Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:48   #1
BANNED

Bad Experience with Harsha Toyota

Recently (about 2 days ago) my father picked up our Toyota Corolla Altis (1.2 years old) after two weeks from Harsha Toyota. It was there undergoing repair from an accident.

The car lost its right rear end (1/4 of the rear bumper sheared off, right light smashed, and the metal structure that forms the body completely crushed). The rest of the car though, was in pristine condition. This accident did not harm even an atom of any other part of the car[You'll understand why I'm telling you this further down]

Yesterday(one day after we received the car from HARSHA TOYOTA) my driver complained about how the car A/C wasn't working(In an almost brand new car). Apparently the blower was fine but there was no cooling. After he fiddled with the fuse box, it worked fine.After I came home with the car, my father and the driver went out, and within a few mintues, they heard a very repetitive thud thud thud thud sound coming from the front end.
My father immediately took the car to HARSHA TOYOTA whose "expert technicians" said the bolt in the right front tires' connecting rod was missing. It skipped my father's mind to ask more then but he was already in a very upset and angry state of mind.

Harsha Toyota fixed it for free(probably because they knew it was their fault).

But what doesn't make sense is HOW it happened. The sound my father and driver heard was reptitive. So obviously the rotation of th wheels had to do something with it. There was no steering problem so the posssibility of it being a steering linkage problem is less likely.

My guess is that it has something to do with the uniersal joint linkage (Corolla = Front wheel drive). The people at Harsha Toyota rotated the tires(FACT) as they told us. This validates my theory on how they messed with the wheel areas. It sounds very hard to believe the bolt was just "missing", considering Toyota's bulletproof quality and engineering standards.

Some Toyota petrol engines don't even make enough torque to get the car over a speed bump on idle, and we are supposed to believe that it just "went missing" due to natural usage or stress over time? We barely even use the car in the first place.

We've had the car for 1.2 years and we had absolutely no problems till now. Out of all the periods of time possible to encounter such problems, why does it happen now?

Toyota is the last brand on the planet you'd expect things like this from. I still believe there is no fault with Toyota but their Indian ancillary (HARSHA TOYOTA) is doing a disastrous job of adhereing to the legendary Toyota quality and customer satisfaction philosophy.

PROOF: [They returned the car with the interior full of dust, the leader and the carpets were completely covered .It's as if they left the car with all 4 windows open for ages . If this doesn't back my claim about Harsha Toyota's incompetency I don't know what does. What surprised me even more is that they have the brain to dispatch our car in that condition back to us. Our driver had to clean the interior after]

If they're this careless and negligent about something conspicuous which the owners of the car can see, imagine what they do when we're not there!!!!!!!!!

So far, probability is pointing all fingers at HARSHA TOYOTA. I am sure they caused the bolt to go "missing".

All in all, my father is greatly disappointed and angered by HARSHA TOYOTA'S practices. The inconvenience he had to experience due to the negligence of HARSHA TOYOTA is beyond disappointing. Had we been the only ones with problems there that day, our suspicions would have been somewhat dubious. But as my dad clearly saw there was a group of owners waiting to enter a street brawl with the HARSHA TOYOTA people. Something if not wrong, very disturbing and unprofessional is going on in those HARSHA TOYOTA garages.

Last but not least, is there anyone here who had such experiences with HARSHA TOYOTA? Are there any experts here who'd like to share some information on how bolts in connecting rods go "missing" in a car like the Corolla (the car engineering quality can't be so bad , afterall , it is the best selling car on the planet).

Last edited by D33-PAC : 3rd June 2011 at 11:50.
Old 8th September 2011, 19:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Experience with Harsha Toyota

Its an old thread - i missed it.

Harsha toyota is owned by a renowned Politician. I would steer away from any dealership whose leader is a direct politician. example, I did not visit KUN Hyundai for purshasing my santro.

People / Dealers with such infuence will have a carefree attitude, be it toyota or heck even if its rolls-royce / bently.

It is better to stick with some "busines-groups" where customer service and good business is at least looked at by the board members.
Old 27th October 2011, 00:48   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Its an old thread - i missed it.

Harsha toyota is owned by a renowned Politician. I would steer away from any dealership whose leader is a direct politician. example, I did not visit KUN Hyundai for purshasing my santro.

People / Dealers with such infuence will have a carefree attitude, be it toyota or heck even if its rolls-royce / bently.

It is better to stick with some "busines-groups" where customer service and good business is at least looked at by the board members.
I haven't visited this thread in ages!

But yes Bharath I also think it's best to stick with business groups. A few years ago I heard a lot of positive things about Harsha Toyota, now they ,quite frankly, suck. Maybe it's because of the ridiculous demand they have that they're so negligent.

Regardless of the reason, they should take more care of a customer's car.

Maybe Mr.Naidu should take care of his customers first , which would help the citizens of India in a more effective and transparent manner than whatever he is doing at the moment .
Old 8th November 2013, 10:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ok, bumping up an old thread!

My car delivery experience with Harsha Toyota was not a great one. I walked into the dealer for the car purchase(no effort cost for them to sell a Fortuner to me!), full payments were made 10 days in advance. Insisted on an Aug manufactured car and they tried to palm me off a June one. When I insisted and got the full VIN identified with the help of our TBHP, then I ripped them apart and got an Aug car.
The car delivery experience itself was nothing to write about and I gave them written feedback about the same. There was no 'pride' of buying a Toyota car from this dealer. Post the email to the CRM manager, people scrambled to get my attention which I refused. They wanted to meet me and talk to me. They called me up 2 times and their only goal was that when Toyota calls me up, I had to rate them 10/10 in the customer survey

Can you imagine the dealer pleading with you to rate them better inspite of all the insult during the car delivery?

I did not oblige and gave them tough time. I told them that I will further escalate it to Toyota HQ.

I do not care about the dealer's background, but my hard earned monies cannot be taken for granted by any one.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 13:37   #5

First service for my new Innova Crysta 2.4G and while taking delivery of the car i notice the key is bent out of shape and won't fold out of the flippy key.
Very bad experience wouldn't recommend this dealership for service issues.They did not deliver the car in time and I was scared they would break the key barrel of the car trying to bend it back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks