as low slung as the Figo and hence easier to get in and get out,especially for elderly people.Tata's service costs and spares is also relatively cheaper than the Figo.The centre instrument console in the Vista is something you will get used to in a matter of days.

The Figo too is outstanding VFM and has won every auto award in the country.I think it all comes down to what you are looking for in your next car.All the very best mate.:thumbs up

Sam.k

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam.k (Post 2263529)
The Figo too is outstanding VFM and has won every auto award in the country.I think it all comes down to what you are looking for in your next car.All the very best mate.:thumbs up

I do not wish to offend any vista owners here, I own one myself. But to be fair, Comparatively i feel that the vista has far more niggles than the Figo, Add to that an lower resale value. Admittedly when it comes to interior space, No other car can match the Vista. But The TASS is very poor and i have had bad experiences regarding the same.

Given the current market condition, I feel that the Figo is a better buy. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappex (Post 2263551)
I do not wish to offend any vista owners here, I own one myself.

But your profile is saying that you own a Ritz Petrol. Which one is correct? you or your profile :OT

I am facing a similar dilemma looking for a hatchback; and with the increasing petrol prices, a diesel seems to be the call of the hour. here is my two cents worth:
Figo - terrific VFM, but I am not so sure about its design and resale value. also, there have been some minor niggles experienced on an ongoing basis
Micra - IMHO, not worth the price premium it demands due to lack of coverage area and basic features
Punto - fantastic car, but a tremendous let down in terms of interior finishing. Fiat should take a leaf from Tatas book and launch a Punto "Elan" version. Why do hatchbacks not have the same interior quality as some of the sedans?
Vista - seriously, whats with the boot? if there is an elan version for the Vista, it might perk up sales too. I might still reconsider it as I rarely use a boot and for long drives we rarely have a fourth passenger. so can stash some bags in the front passenger footwell (I do feel its not very safe though!)
Polo - a bit cramped at the rear, even the Nano seems to have more space there
I20 - steering rattle issues remain unresolved and unexplained
Jazz - no diesel. too costly, though I dont think it would have as many niggles as say the Figo or Vista.
Ritz/ Astar - I dont like the design, but it may appeal to others
Santro - aged model and now taxis available too (though this may not be a problem for some)
Chevy Beat - will be available in diesel soon (if not already). it does seem claustrophobic in the back

I guess this post says how finicky I am. If only there was a Punto with the interior quality of a Jazz - sigh!

I dont know if there are any others which should be considered. is there a diesel version in the i10?
good luck to you and keep us posted!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohandas (Post 2263583)
But your profile is saying that you own a Ritz Petrol. Which one is correct? you or your profile :OT

Hey buddy is there a rule to put all the cars you own on your profile? I have just put the Ritz on my profile because i generally prefer to drive it. That said i do own a Vista. :)

It's news to me that the Vista is priced on par with the Figo. I would go with the Figo anyday- it's a looker, a hot seller (so you don't have to worry about product withdrawal) and has won enough Car of the Year awards to assure the nervous buyer. Micra is overpriced considering it lacks basic safety features like ABS and passenger airbag. Go for Figo!

IMHO here are the positive and negative points of each car-

Vista
Positive aspects:

1. Great cabin space and the back seat comfort is the best in its class.
2. Great Value for money and cheaper spares vis-a-vis the Micra and Figo.
3. Reasonably good service network all over the country.

Negative aspects:

1. Lack of snob value; its is a "taxi" car.
2. Fit and finish is better in the Figo and Micra. Tata Cars are known for their initial niggles.
3. Not the best car for being self driven amongst the three.

Figo

Positive aspects:

1. Great cabin space and the best boot amongst the three.
2. Great Value for money and excellent fit and finish.
3. Frugal TDCI engine which has proved its mettle over the years.

Negative aspects:

1. Low slung car; ingress not the best in its class.
2. High cost of spares and high maintenance costs.
3. Noisier engine as compared to the Vista.

Micra

Positive aspects:

1. Great looking car, at least the best looker amongst the three.
2. Good fit and finish and the now famous "Start" & "Stop" button.

Negative aspects:

1. Lack of an established service network of Nissan.
2. Gizmos apart, may not be a "practical" buy; Especially keeping in mind the splendid sales numbers of the Figo.

IMHO try to balance out the "head" and the "heart" and make a choice. The Figo may slightly have an edge. You can also have a look at the i20 and you may not regret later.

I think you should keep the vista out of the equation. I myself own an indica vista limited edition and so far this has been the most disappointing buy.
There is a lot of problems with the electricals time and again. Power windows refuse to work sometimes, fog lamps refuse to turn on etc.

The driver door does not shut at all sometimes. It bounces back if you try to push it.
Tata after sales service too has been disappointing. So far, i have gone there four times with the door problem and they always repair it temporarily and that's it.

The mileage I would say is average. about 8-9 in the city and 14-15 on the highway.

Apart from that, the car is very comfortable. There is lumbar support and height adjustable seats etc. which make the drive a pleasure. It can seat 5 people comfortable, provided you don't care about the boot size. But you have to shift gears a lot. Sometimes it does not even climb a flyover effectively in the third gear at speeds of about 40kph.

The best buy for you would be figo.

I just verified that the Ritz has a diesel version too. however, there are no airbags not even on the top end version. Just FYI, in case you want to consider that option.

Otherwise, of the three you mentioned I would go for the Figo