Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 12:15   #1

Very bad customer service by Chevrolet Dealer. Kropex (Bangalore)

Some bullet points regarding my mental torture with Chevrolet India

1. They published in the air(radio city, Bangalore) that book the car before budget to get tax benefit.
2. Collected RS 50,000(15th March 2012) as advance to deliver the car by Wednesday(21th March 2012)
3. They asked me to run around with the bank and get the loan
4. Monday(19th March 2012) they say we will apply new charges and we cannot deliver the car by 21st March 2012
5. They asked me to cancel the car if you are not satisfied.

I spent a lot of time with Bank people now i am forced to close the loan.
Please advice how to go forward

Details of Chevrolet showroom I visited:
Kropex India Ltd
Singasandra , Bangalore
Old 20th March 2012, 12:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet - Very bad customer service

There was an article in todays TOI BLR edition on why a customer should insist on getting the vehicles at old price itself. Check out the business section of the paper IIRC.

EDIT: The article and the link http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML

Quote:
Don’t pay more for old stock cars
Nandini Sen Gupta TNN

Chennai: If the Budget’s excise increase has put off your plans to get a new set of wheels, don’t worry. You can still get your car (or bike) at the old, pre-Budget prices, particularly if you booked your vehicle before the Budget or the dealer is selling older stock.
Car makers said the new rates will be applicable on dispatches to dealerships from March 16 onwards. Given that the Budget this year was bang in the middle of the month rather than at the end, dealerships will likely have old stocks which can and should be sold at the old rates. Which means customers can demand a better price while choosing a new car, that is till stocks last.
“Bookings currently held by dealers will be offered at the older price, provided the dealers have the relevant stock,” says Arvind Saxena, director (marketing and sales), Hyundai Motor India. Hyundai, like all other car and bike companies, will raise prices ranging from Rs 5,000 on the Eon to Rs 85,000 on the Santa Fe.
Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) will also be charging the marked-up price on its vehicles, only for new stock. “Starting from March 16 (Budget day), as we send vehicles, it will be with a new price tag. But what the dealers do with the existing stock is up to them. Technically, existing stock should be sold at the older price, but it’s the dealer’s prerogative,” said Pawan Goenka, president (auto and tractor division), M&M.
Auto financiers said customers should demand at least an intervention — if not the old price tag — for vehicles booked before the Budget announcement. Given that the auto industry has been facing ademand slowdown, except in February when the expectation of an excise spurred sales, dealers can be persuaded to offer a better deal despite the excise hike.
HOLDING ON TO RATES
With Budget held in mid-month, dealerships may still have old stocks and customers can demand a better price till they last
Even auto financiers believe customers should demand at least an intervention, if not the old price tag, for vehicles booked before Budget Car makers say it’s prerogative of dealers to apply new rates only on dispatches from March 16 onwards

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th March 2012 at 12:24.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 12:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet - Very bad customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by roypjob View Post
1. They published in the air(radio city, Bangalore) that book the car before budget to get tax benefit.
They made an offer and you accepted, if they are not honoring the same they cab be sued under Mercantile law.

Quote:
Collected RS 50,000(15th March 2012) as advance to deliver the car by Wednesday(21th March 2012)
Was it promised to you in writing? Or it was just a verbal commitment?

Quote:
They asked me to run around with the bank and get the loan
Shocking! No facility of loan at dealer end! And head honchos of the mother concern must be discussing the concern regarding dismal sales in air-conditioned conference room. Time for reality check.

Quote:
Monday(19th March 2012) they say we will apply new charges and we cannot deliver the car by 21st March 2012
Have they told you this is triggered by what?

Quote:
They asked me to cancel the car if you are not satisfied.
Oh! Yes! so that can delivery the car to someone out of the long que of customer standing in the front of showroom.

Quote:
I spent a lot of time with Bank people now i am forced to close the loan.
What do you mean by forced to close the loan, is the money already disbursed? if not then you can choose not to take the loan.

Quote:
Please advice how to go forward
Try some other showroom or better try some other manufacturer altogether.

Last edited by BANDHAV : 20th March 2012 at 12:31.
Old 9th April 2012, 19:24   #4
BHPian

Re: Very bad customer service by Chevrolet Dealer. Kropex (Bangalore)

Kropex is quite a shoddy dealer. I am afraid that with dealers like this you cant expect foreign manufacturers to do well on Indian shores. Fortunately (or Unfortunately) there is always a GM of Chevrolet sitting in this showroom. You can always write or speak to him on issues with the dealer. Although they are prompt to respond to you they are equally prompt on closing the issue on some flimsy reason. My cousin faced this issue when he went seeking a Captiva and came away disgusted. Anyways better off not dealing with these chaps. Maybe not good for Chevrolet but hey they are the ones who have made this choice !
Old 10th April 2012, 12:12   #5
BHPian

Re: Very bad customer service by Chevrolet Dealer. Kropex (Bangalore)

Frankly, I am surprised. I had one of the best buying experiences at Kropex (bought a Spark LT). I went for a TD, the sales guy was super-enthusiastic. The loan-guy sat right there on the floor with me, made some calls to HDFC, ICICI and a few others and gave me the best rate he could find. (I checked through some other sources as well) I came in the next day, paid the initial down-payment, and the guy came home, collected the required documents and in less than a few days, the loan was ready. I was taken to their yard in the back, told to pick my car (I noted down the car details), wait a few days, and it was delivered on time. They threw in a 7k dealership package as well in addition to the corporate discount.

You may want to take up your case with the showroom manager himself (I think his name is Afsal or something). He seemed like a genuine guy when I got to meet him. He sits on the upper floor and you can ask the receptionist to get him to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks