Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2011, 09:27   #1

Carnation - Tathawade, Pune

Earlier this week I took my 2001 Bolero GLX (127,688 Kms) with a coolant leak problem to Carnation at Tathawde on the NH4 bypass.

The hi-tech workshop is impressive - 15+ service bays, car lifts, paint shop complete with mixing unit, booth and baking chamber, plasma cutting machines, compressed air tools, computerised calipers for body work, electrical sanders, pulling grips etc. They even repair the plastic moulded parts like bumpers. The general manager, Mangesh Shanbag (ex DSK Toyota, Pune) showed me around. The shop floor was clean with not an oily rag in evidence and all tools came in wheeled trolleys.

The mechanics worked efficiently and within 30 mins had removed the radiator, found the leak and told me how they were going to fix it. They repaired the non-working actuator (left rear door) of the central locking system thus saving me Rs.1,000. They also did a compression test on my engine and reported that it was doing just fine - considering the running.

Since the radiator had to brazed at a different workshop, they said it would take a full day to get it back and test. The next day at 3pm the vehicle was delivered home. Washed and clean.

They do care about customer satisfaction. A few minutes after the job card is entered into the system, I got an sms with a unique code which was to be conveyed to the customer service rep only if I was satisfied with the service. No code means a poor rating for the service rep and repair team. They get performance based incentives.

I was very happy with the quality of service. A workshop's reputation is highly dependent on the team leader. The Tathawade unit was the highest rated in India with 76% customer satisfaction for July 2011. I hope Shanbag will maintain this record.
bshankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 12:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Carnation - Tathawade, Pune

I have been a fairly satisfied customer of Carnation for over a year now. Prior to trying Carnation i was using Bimal regularly and some repair shop close by. Some of the problems kept coming back even after Bimal fixing them (Or saying they have been fixed). None of this happened at Carnation. In one such incident i was asked by Bimal to replace Suspension (INR 20K+) and when i went to Carnation they figured out one of the bolts on the suspension was loose and fixed in INR 100.

There is another thread on unsatisfied carnation experience in Pune, hope they also improve the customer experience.
Old 31st July 2011, 13:02   #3
BHPian

Nice to hear such pleasent experience regarding Carnation auto.
Hope they will maintain the same for a longer time.
After trying all the MASS's in the Western part ( Aundh, Pimpri/ chinchwad/ JM Road) of the city and finding no satisfaction, hope this would be a respite for me.
Will definately try the next service of my M800 here.
Bshankar, please share the body shop experience of yours, if any.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Old 31st July 2011, 17:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that the experience was satisfactory.

Fellow BHPian chetanhanda had a bad experience with them at Hadapsar.

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...xperience.html

Now within the same city we have both good and bad reviews. Adds to the confusion.
Old 1st August 2011, 10:36   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Always good to hear of a satisfactory experience. The key for Carnation is, to deliver such a customer experience consistently. Clearly, it all boils down to which of their outlets you visit, and who your service advisor is. Carnation has way too many complaints for an organisation that promises to change the way out-of-warranty cars are maintained.

Nevertheless, Carnation - Tathawade has made a step in the right direction. Thanks for sharing, Bshankar.
Old 8th August 2011, 19:15   #6

Maverick79, I haven't got any bodywork done tho I need a paint job on my fender.

The body shop has a Caliper machine with a database of the dimensions of a huge range of cars. With a mechanical clipvise (much like ones fingers) they pull out the caved in body part to the original dimension. They don't do the traditional denting with a hammer. They use plasma cutters etc. Pictures of the work in progress are emailed to the customer regularly. The dude incharge of the paint shop creates his own shades and has a library of custom colours. They have a paint and bake booth.

Re: the complaint against Hadapsar unit, I guess quality will tend to vary depending on the skills of the particular workshop manager. I've noticed that once a workshop supervisor gets promoted to manager, he abandons the shop floor and is always busy attending meetings and submitting reports. That's when things slide. Hope Carnation will improve with time and not regress.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:21   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Always good to hear of a satisfactory experience. The key for Carnation is, to deliver such a customer experience consistently. Clearly, it all boils down to which of their outlets you visit, and who your service advisor is. Carnation has way too many complaints for an organisation that promises to change the way out-of-warranty cars are maintained.

Nevertheless, Carnation - Tathawade has made a step in the right direction. Thanks for sharing, Bshankar.
Has anybody else done some more complex/advanced job related to the engine /suspension so far from Tathwade Carnation ?

I think fixing a leak in the radiator would not really count as a true test of their capability..and that too done from external workshop.
Did they show any statistics/specs/numbers after performing the compression test ?
Did they really do it ? I really doubt their capability based on my own 1st hand experience + also hearing from some more people.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshankar View Post
Re: the complaint against Hadapsar unit, I guess quality will tend to vary depending on the skills of the particular workshop manager. I've noticed that once a workshop supervisor gets promoted to manager, he abandons the shop floor and is always busy attending meetings and submitting reports. That's when things slide. Hope Carnation will improve with time and not regress.
I think true test of Tathawade would be if someone gets some more serious/advanced work done to his engine/suspension from these guys to know if they can really service properly.
Seems they did a compression test ..Im curious how my car is doing..might be worth a try @ Carantion Tathawade to see how my engine is doing
Old 18th August 2011, 16:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
I think true test of Tathawade would be if someone gets some more serious/advanced work done to his engine/suspension from these guys to know if they can really service properly.
Seems they did a compression test ..Im curious how my car is doing..might be worth a try @ Carantion Tathawade to see how my engine is doing
I had a horrible experience at carnation Bangalore when I went for a suspension job. more than 24 hours the ordered parts never arrived (later learned that no one ordered the required parts even after I gave them the green light) Finally I had to go and get the parts and give it to them. Will post about it in the proper section.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 23:51   #10
BHPian

I had an upsetting experience at Carnation - Tathawade. About 4 months back I got a call from Carnation about a "Shine Package". Bought that at around 1250, which includes a couple of washes, one interior cleaning and a wheel alignment.

Well... as it turns out, this was too good an offer to deliver. Went there yesterday to get the first washing and wheel alignment done. And God, I regret. They not only scratched my rear bumper while parking, they didn't even clean the car (I could see that most of car wash claims are nothing but a spary of water). I showed the service advisor a streak of dust layer on the windscreen, clearly demonstrating that whatever they did can not be called a car wash, its just a water spray. And, to top it all, even after paying 300 (initially they demanded 375) for the additional wheel balancing, there is a intermitted noise coming out of front tyres. I am so upset by the experience, that am scared to take my car back to them. I am never going back to them for any transaction now and would advise everyone to stay clear of these guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks