Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 14:59   #1
Team-BHP Support

Radiant Toyota Ludhiana - Bad experience regarding RC

As many of you know, we got delivery of our Liva GDSP in the first week of March 2012.

Delivery was from Toyota dealership "Radiant Toyota" in Ludhiana.

Nowadays, it is mandatory, that the dealership applies for registration.
So on the day of delivery, we handed over the complete amount, and signed whatever was to be signed.

According to expectation, RC smart card should arrive in one month(validity of temp number plate).

When it did not materialize by first week of April inspite of repeated reminders, I demanded proof that they had indeed done the process.

Guess what. I got quite a shock when documents revealed, that my application for registration was submitted on 29th march.

This was only the first shock.

I was expecting the RC to definitely come by 20th of April, but when it did not, I called them up on 22nd of April.

Guess what. shock number 2.

They had not submitted all the documents, and some documents were pending. After numerous phone calls, they promised to submit everything by 24th april, and that the RC will come within a week.

Now may is here. It will be 2 months soon. And guess what, I still have not got the RC.

When Toyota Feedback call came, I complained about the same, but the executive was only interested about delivery experience(which was thankfully positive), and not really about anything else.

This kind of shoddy service is quite shocking. I am still wondering, where is the RC!
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 15:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Radiant Toyota Ludhiana - Bad experience regarding RC

Temp registration is expired by now and you will be driving around in a car with invalid registration. God forbid but if a Car is involved in any accident, claim won't be honored as vehicle is not registered.

You need to give them some good piece of mind, also escalate the issue to Toyota. Car ownership doesn't end after taking delivery and all the related aspects are equally important.
Old 30th April 2012, 16:07   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

@TSK, do you have a regular num or a temp registration number ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Temp registration is expired by now and you will be driving around in a car with invalid registration.
Old 30th April 2012, 16:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Its shocking but i am not sure, it happens differently in Bangalore. As soon as the dealership submits the papers they are allocated a permanent number (immediately) and the car leaves the showroom with valid registration number (or worse it comes a day later). You never drive with a Temp Registration number.

My Smart card came after 90 Days, i am not sure why don't all the RTO's follow similar timelines.

Either way i would escalate the matters to Toyota HO. These days most dealerships are only concerned about things that are in their control, and RTO problems does not figure in those hence they never were interested in even acknowledging the complaint on the call.
Old 30th April 2012, 16:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think by now you must have been allocated a new registration number for your car and call you dealership and get the one.

I got my registration number after 3 - 4 days and RC card came after 30 days in Bangalore. Since, these days RTO issues plastic RC card and it is outsourced everywhere, so they take some time.

By this time you can demand these things immediately from your dealer

1. Tax paid receipt
2. New registration number.

You can wait for RC card for some more days.
Old 30th April 2012, 16:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Its shocking but i am not sure, it happens differently in Bangalore. As soon as the dealership submits the papers they are allocated a permanent number (immediately) and the car leaves the showroom with valid registration number (or worse it comes a day later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I got my registration number after 3 - 4 days and RC card came after 30 days in Bangalore. Since, these days RTO issues plastic RC card and it is outsourced everywhere, so they take some time.
You guys are talking about self authority system, where a series of number is allocated to a particular dealer and they can issue number from the series to cars delivered by them. Same is the case here in Delhi but in numerous state permanent number is not given outrightly and vehicle has to run on a temp number for a certain time period.

Its complete responsibility of the dealership to ensure the timely issuance of permanent registration number.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks