Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2014, 13:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Bad experience at VW Tornado Motors Workshop (Mumbai)

It is to overcome this new and old paint border they do the blending process while painting and coating clear. Every time this is done where I get all my paint work done. This doesn't leave a clear cut line to differentiate between new and old paint. Isn't it how its done? Of course it depends on the skill of the painter how good or effective it turns out.
Old 28th July 2014, 13:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Any updates on the CEL problem? Did you get the sensor/ wiring repaired?
Nope. I was terribly delayed at the workshop on Saturday, and it was raining cats and dogs and other members of the animal kingdom here in Mumbai yesterday. I will try and take the car to the FNG this week. Will update this forum once I have some news. Please remember me in your prayers.
Old 15th August 2014, 19:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I gave my VW Polo for an accident repair to the Tornado Motors workshop at Andheri. This was the first time I went there due to proximity from home otherwise I always went to VW Downtown at Parel.

I have Bharti AXA 100% coverage policy. My car had gone there for 2 repair jobs. A side door dent and a rear bumper dent. The Service adviser told me to add both damages under 1 claim. So we did that. The next day the surveyor came and approved just the side door damage. Upon asking the reason, he just said both damages are not relevant. Door repairing took 4 days and in the meantime I was trying to convince the surveyor to approve the rear bumper damage as there was no reason why it couldn't be replaced. After 5 days of waiting and no response from surveyer, we took the matter to upper authority and the bumper claim got approved after a week.

It was 10 days over and my Polo was lying in the dust with loads of bird poo and no one cared. Then the service advisor tells me "Sir, new bumper will be fixed tomorrow and car will be given next evening". Next day, I called him up in the morning and he tells me bumper is getting fixed. In the evening I get an update that the bumper is going for a paint job and will dry over night. It was 12 days since the car was at the workshop. So next day I called him up again to ask if I can take back the car int he evening. Now comes the shocking reply- "Sir, we do not have a bumper in stock. It'll take a couple of days!" I was furious over the fact that he lied to me previously that the bumper of my car is getting fixed. So now he tells me that the bumper was not for my car but another car that had come in previously. I got so pissed now I decided to take my car back after 2 weeks in the workshop for just a door dent repair!

The horrible experience does not end here. When I get back my car after a "thorough" car wash as the service advisor tells me, I come back home to realise that there are white primer spots on the front fender which did not go even after a shampoo wash. I do an an interior check and find that one of the air vent flaps are out of place and are restricting the movement!
I have to call up the service adviser tomorrow for these complaints. Lets see what reason the workshop give me now.

I recommend VW users in Mumbai to go to VW Downtown only and totally avoid Tornado Motors.
My experience with Tornado Motors's service centre has been similar. About a month ago I had an unfortunate but small accident with a rickshaw (jumped the signal) that left a few exterior parts damaged. The quality of work - absolutely superb! The overall experience - bad to say the least, enough to make you loose faith in the brand! Despite the initial professionalism while taking the car in and preparing documentation that left me confident the car will be fixed asap, it was all downhill from there on.

Here are the reasons that left me shocked and amazed at the level of inefficiencies in their operations:

1) Failure to update regularly (not even once a week!) on the current status. It was always left to me to call and seek the bodyshop advisor. Not what I expected from such a brand.

2) The entire repair process - here's a flow through of the process - identify the damaged part, call insurance agent and get it approved, order part, fit the part on the car, test, approve, finally move on to next part. This was the explanation given by the adviser

3) Failure to provide true timelines for repairs - it extended from an initial estimate of 15 days to 6 weeks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks