Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2011, 09:29   #1
Team-BHP Support

Competent Automobiles, Infocity, Gurgaon

Recently took my Zen for some unresolved issues at Competent, Gurgaon.

The car has been serviced thrice there already and each time we complained of a brake problem but was never solved. Finally, I took the car again to get it resolved.

Once you enter the place, you'll be greeted by commotion. The security guard enters the vehicle details into a register and assigns you a SA. That SA will almost never be at the SA desk; either he'll be inside the showroom, in the workshop or somewhere else. After quite some time, when you finally locate him, he'll crib to the security guard how worked up he is and that he shouldn't be assigned any more vehicles. We witnessed a huge tamasha between the security guard and the SAs over this issue. Once you raise your voice and demand that you be attended to, the SA will attend to you.

They have a dedicated person for road-tests; he's called "ustaadji". Now this guy drives like a maniac; under the pretext of a road-test, he'll send the vehicle's acceleration and braking system for a toss. There's a huge piece of land where he'll take the vehicle to check for problems.

Once back to the showroom, he'll tell the SA what the issues are. Now he's the only guy to do these things, the SAs never come for road-tests nor can they diagnose issues. So far, I've found the ustaad to be decently aware of the car's mechanics.

So, once the job card is ready, the vehicle will go in for servicing.

There's a customer lounge inside the showroom; but it's common for drivers/owners alike (unlike a Honda showroom which has diff. ones). So, you'll find people indecently sitting/sleeping. There's a cafeteria serving water/tea-coffee/snacks but it's manned very rarely.

When you go to collect the car, you've the option of going for another road test to check if the issues have been resolved.

The bill receipt is created; you pay the bill, collect the gate pass and you're off. The car when ready is parked at the exit of the workshop itself so you've to go there and drive it off. No one gets the car at the reception for you.

My Zen had issues with suspension, brakes and steering column since quite some time. This time, I went for the road test and explained in detail the issues. The steering assembly, struts and mount assembly were changed and brake pads were opened and cleaned.

Also, the idling speed was very high - forgot mentioning that when I gave the car for servicing. The SA called a mechanic immediately and the car was attended to and the issue was checked within an hour. The IAC valve was found to be faulty and a new one costs about 3k. I asked for it to be cleaned and re-fitted. The idling speed is normal now.

The bill came to 6200 but after corporate discount, was 5600.

Overall, I feel there is a HUGE disconnect in the workshop but if you're firm and can communicate the car's issues appropriately and sternly, you might just get lucky and have it serviced properly.

I am happy with the current servicing (more so because it involved replacement of parts, not repair).

If I would go again/recommend it - probably yes, but more because there ain't any better options.
Old 20th August 2011, 19:09   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Competent Automobiles, Infocity, Gurgaon

Hi Libran,

Thanks for sharing.

- Please note that the TeamBHP Directory is only for product / service providers that are highly recommended. Doesn't seem so for this place, going by your review.

- If you still decide to highly recommend it, do provide contact details as well.
Old 21st August 2011, 00:19   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Competent Automobiles, Infocity, Gurgaon

Hey GTO, I mentioned it here because technically, the workshop is decent. In NCR, the tamasha and ego-tussle is a part and parcel of every place so I kept that aside.

Contact details : 01244500000

The SA who attended to us : Manaveer Hussain - he'll at least give you time and entertain your requests. It will be "ustaadji" who'll conduct the road test. He drives crazy but diagnoses problems pretty well.

PS : The new Swift was on display so asked for a test drive; it apparently didn't have temp. reg. yet so couldn't be driven out of the showroom.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st August 2011 at 00:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks