Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2011, 01:13   #31
PhX
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 Exploitation : FULL payment required with no promise of delivery

Hey vina, I think you probably made a mistake with one of your BBcode tags... Anyway,
Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Read this post Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Mahindra XUV500 Exploitation : FULL payment required with no promise of delivery date) this is also written by OP. In fact in the very first post he mentioned that delivery will be within 10-15 days.

The emails make it very clear that the OP can take his time, Mahindra cares about the money being ready at the time of delivery (i.e. no delays on account of customers' inability to meet finances) - what's wrong with that?
Nothing. I was referring to the emails he received. It's only in the last email after he spoke to the company that they agreed to wait for 3 days extra to receive the full payment.

Please note that though the OP says that delivery is generally within 10-15 days, the actual delivery date is not mentioned. However, the emails contain a hard date by which the OP has to make the full payment.

Quote:
Why is there a presumption that whoever is posting on TBHP is posting the whole truth and nothing but the truth - even decent folks who never intentionally lie may leave out unflattering detail at the time of their first post.
There isn't. I'm sorry, I don't follow you ... where does this presumption come in from?

Quote:
Indian legal system is screwed up,
Which kind of proves my point, doesn't it? Better safe than sorry. Yes, something can go wrong with your car a week after you buy it. Something can also go obviously wrong BEFORE you take delivery. At least by paying after inspecting, your money is safe for a few additional days.

Quote:
You'll lose the interest and there will be inconvenience
Purely from a customer's POV...would you rather not avoid that altogether?
Old 17th December 2011, 01:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina

There is one reason why the customer should bear the cost - he wants the car more than the other options available. If you don't like it, walk away.

Merc doesn't want the money - who cares? I booked my Figo with Rs. 5000, they promised delivery in four weeks, delivered 4 days later, if the dealer had asked for 50k I would have given it, if he had asked for 1L I would have bought a Swift .
Exactly my point. You would have walked away to swift if dealer had asked for 1L. But in this case Mahindra is just taking undue advantage - they know customers who have waited for 3 months are not going to walk away. I never said that anybody is victimized here - my point is, it is a very greedy move.
Old 17th December 2011, 01:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 Exploitation : FULL payment required with no promise of delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
... But in this case Mahindra is just taking undue advantage - they know customers who have waited for 3 months are not going to walk away. I never said that anybody is victimized here - my point is, it is a very greedy move.

Did the OP book it three months before? Mahindra is on really shaky grounds then.

Still, if they are guaranteeing the car within 10-15days of getting the money that is not so bad. In fact if you read the commonucation they had (post #23) you'll see they are flexible on that too.
Old 17th December 2011, 05:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Be ready to get exploited to Buy a Mahindra XUV 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
As you wrote before the customers have the option to book a different model or walk away.
It is not only the customers but also the manufacturers that do have their rights.
Nobody complains when companies reduce prices on a slow selling product, so why complain when a company is trying to make money on a hot seller?
Ohh yeah, each has an option to walk away. All i was saying is Mahindra cannot move away from industry De-Facto norms.

Fact one, at the time of my writing i was not aware how much the delay in delivery would be. Now i read its a matter of 10-15 days, in this case mahindra is right to ask for full money. The scenario i was talking about is when the delivery date is far-far away and manufacturer asking for full payment is not right as the customer is also paying interest on the loan amount with no vehicle in sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
What you and I may consider as the "norm" may be a compulsion in M&M's view based on a desire to pamper the customer!

In this particular instance i.e. WRT the XUV 5OO maybe they do not feel the need?

Will it hurt them? Maybe or Maybe not. Time will tell. However they have the privilege to decide the terms of business when they sell a product. We either agree or we walk.
Would you accept if suddenly for buying Sony TV you are asked to make full payment now and TV will be delivered to you one month from now. I wouldn't, Why? because the rest of the competition isn't functioning that way, and i have options. So market accepted norms are important and manufacturers generally stick to it. In this case i was suggesting to pull away because i thought the delivery is few months away, later in the thread it was disclosed that its a matter of few days here or there. So in this scenario its alright for Mahindra to ask for full payment.
Old 17th December 2011, 05:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Be ready to get exploited to Buy a Mahindra XUV 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Ohh yeah, each has an option to walk away. All i was saying is Mahindra cannot move away from industry De-Facto norms.

Fact one, at the time of my writing i was not aware how much the delay in delivery would be. Now i read its a matter of 10-15 days, in this case mahindra is right to ask for full money. The scenario i was talking about is when the delivery date is far-far away and manufacturer asking for full payment is not right as the customer is also paying interest on the loan amount with no vehicle in sight.

Would you accept if suddenly for buying Sony TV you are asked to make full payment now and TV will be delivered to you one month from now. ....
If you go through the entire conversation in post #23, there seems to be a misunderstanding between OP and Mahindra - Mahindra doesn't seem to be threatening to not deliver the car if he doesn't give the money, Mahindra seems to be threatening to give the car to somebody else if he delays giving the money more than 7 days after Mahindra is ready to deliver.

The original request to deposit the balance amount is not included, but this sounds more like an advisory than a threat - after all once Mahindra is ready to deliver they would expect the money (or the right to sell the car to the next person in line)
Old 17th December 2011, 07:34   #36
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipun dhingra View Post
Dear Mr Nipun,

Thanks for patronizing Mahindra .

Refer telecon I had tried to reply to your queries mentioned below to my fullest.

1) Sterling demanding payment in advance- As explained over the phone that we have ramped up the production at our level & in order to maintain the seniority we are requesting all customers whose CPD (customer promise date) is coming till 5th Jan 2012 to deposit the balance amount with their respective dealerships on receiving of the letter within next 7days.
Please feel free to write or call for any further query.
Regards
Puneet Sethi
ASM
Tel:-022-28849034
So its clear that its clear that this policy is from the company itself.
Protest for paying this amount is just hysteria. I support M&M on this. What happens if you refuse to take a 2011 model? It would be plain unlucky if you are delivered a 2011 model also in early Jan'12.

Again what is wrong if you have to pay one more EMI before you get the car? If M&M had announced a price increase by 5th Jan'12 all would have coughed up the money without complaining.
Old 17th December 2011, 07:45   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Market dynamics in a seller's market! No point in getting upset. Use the opportunity to build relationships and negotiate as much as possible with the dealer. If all fails and things are not to your liking you can always walk away and buy something else OR further delay your purchase!
Old 7th February 2012, 22:39   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

They have had some 25,000 bookings this time around in the II Phase (Jan 25- Feb 3 2012) for the XUV 500 in about 19 cities.
More on this link:
Mahindra's XUV500 registers 25,000+booking applications in second phase of bookings

During January '12 even with its limited availability restricted to metros its sales have outnumbered the Xylo.
The tweet of Anand Mahindra:
"And the groundbreaking & clutter breaking XUV ad has gone viral on youtube with 420K views & an overwhelming 79% 'likes'. Mission accomplished."
Seems they are too upbeat and ga ga about it all. Only hope they improve the plastic quality of the interiors !These plastics appear to be the same be it the Maxx, Savari or the XUV 500!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th February 2012 at 22:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks