Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 13:26   #1
BHPian

Started paying EMIs, but car not delivered yet!

I had booked a Verna Fluidic CRDi SX, Crystal While on 30th May 2011, paying the initial amount of Rs 75,000 , with the promise that the car would be delivered in
40 days time once the remaining amount is paid. The booking was done at MGF Hyundai branch in Kozhencherry, Kerala.
The remaining down payment amount of Rs 5,32,220 was paid on 2nd Aug 2011. The rest of the amount was wire-transferred to the MGF office from ICICI Bank, Tiruvalla, Kerala.
Total of Rs 10,42,502 is paid to MGF against this booking. And I'm paying the EMI for my loans to the bank from August,2011. Its past September-mid now, and the folks at the MGF office here in Kozhencherry, Kerala have no clue or answers to the delivery of the car.
This has been one of the worst experiences with the delivery of a new car I called up the customer care to report this and i get no response from them too.Is this how Hyundai company treats customers??? Very disappointed with the services, should have better off gone and booked a Ford Fiesta which would have been delivered by now.
Think I'll be forced to take this to the Consumer Court and let the Law decide.

If any of you guys out there can help me out to get the car without more delay it will be much appreciated.Don't know what to do and the waiting without any clue when the car is going to arrive is frustrating

Please help!!!

Last edited by garyjacob : 15th September 2011 at 13:37.
Old 15th September 2011, 13:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: MGF Hyundai cheating after recieving full payment of Verna Fluidic CRDi SX

If I'm understanding this correctly, you made a deal to pay up the full amount before delivery in order to bypass the 6 months (or whatever) waiting period?

Last edited by suman : 15th September 2011 at 13:51.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:00   #3
BHPian

Gary,

Kochi Ford dealer is also MGF (by the name Kairali). Principle wise don't expect anything better.

Since there is no response from Hyundai, & you have started your EMI's only way out is legal action.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Started paying EMIs, but MGF Hyundai still not delivering my Verna Fluidic CRDi S

Did you just pay the full amount of the car without doing a PDI and a confirmed date of delivery on paper?

How can one start a loan for a car without the bank getting the proper documents for the car? the bank wont release the loan to the best of my knowledge. was it a personal loan?

Last edited by govigov : 15th September 2011 at 14:03.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Started paying EMIs, but MGF Hyundai still not delivering my Verna Fluidic CRDi S

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjacob View Post
I had booked a Verna Fluidic CRDi SX, Crystal While on 30th May 2011, paying the initial amount of Rs 75,000 , with the promise that the car would be delivered in
40 days time once the remaining amount is paid. The booking was done at MGF Hyundai branch in Kozhencherry, Kerala.
The remaining down payment amount of Rs 5,32,220 was paid on 2nd Aug 2011. The rest of the amount was wire-transferred to the MGF office from ICICI Bank, Tiruvalla, Kerala.
Total of Rs 10,42,502 is paid to MGF against this booking. And I'm paying the EMI for my loans to the bank from August,2011. Its past September-mid now, and the folks at the MGF office here in Kozhencherry, Kerala have no clue or answers to the delivery of the car.
This has been one of the worst experiences with the delivery of a new car I called up the customer care to report this and i get no response from them too.Is this how Hyundai company treats customers??? Very disappointed with the services, should have better off gone and booked a Ford Fiesta which would have been delivered by now.
Think I'll be forced to take this to the Consumer Court and let the Law decide.

If any of you guys out there can help me out to get the car without more delay it will be much appreciated.Don't know what to do and the waiting without any clue when the car is going to arrive is frustrating

Please help!!!
Did you have anything in writing that the delivery will be within 40days, because every where Hyundai is quoting 4-5 months wait list for the Verna. For going the legal way also you may need some writen doc from them on the delivery date. Check the booking file that they usually make in your name and see what dates are mentioned.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Since there is no response from Hyundai, & you have started your EMI's only way out is legal action.
Could you elaborate a little further on this for my understanding? What would be the grounds for filing a suit?

I could be wrong but it sounds like an agreement with the dealer which has now gone sour - as in, pay upfront & get the car quickly. Why on earth would a person pay 100% upfront if the vehicle itself is nowhere in sight?
suman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 14:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

So you paid the dealer 100% upfront without even checking if the car was there! So it is a lesson learnt now. I don't think there is nothing more you could do than what you already been doing- pursue it with dealer and wait.

And yes, never pay 100% upfront when you do not know what you are getting.

Just checked your post:

How can the bank send the amount without your approval and checking the documents, just tell them that you would not pay any EMI until you get the car coz it seems like a mistake from the Bank. And the given in writing is not valid legally, unfortunately!!

Edit again: It is written clearly that the tentative time before the delivery is 40 days appx.

Last edited by anilisanil : 15th September 2011 at 14:27.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:18   #8
BHPian

guys i was told i wud get the car in 40 days.they have given it in writing.so expecting them to do it i applied for the loan.so the bank ppl told me i have to show them the receipt of the down payment for the sanction of the loan.so i did pay the amount of 5,32,220 to them in cash.so total 532220+75000 was paid as down payment.the loan was sanctioned.and to my horror the bank wire transferred the loan amount to the dealer without telling me.so now the whole amount has been paid to the dealer.and i had to start paying the emi even without getting any signs of the car.

iam attaching the docs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hyundai docs.pdf (1.75 MB, 1668 views)

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2011 at 16:37. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 15th September 2011, 14:22   #9
BHPian

I might be misinformed here, but does the car not have to be hypothecated with the bank for the loan to be approved, etc? What guarantee does the bank have against the loan, unless it is a personal loan? And if it is a personal loan, I am afraid there isn't much you can do against the dealership legally, unless you had it written down in legal terms with the dealership, which is highly unlikely.

I suppose you can write to HMIL and politely request for an update on allocation of cars to MGF.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:24   #10
BHPian

Assuming it is a car loan, the EMI is supposed to start only after car regn documents reach the bank.

If a legal notice is sent to the dealer, they will speed up the delivery process (mostly at the expense of another customer who has booked the same spec/colour car)

I am sure someone @ MGF would have informed Gary that full payment will assure early delivery. No one pays full amount at any outlet without somebody asking them to. If he has any records for it, the better.

If it is personal loan, still Hyundai is supposed to deliver the car once full payment is received.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:27   #11
BHPian

The dealer is at fault here for failing to keep their promise. I suggest you concentrate your efforts on them.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Hyundai is supposed to deliver the car once full payment is received.
And if they can't, they should return the amount and take it only when they can deliver the car.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Lesson learnt : tell them that you have cash at hand and loan pre-approved and ready for disposal. should pay the amount and ask for loan dispersal only after seeing the car.

for now: the dealer has your full cash and knows that you have nowhere to run. Which bank was this. tell the bank that you have not recieved the car. and to cancel the loan. the bank will not have any other option.

tell the dealer to give the full amount back as you have decided to cancel the car. they are liable to give you the cash as they have not delivered the car till now (minus the 1000rs as cancellation charges).
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 14:51   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

i think all cochin and nearby people should start posting messages here saying "i was going to buy from MGF , but going with some other now"
or even that we're changing plans to buy a hyundai at all.
TBHP is monitored by companies as we've seen in some cases.
might grab MGF hyundai's eyeballs.

This post will self destruct in 30 minutes
Old 15th September 2011, 14:57   #15
BHPian

The communication from the dealer is at fault, and not HMIL. As can be seen from this forum, almost all the people going for bookings are told about the long waitlist for New Verna, Swift/Dzire, Vento, et al. Of course, the dealer is at fault here, unless the manufacturer had committed a 40 day delivery and the dealer had merely conveyed the message to the buyer!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks