Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2006, 16:34   #1
BHPian

If it's Maruti, make sure it isn't Vitesse

My Swift ZXi is just two weeks old. Wanted to highlight a few experiences with the dealer Vitesse, from where I purchased the car in Bombay. If you're buying a Swift in Bombay either skip Vitesse or ensure you don't suffer like I did.

Incidentally, Vitesse is the oldest and largest Maruti dealer in Bombay. They were angels before I paid them (I didn't like the test drive car which was just back from a crash and they promptly arranged another one). But they transformed themselves into a perfect 'we-don't-give-a-damn' company once the deal was signed.

Firstly, they messed up delivery. I booked on a Tuesday (Mar 28) and they registered the car that Friday (Mar 31) and on Wednesday (Apr 5) confirmed that I could pick up my car since the loan disbursement had come. I called them on Thu and Fri and each time confirmed I would pick it up on Sat, but on Sat (Apr 8) they suddenly discovered the loan disbursement hadn't reached them. After a lot of arguing they finally gave me the car.

Even worse, they gave me a car with a part of the door handle missing -- the cover above the keyhole on the driver's door handle. They said it must have been removed during the 'teflon' procedure. More arguing and they promised to come to my place with a new cover on Monday, but that was the last I heard from them. Finally, after repeated calls on Tuesday, I had to visit their showroom on Tuesday evening to get the part.

Also, the accessories promised were pathetic. I was promised accessories worth Rs 3000 but what they gave me were really cheap mats (would cost less than 200 bucks), a cheap steering wheel cover (costing not more than 50 bucks), an engine light, perfume and mudflaps. I was furious at the cheap stuff and asked them to take it all back, which they didn't do. I've refused to pay for it.

Worse, the service advisor who handed me the car told me no running in was required and I could do whatever I wanted and touch any speed. I had to open the manual, find out the part where it said low RPM during first 960 km and shove it under his face.

Even worse was to follow. My ZXi comes with a security system and when I checked with the service advisor if it was fully activated and if there was anything I should do, I was told there was NOTHING I had to do and was expressly told not to touch it. But when I read the security system manual, I realised he was fibbing--the car came in valet mode with most security features DISABLED!!! And to activate the system all it took was a small procedure lasting around 4-5 seconds, which even a kindergarten student could do! Imagine how many other ZXi Swifts delivered by Vitesse are on the streets with the owner thinking his car is secure, when in reality most features are disabled!

Great car--I'm really enjoying driving it, but absolutely pathetic sales experience! Only bright side has been: I owe Vitesse around 2000 for Teflon/anti-rust (after deducting the 3000 in accessories due to me) and they haven't called up regarding this. Not that I am going to pay them after they made me suffer but looks like they don't care either way....

- Ivor
Old 21st April 2006, 16:41   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor
Worse, the service advisor who handed me the car told me no running in was required and I could do whatever I wanted and touch any speed. I had to open the manual, find out the part where it said low RPM during first 960 km and shove it under his face.
Same with my Baleno, the maruti dealer told me no run-in is required for "mpfi" cars....then because of my enthu while going thru' the manual found that it was required for first 1000 kms..

Quote:
Even worse was to follow. My ZXi comes with a security system and when I checked with the service advisor if it was fully activated and if there was anything I should do, I was told there was NOTHING I had to do and was expressly told not to touch it. But when I read the security system manual, I realised he was fibbing--the car came in valet mode with most security features DISABLED!!! And to activate the system all it took was a small procedure lasting around 4-5 seconds, which even a kindergarten student could do! Imagine how many other ZXi Swifts delivered by Vitesse are on the streets with the owner thinking his car is secure, when in reality most features are disabled!
- Ivor
he initally told nothing was required, but then to test the security system i banged the car hard with my hand and no siren came, then i asked him whats wrong, then came the reply that its in VALET mode.....and did some settings to change it to ARMED mode.

I think Hyndai/Marutis all are same when it comes to sales....u r god until to sign the deal......once done you are uninvited guest.
Old 21st April 2006, 16:50   #3
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Bought 3 Marutis from 3 different dealers.... all the same.
They have this attitude!

The last one actually told us to take a zen instead of a Alto Vxi... b'coz Alto is a girl's car.

The second last one... cut the wires to put the music system and central locking.

The first one... took 2 weeks to deliver a 800... and said... don't cross 30-40km/h for 1000kms.
Old 21st April 2006, 16:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Bought 3 Marutis from 3 different dealers.... all the same.
They have this attitude!

The last one actually told us to take a zen instead of a Alto Vxi... b'coz Alto is a girl's car.
LOL......this was funny.
Old 21st April 2006, 17:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

dudes...let me share my experience too ...i give my car(M800 1998 carubured) to ravi automobiles in ghatkopar for servicing....
I just went there to give it for service...nd then the service engineer took the car for test drive....with my dad sittin in the front..nd me sittin behind..nd him driving..after gettin out of the station..he goes like ...suno aapna silencer fat gaya hai..replace karna hai?...nd the noise that was commin was from the intake of the carburator that little whooosshh sould u get in carbureted vehicle..which anyone could easily make out..BEAT that ..he was tryin to fool me into buyin a new silencer...just becasuse i was smart enough to aknowlegde what sound it was ..i told him on the face..that thats the carbureted air intake making the noise..nd not the silencer..he had nothin so say
How dumb can these engineers get dudes..I had given my car to sai service(Andheri)..nd i must say those guys are very genuine...they say what exactly is wrong..without fooling the custormers..
Old 21st April 2006, 17:27   #6
SLK
Senior - BHPian

my every visit is an experience.... but here's another one http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-de...les-delhi.html
Old 21st April 2006, 21:02   #7
BHPian

Well, i got my Baleno as well as my Esteem from Spectra Motors In Andheri. Fabulous service right from the day we went in for a test drive till the delivery date. It was a great experience.

Cheers
Old 24th April 2006, 18:18   #8
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Well, i got my Baleno as well as my Esteem from Spectra Motors In Andheri. Fabulous service right from the day we went in for a test drive till the delivery date. It was a great experience.

Cheers
even i got my baleno frm there ...found the service amazing
Old 24th April 2006, 19:35   #9
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Oops, i am sorry but it was Spectra Motors in Ghatkopar. i apologise for the typo.

Cheers
Old 24th April 2006, 22:42   #10
BHPian

I guess you should deal with only one sales/service advisor wherever u go even if it means waiting for a while till ur advisor gets free.... dealing with different ones during different visits is not advisable since they end up playing chinese whispers and u end up getting frustrated..
Old 24th April 2006, 22:55   #11
BHPian

Fortunately for us Vitesse showed their colors before the deal was signed.

My wife was taking the test drive, and the ensured that a very small round was taken. (less than a km). I said wtf? The sales rep said we generally don't give test drives after 6.30 without prior apointments. I said then it shd have been made clear to us in advance and we wd not have taken such a short drive. We made it clear that we had just test driven Palio and Getz on the Worli Sea face stretch, and it was important that we test drive it on the same stretch, to compare the three. The sales rep then did us a favor by allowing another longer td.
Old 24th April 2006, 23:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
I think Hyndai/Marutis all are same when it comes to sales....u r god until to sign the deal......once done you are uninvited guest.
HAHAHA.. Hyudai delaers are top of the world here in chd. They dont care about customer. Whether he is existing and new. We are existing customer of Hyundai and their dealer deals us like anything. Every one in sales is busy in thier own chit chat.. no customer attention. They are getting worse..

Even GM service has improved a lot after the dealership has changed. I hope we get a new hyundai dealer here soon. The best dealership experience we have ever had is with PASCO automobiles (Maruit Dealer). I mean they are too good or the best dealer of Maruti.. but oh well he has left maruti dealership and is now opening a Shopping MALL...
Old 25th April 2006, 12:56   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I am extremely surprised at your Vitesse experience. For the last decade, I have been only too happy with them (Sales and service).

Have forwarded this link to someone I know in Vitesse.

GTO
Old 25th April 2006, 18:39   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I am extremely surprised at your Vitesse experience. For the last decade, I have been only too happy with them (Sales and service).

Have forwarded this link to someone I know in Vitesse.

GTO
Thanks. I intend to take it up with Maruti directly when I get the time. The only decent people at Vitesse were Jal, who I believe is a senior manager or a GM and Surendra, who is a manager. But even they failed me badly. On delivery day, when the tamasha was on, Jal was the one who took the decision to deliver the car. Then when I showed him the low-grade accessories and the missing door handle cover, he apologised and promised to take it up and said he would be in touch with me.

I called him the Monday after since he hadn't called. Again, he said he would be in touch and was finding out why things had gone so wrong. That was the last I heard--when I called again, they refused to even connect me to him. And despite his promises to deliver the door handle cover to me, I had to go and collect it.

Incidentally, do you seriously recommend I service the car at Vitesse? Any people you know in the service side?

- Ivor
Old 1st May 2006, 17:05   #15
BHPian

Spectra Motors

Quote:

Cheers
Hi friends, anybody having any idea about Spectra Motors showroom/workshop in Goregaon/Malad? Recently I got the AC of my 800 serviced from the Malad workshop. They said they replaced the thermostat and charged Rs 1850.00 as the total servicing cost. Looks a bit on the higher side. Anybody having any past experience with them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks