Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2012, 12:12   #1
BHPian

Great Experience - Pashankar Auto (PCMC)

Yesterday, it was my B_I_L's birthday and a we had a nice surprise from Pashankar Auto - Chinchwad (Chevrolet)

My sister got a call at around 3:30 PM from Pashankar Auto inquiring about my B_I_L's available. Since, he is not here in Pune at this time, my sister asked them if it was regarding something specific.

They first wished a very happy birthday on behalf of the company and the showroom and asked for a suitable time they can come over to celebrate the day.

Time was fixed for 5:30 PM. Two representatives come over in a gleaming white Chevy Cruze at the doorstep with a nice big Black Forest cake. They handed over the cake to sister and requested to fill in a sheet for comments about the gesture/overall satisfaction. Also took a few snaps of nephew.

Now, the most important thing! My B_I_L has a Chevy Spark, base model and it is already around 2 years old. Still Pashankar Auto made the day really special for my B_I_L and the entire family!

Kudos to Pashakar Auto (Chinchwad) and Chevy for this wonderful gesture! Way to go!
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th May 2012, 13:37   #2
BANNED

Re: Great Experience - Pashankar Auto (PCMC)

I have been using their car for als t 2.5 years. Car being servied at pashankar, satara road for all this time. It is under warrenty and satara road serivce station is just 4 Km from place.

15 days back, while on road, within city , car broke down. Problem drilled down after opening bonnet was burnt/broken spark plug silicon wires - own diagnosis.

Tried calling regular service advisor. he didnt pick up. Tried 3 more times and decided to take the car to satara road service station somehow as it was a simple job of replacing cable. (Wanted Genuine parts and this company doesnt sale genuine part out of dealer)

When i reached there, were shocked to know that they they had closed down satara road outlet - a month back (Atleast they should have updated customers getting their cars serviced at this location always - a single SMS. But they didnt bothered.)

Called up their land line and told them my problem. I have been told - after taking my mobile no/car no. , i will get a call in 15 mins. Else i can comedown to their Pashan/PCMC service centre with car (I was atleast 20-25 KM from them)

Waited for 30 mins on road - in hot mid noon. (What else i can do with nearly broken car). Called their landline, lady told me to wait for 10 more mins, somehow i also took mobie no. of their pashn Sr. Service advisor.

Norhing Happened for 20 mins. Even mobile no. given was switched off. Had already wasted 2+ hours in all this exercise.

I have had enoiugh. Somehow managed to drive 2 more KM till CityPride and purchsed 4 Spark Cables immediately. Replaced them myself. Car was back to life !! (Initial plan was to use non genuine cables and atleast reach to Pashan service centre.)

Even after 15 days, they never bothered to check out with me. (I had regisred break down request with them with all my details during first call and SMSed both mobile numbers about my break down issue.)

Yesterday, i have been to maruti showroom as i am thinking of replacement of car. If even for simple issues cheverlet cant support customers, it will be horrible to think about major issues.

@ObsessedByFIAT : It might be a good gesture by them - send across cake and being part of customers celebration. Am happy about that.

But whats the point, they have failed to do their CORE JOB. After all their Primary goal is sell and service cars (not sending cakes or may be they do it for Premimum (Cruze) customers :-) ).

Last edited by idea : 27th May 2012 at 13:46.
idea is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 17:23   #3
BHPian

Hi Idea! What happnened to you surely is not a good thing to happen to anyone.

However, I have had only good experiences with Pashankar so far. And yes, we do not have a Cruze, instead have their lowest cost offering - Base model Chevy Spark! It does not even have power windows or music system!!

As against this, we also have a Ford Figo Diesel top end and have never seen anything close in terms of service from Ford!

Anyways, many people, many experiences! Some good some bad and some ugly!
Old 28th May 2012, 18:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post

@ObsessedByFIAT : It might be a good gesture by them - send across cake and being part of customers celebration. Am happy about that.

But whats the point, they have failed to do their CORE JOB.
Agreed.
Quality of (car) service is the most important.
BTW, did they ever send you a birthday cake in those 2.5 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Hi Idea! What happnened to you surely is not a good thing to happen to anyone.

However, I have had only good experiences with Pashankar so far. And yes, we do not have a Cruze, instead have their lowest cost offering - Base model Chevy Spark! It does not even have power windows or music system!!
How has been the actual service experience?

In a ligher note: did you check what car you have - according to their records? May be they think you have a Vectra or Corvette, who knows.

Cheers!
Old 28th May 2012, 19:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using their car for last 2.5 years. Car being servied at pashankar, satara road for all this time. It is under warrenty and satara road service station is just 4 Km from place.
:
When i reached there, were shocked to know that they they had closed down satara road outlet - a month back (Atleast they should have updated customers getting their cars serviced at this location always - a single SMS. But they didnt bothered.)
My case is same as yours. I stay at walking distance from Pashankar Satara road service station. My Spark is now completing nearly 5 years, with all except one service done at their Satara road service station.

Fortunately, I visited their workshop just week before it got closed. They had put up a small board there announcing the shift. But that hardly way to announce. I agree with you that they should have sent sms to their regular customers.

5 years back, their service standard was as good as Maruti. But lately I have started seeing degradation in their service.

And No, I never received a birthday cake from them. To be frank, I won't like someone who is not close to me dropping at home on my birthday to celebrate it. So I am ok with it. Only gesture I liked was I got sms congratulating me when my car completed 2 years wishing me more happy miles.

I am not sure what I am going to do for next servicing as their Pashan service center is at odd location. Though it is on the way to my office in Hinjewadi, their is no public transport to come to office after I drop the car for servicing.
Old 28th May 2012, 21:11   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Agreed.
Quality of (car) service is the most important.
BTW, did they ever send you a birthday cake in those 2.5 years?

Cheers!
Nope.

Never expected it also though.
Old 29th May 2012, 14:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
How has been the actual service experience?
In a ligher note: did you check what car you have - according to their records? May be they think you have a Vectra or Corvette, who knows.
Cheers!
Well, this was the first time we recieved the cake from them!

Their records have the correct car model as they were setting up thier new showroom in PCMC and we were (I guess) the initial batch 100 or 200 customer for them. (So again guessing, they wouldn't have screwed up thier records in the begining itself!)

Anyways, even the after sales and servicing part has been good so far. we have the three year no bill contract with them. So the car goes in there and comes out with whatever is broken. Till now, apart from the regular oil change, we have got the wipers changed twice (free of cost) and a few other little things like polishing the car etc.

So far so good. And I expect it to be that ways in coming future as well!

Cheers!
Old 9th July 2012, 16:50   #8
BANNED

Quote:
I have been using their car for als t 2.5 years. Car being servied at pashankar, satara road for all this time. It is under warrenty and satara road serivce station is just 4 Km from place.

15 days back, while on road, within city , car broke down. Problem drilled down after opening bonnet was burnt/broken spark plug silicon wires - own diagnosis.

Tried calling regular service advisor. he didnt pick up. Tried 3 more times and decided to take the car to satara road service station somehow as it was a simple job of replacing cable. (Wanted Genuine parts and this company doesnt sale genuine part out of dealer)

Called up their land line and told them my problem. I have been told - after taking my mobile no/car no. , i will get a call in 15 mins. Else i can comedown to their Pashan/PCMC service centre with car (I was atleast 20-25 KM from them)

Waited for 30 mins on road - in hot mid noon. (What else i can do with nearly broken car). Called their landline, lady told me to wait for 10 more mins, somehow i also took mobie no. of their pashn Sr. Service advisor.

Norhing Happened for 20 mins. Even mobile no. given was switched off. Had already wasted 2+ hours in all this exercise.

I have had enoiugh. Somehow managed to drive 2 more KM till CityPride and purchsed 4 Spark Cables immediately. Replaced them myself. Car was back to life !! (Initial plan was to use non genuine cables and atleast reach to Pashan service centre.)

Even after 15 days, they never bothered to check out with me. (I had regisred break down request with them with all my details during first call and SMSed both mobile numbers about my break down issue.)

Yesterday, i have been to maruti showroom as i am thinking of replacement of car. If even for simple issues cheverlet cant support customers, it will be horrible to think about major issues.

But whats the point, they have failed to do their CORE JOB. After all their Primary goal is sell and service cars (not sending cakes or may be they do it for Premimum (Cruze) customers :-) ).
Just to update - Sold my 3 year car due to poor service - Things are bad as they are only service provider in city. (Not counting Singh motors here). But car is great !!
Old 5th November 2012, 15:13   #9
BHPian

Can somebody please guide which chevrolet dealer in Pune gives the best after sales service?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks