Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 18:20   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Sai Service - Pune. Pathetic sales experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
My CAR is also next to worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
EDIT: @Amit: MyCar is probably the worst dealer in town. I wouldnt even buy a tricycle from them, if they sold one.
I had already decided to avoid My car, reason? This thread.
Old 20th September 2011, 21:15   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Kiran, sorry to hear about your buying experience. I wonder if these dealers are oblivious to the fact that car purchase is an emotional thing for a lot of us. It's despicable the way they try and play around with paying customers.

I have no direct experience with Sai Service but my friends and fellow Swift owners swear by them. In fact my own Swift is headed there later this week for a clutch change! I do all my service work at Chowgule but my friend who's currently using teh Swift was not too impressed with them.

At the end of the day all these dealers are human and behave as humans will /philosophical

By the way: Please avoid MyCar like the plague- they are even worse than Sai Service!
Old 21st September 2011, 09:43   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I have no direct experience with Sai Service but my friends and fellow Swift owners swear by them. In fact my own Swift is headed there later this week for a clutch change! I do all my service work at Chowgule but my friend who's currently using teh Swift was not too impressed with them.
You know what, I had a great experience with their service. I shall keep posting detailed reviews as and when I visit them.
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

SAI Service, Deccan has management problems. When I was looking for a car, I had interacted with a sales guy (who happens to be a relative of my neighbor). He was frank and admitted that things are really bad internally. At times, they did not have test vehicles and he used to be really irritated with the fact that he could not keep up his promises for test drives.
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:53   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly OT but concerns Sai Service so posting here- I officially hate them now . My Swift went for a clutch replacement at their Hinjewadi service station and they called claiming they couldn't find the nut-bit to remove my non-standard size allow wheel screws off. Told them it's in the car, they searched and said no it isn't. Checked at home, in other car etc. and it wasn't there so called them again and told them, it HAS to be in the Swift- please look carefully in the back, there is a black cloth toolkit that should have the bit. They checked again and insisted that it wasn't there, can you please come here sir, we don't know what to do!

So my friend and I drive up there on a workday morning and as we walk in they sheepishly tell us that they found the damn thing. Exactly where I told them they would find it, though the SA tried to deny it weakly, saying it was in some bag somewhere.

I lost it and yelled at them then yelled at my friend for trusting my baby with these jokers and then we drove back!
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I lost it and yelled at them then yelled at my friend for trusting my baby with these jokers and then we drove back!
I guess the word 'nincompoop' comes to mind first for those clowns.

Could they have not called you as soon as they found it? Being customer oriented is not so difficult if people really cared so much. these days everyone is just doing things on autopilot and not caring much about results. Maybe it is arrogance based on continuous business.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly, I find Sai Service's Deccan outlet pretty good where servicing the car is concerned. It probably maybe due to the long standing realtion I've had with them now.

As far as their sales dep is concerned, it sure is'nt anything great. While buying my Swift, they did'nt have a TD vehicle! Who the hell does'nt have Swift in stock? Its not like I was buying a GV or the Kizashi. I mean, it is one of the largest selling Diesel hatch's in the country.
Oh, BTW I am referring to the Gen2 swift.

Noop: How's the overall setup of the new store? Never mind, the service does'nt seem to be great anyways!
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:43   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ No idea- we just walked into the service area (followed by a guy shouting Sir! Sir! whom we obviously ignored). It looked like a normal delaerhsip, a little small though, and totally empty but I guess that's normal on a weekday morning!

My friend actually gives his cars to the one in town but this time he tried his one out. There is some pending bodywork which these HJW folks don't do and said that the Phugewadi outlet will take care of it some other time. Is Phugewadi= Deccan? (sorry Pune noob )
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is Phugewadi= Deccan? (sorry Pune noob )
Phugewadi is on the Pune-Pimpri-Mumbai highway (which some call the old highway). Sai service is on the left side while going towards Pimpri from Pune, after CME and Megamart etc.
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:48   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry kiran for continuing to hijack your thread but my friend just picked up the Swift and apparently Sai Service has done a stellar job overhauling it: quoting from SMS received:

Quote:
Sai rocks! Clutch is butter
All's well that ends well
Old 30th August 2012, 13:03   #26

I have booked my 1st car (Alto K10 Vxi) with Sai Service and going to get the delivery tomorrow. I would not rate the Sales Experience as satisfactory! I have opted for their extended warranty also but not very sure now if I should go to other dealer for service. I would like to have an extended warranty as I have always found my gadgets to generate problem after the warranty. Could you please suggest if I can get extended warranty from other dealers and if I should go for it?
Old 31st August 2012, 09:35   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binil View Post
Could you please suggest if I can get extended
warranty from other dealers and if I should go for it?
Yes, you must get extended warranty without a doubt. I am not sure about what type of warranty you are planning to opt for. There are two options you have:

1) Dealer warranty: Has great clauses and coverage but makes you stick to this very dealer for the entire lifetime of your car ownership. If you service at any other dealer, you lose warranty.

2) Manufacturer warranty: Offered by Maruti Suzuki India limited. Has very limited coverage with respect to the number of years v/s kms driven but is valid at all dealers.

For a better understanding, go through this thread.
Old 15th May 2013, 11:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

X-posting from another thread , since this seems to be more relevant. Any feedback on Sai Service Hinjewadi outlet ? The location is rather convenient for me to book a service in. Its just a routine 3rd year service.
EDIT : I have visited them for friends' vehicles earlier, and found them to be quite empty inspite of the abundance of gunthesh Swifts in the vicinity! An MASS is supposed to be overflowing with cars , and seeing this one with empty service bays got me worried a bit.

Last edited by sajo : 15th May 2013 at 11:47.
Old 5th July 2013, 16:26   #29
BHPian

Regarding Insurance, I have had a equally bad experience at not 1 but 2 dealership. I refused to get insurance from SumanKirti and Mahalaxmi and I did not get delivery for my car even after paying the advance amount. kept on harping on delivery dealy issues and frankly from their attitude, they did not seem interested at all. So, got refund from those 2.

3rd dealer, Chowgule, at the start of the sales pitch, simply pointed " we dont care if you book your car with us or not, Insurance will be done by Maruti only.". Period.

Any discussion on this topic was non-negotiable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks