Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 18:17   #1
BHPian

NO BILLING - Is Tata updating its CRM software?

Just wanted to confirm if anybody on the forum has any idea if the TATAs are updating their CRM software on ALL their car dealerships?

Actually, one of the TATA FIAT car dealership in Delhi has told us that he is NOT able to do the billing of my car. Earlier i.e. till yesterday he was very keen on getting the FULL payment so the full payment (without any loans) has been made to the dealer and now the sales person says that TATA is updating its Siebel based software (CRM-DMS) so they are not able to connect to the server. Therefore, no billing can be done. Once they get a connectivity with the server, anytime during the day, they do the billings (only a few) and this problem is there since 1st April. And this problem is being faced by the TATA dealerships ALL OVER THE INDIA. He was supposed to get our car registered but because of this server problem, it seems it won't be possible.

It seems to be a LAME excuse to me. Because they were very eager to get the full payment so that they can arrange the papers for registration and deliver the car. Now when full payment has been done and we are ready to take the car delivery (with specific auspicious timings), they are giving such reasons.
  • Anybody has got any idea on this?
  • If they are making excuses then why TATAs have such (sarkari types) dealerships?
  • Why are they so UNPROFESSIONAL in dealing with customers?
  • TATA FIAT is NOT billing any car since 1st April 2012? A news to share.
  • Is this also one of the reason for low sales of TATA FIAT cars?
  • Do we have any option if the dealership delays the car delivery?
Did not want to open a thread for this issue but I really got frustrated with their behavior since the time of booking.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 16th April 2012 at 18:33. Reason: spelling mistake
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 18:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: NO BIILING because TATA is updating its CRM software?

Something doesn't feel right. Since you have made full payment, ask the dealer to give a written letter/bill if their CRM Software is not working.

Alternatively speak to the TATA customer care about this and lodge a complaint against the dealer.
Check with other TATA dealers in the region as well.
Old 16th April 2012, 18:42   #3
BHPian

Re: NO BILLING - TATA is updating its CRM software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Just wanted to confirm if anybody on the forum has any idea if the TATAs are updating their CRM software on ALL their car dealerships?

Actually, one of the TATA FIAT car dealership in Delhi has told us that he is NOT able to do the billing of my car. Earlier i.e. till yesterday he was very keen on getting the FULL payment so the full payment (without any loans) has been made to the dealer and now the sales person says that TATA is updating its Siebel based software (CRM-DMS) so they are not able to connect to the server. Therefore, no billing can be done. Once they get a connectivity with the server, anytime during the day, they do the billings (only a few) and this problem is there since 1st April. And this problem is being faced by the TATA dealerships ALL OVER THE INDIA. He was supposed to get our car registered but because of this server problem, it seems it won't be possible.

It seems to be a LAME excuse to me. Because they were very eager to get the full payment so that they can arrange the papers for registration and deliver the car. Now when full payment has been done and we are ready to take the car delivery (with specific auspicious timings), they are giving such reasons.
  • Anybody has got any idea on this?
  • If they are making excuses then why TATAs have such (sarkari types) dealerships?
  • Why are they so UNPROFESSIONAL in dealing with customers?
  • TATA FIAT is NOT billing any car since 1st April 2012? A news to share.
  • Is this also one of the reason for low sales of TATA FIAT cars?
  • Do we have any option if the dealership delays the car delivery?
Did not want to open a thread for this issue but I really got frustrated with their behavior since the time of booking.

Cheers!
Irish
I find it very hard to believe that a system that is Live would be taken down for more than 2 weeks to perform an upgrade. It is a very very very unlikely event. There would be procedures in place if the update to their systems fails to roll back to the previous state, which would mean a downtime of some hours, not 2 weeks. Any updates that did go to the system would have been tested extensively, and no stakeholder would allow a system to remain dysfunctional for 2 weeks.

I feel that there is something very fishy here. See if the dealer will give you this explanation in writing on his letterhead and if he does, shoot it across to Tata asking for an explanation.

Why not call some other dealership from the same/ different town and ask if you can get a car ASAP? Tell him that your friends have told you of a system flaw that prevents billing.

PS: All the best! and which car is it you are buying?

Last edited by vinod332002 : 16th April 2012 at 18:45.
Old 16th April 2012, 19:05   #4
BHPian

Thanks for your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Something doesn't feel right. Since you have made full payment, ask the dealer to give a written letter/bill if their CRM Software is not working.

Alternatively speak to the TATA customer care about this and lodge a complaint against the dealer.
Check with other TATA dealers in the region as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002 View Post
I feel that there is something very fishy here. See if the dealer will give you this explanation in writing on his letterhead and if he does, shoot it across to Tata asking for an explanation.

Will do so if they still repeat the same excuse tomorrow or if they FAIL to deliver me the car on Wednesday.

Shall I get the delivery without registration? But I dont want to take any risks as in this case we have to transfer the existing reg. no. form our another vehcile on this vehicle. Although we need to take our old vehicle to the RTO and get it's number transferred to the new buy and the old one gets the new reg. no. In this process the dealer needs to provide all the relevant papers. If I take the delivery without getting the registration done then this dealer might delay this process.

Quote:
I find it very hard to believe that a system that is Live would be taken down for more than 2 weeks to perform an upgrade. It is a very very very unlikely event. There would be procedures in place if the update to their systems fails to roll back to the previous state, which would mean a downtime of some hours, not 2 weeks. Any updates that did go to the system would have been tested extensively, and no stakeholder would allow a system to remain dysfunctional for 2 weeks.
I am also from the software world and I was also surprised at such a reply.

Quote:
Why not call some other dealership from the same/ different town and ask if you can get a car ASAP? Tell him that your friends have told you of a system flaw that prevents billing.
Trying the same. But how to trust another guy as well? This sales person was also confident for the Billing till Yesterday.

Quote:
PS: All the best! and which car is it you are buying?
Now that's CONFIDENTIAL! Please wait and watch!

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2012 at 20:31. Reason: No more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 16th April 2012, 19:30   #5
BHPian

Last Thursday, I went for servicing my Manza at the Tata dealership. He told me same thing. He was unable to generate my bill and gate pass. He said that Tata is upgrading from current software to a superior one. He told me exactly what, I forgot. I feel its true. Till saturday, they couldn't generate bill. thanks
nozzlering is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 19:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

the tata siebel CRM is notoriously unstable, at least as far as TASC's claim. If i had a nickel for every time it was down I would have made a fortune on my services

but an upgrade is something else altogether. contact tata customer support if you need help
Tata Motors Customer Support :: Complaint
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 19:52   #7
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Irish
Even if they are upgrading, it will not be down fully. Call Tata customer care and also send an email from their website. you will get immediate response for the same.

By the way which dealer ?
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 20:49   #8
BHPian

Re: NO BILLING - Is Tata updating its CRM software?

Same experience at Phoenix, Pune today.

Systems weren't working, though they did the billing manually.
mayuresh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 22:09   #9
tud
BHPian

I serviced my Fiat GP on 5th April 2012 in Chennai. It was all working fine. Bills generated. SMS generated to inform completion of service.

The service centre was also able to retrieve owner details based on regn number (some guy was checking various regn numbers to trace someone). So their database is fine.
tud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 23:14   #10
BHPian

Thanks guys. From your replies, it seems that there is some problem with TATA's servers. There is a problem in generating bills. I think I will also see, if they can generate it by tomorrow otherwise escalate it to the management.

I went to this dealer as I have a couple of known people working at senior positions at showroom as well as workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the tata siebel CRM is notoriously unstable, at least as far as TASC's claim. If i had a nickel for every time it was down I would have made a fortune on my services

but an upgrade is something else altogether. contact tata customer support if you need help
Tata Motors Customer Support :: Complaint
Thanks for the link. But it seems TATA needs to improve this page as well. I am choosing complaint area / sub-area as "Pre-Sales" and it is still asking me to enter a Registration Number. Now what the registration no. in this world for a pre-sales query?

See the snapshot of this page:

NO BILLING - Is Tata updating its CRM software?-complaint.jpg

BTW, it can be done using a dummy registration number. But still TATAs need to learn on this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
By the way which dealer ?
You have a PM.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2012 at 14:25. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 16th April 2012, 23:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. From your replies, it seems that there is some problem with TATA's servers. There is a problem in generating bills. I think I will also see, if they can generate it by tomorrow otherwise escalate it to the management.
Even if there is some problem in generating bills, that should not stop from a customer from purchasing or registering the car.

They can generate manual bill for now and update DMS before first service.
Old 16th April 2012, 23:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link. But it seems TATA needs to improve this page as well. I am choosing complaint area / sub-area as "Pre-Sales" and it is still asking me to enter a Registration Number. Now what the registration no. in this world for a pre-sales query?
trust me, there are far bigger bugs with that page - It gets even more interesting when you actually enter a reg no
Old 17th April 2012, 12:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Don't they give a receipt at the same time when you handover the cheque? Either manual of computerized, i always insist on immediate receipt of the cheque given.

Hardly had any instances when folks have refused to give a receipt for any reason, but on the few occasions that i have had, my response have bee, No Receipt then No Cheque. Push them for getting a manual receipt to move things forward, the world does not (and should not) stop because of this software upgrade.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 13:15   #14
BHPian

Thanks Guys for your suggestions and all replies.

I have just come back from the showroom and everything seems (still can't trust until they deliver the vehicle) to be sorted out. I reached the showroom by 10 AM sharp and sat there to wait for the GM Sales. The person who was making excuses yesterday came to me. I told him that manual receipts can also be made but he said Delhi RTOs do not accept manual receipts anyhow he will get the billing done today in any case. Anyways the conversation took the turn and I refused to talk to him any further as he was again saying that he never promised me anything earlier. Then I called to one of my contact, who in turn contacted the GM Sales of the showroom, who was taking the morning meeting with his sales staff. I was immediately called by the GM in his room and I told him about the sarkari attitude of his staff. Then I had to narrate him my experiences. He called all the responsible people in front of me and warned them about their behavior.

He immediately told me that you can take the vehicle today itself and he is ready to send a person to the RTO tomorrow but I insisted to take the delivery only after the registration process i.e. tomorrow. So after a discussion of 30 minutes, I came out of his room as a happy man.

Went straight to the car and did a detailed PDI, the 12 pages list which I had taken from this encyclopedia i.e. TeamBHP. Everything has been checked apart from driving the car. Only two problems were noticed - Dirty interiors and loose fuel tank lid. They have assured me to get them fixed by today. The car will be sent to RTO tomorrow morning and hopefully, we will be able to take the delivery at the showroom.

Thanks all for your advices. Will start the ownership thread accordingly.

Cheers!
Irish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks